I have the same problem following unintentionally allowing DSM to install beta software. I now have two versions of Apache (2.2 and 2.4) and of MariaDB (5 and 10) and of PhP (5.6 and 7).
I have already got a commercial certificate installed for https but get the same error message when looking to update extensions
It seems that php.ini is missing some settings. See https://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=7440&title=Problem_with_SSL_and_PHP_5.6
I tried setting the values for openssl.cafile and openssl.capth as follow, respectively to
in /usr/syno/etc/packages/WebStation/php56/php.ini and then in the WebStation PHP 5.6 Settings
-- restarting the web server (and dokuwiki). Neither resolved the problem, but I think I'm somewhere close.
The following command at a terminal prompt
$ php -r "print_r(openssl_get_cert_locations());"
[default_cert_file] => /etc/ssl/cert.pem
[default_cert_file_env] => SSL_CERT_FILE
[default_cert_dir] => /etc/ssl/certs
[default_cert_dir_env] => SSL_CERT_DIR
[default_private_dir] => /etc/ssl/private
[default_default_cert_area] => /etc/ssl
even after I've tried to update these, so I'd guess I'm not making the changes in the right place. Perhaps it should be here:
I'll try this tomorrow -- if it's not going to work I don't want to know just now.
Incidentally, the openssl and mcrypt boxes are checked in the WebStation's list of PhP extensions.