my job is to update our dokuwiki. when I wanted to start i copied the "productive" wiki to my local workstation to work on it. When i ran it i realized that there were many errors shown and that the formatting syntax is not being rendered but shown as plain text...
like actually using equal sign before and after a word should make a header out of it but in this case you can see the "code" behind the wanted formatting. in the "productive" version on the server the headlines are shown as h2 and so on but locally the texts of the pages (that are stored in txt files) are wrapped in a <p> tag followed by " and the "content" and ending with "==$0
How can I change that?
How, exactly, did you copy the productive Wiki to your local workstation? As far as I understand your problem description, your local files appear to contain HTML code and not DokuWiki markup.
well i installed xampp to simulate the our webserver dokuwiki runs on and then I just strg c strg v the dokuwiki folder from the fileserver to my local htdocs folder of xampps mainfolder. on my local machine i was downloading the newest version of dokuwiki because i have to bring the whole site up to date.
And yes the problem is when I access a page via any browser the text says exactly what the file does. That means the browser doesn't get to render the dokuwiki internal formatting "functions". Accessing the it via the server makes all files look formatted as they are supposed to be.
Let's say a file contains
accessing the local version looks like:
accessing the server version looks like:
the <h2> formatted word "Startseite"