After enabling the full htaccess (removing the ## commenting before certain code), the images were broken again, (and probably other related to _media, _detail, and _export), so I changed the regex to (_?.+), and now not broken. I hope no more surprises. I hope no more teasing.
So, again, in case you are reading this and not sure WTF is the purpose.
In past I had a site that:
* had dokuwiki in a subfolder instead of root
* used underscores as a word separator for my own naming of pages and media
* used ugly URLs
I followed the steps to use Nice Url's, but incoming requests from old links still showed the ugly, so used htaccess regex above to "301" tell user's web browsers and search engines that there is only one page, and to stop asking for the old URLs.
Google, the all powerful, say "underscore bad
", unless you are Wikipedia. So I renamed all my pages and media with hyphens, and used the plugin "orphans wanted" to clean up internal links. For existing links coming from outside my website to no longer be dead, I used regex to reform the request and provide a 301. The user's web browser then requests the Corrected Nice URL, and the dokuwiki-supplied-regex does it's thing for the internal request.
Check my work:
should now resolve as: