I can't find a good description of Patreon's gated content features. I know a lot of artists use it, and suggest joining their patreon from their YouTube videos. It seems they have content only their Patrons can see. I cant figure out whether it requires the creators to also maintain their own wordpress site to put the members only downloadable content. I detest wordpress, and would much rather use DokuWiki.
I have explored having some special page namespaces in my DokuWiki that are protected via ACL and a group, and only certain of my dokuwiki users getting access to them. This seemed to work well. I even explored conditional content based on ACL.
1) how would I link who is in a group with the list of my Patreon members? Or would this be manual process of adding and subtracting users and groups to dokuwiki?
2) Is there any kind of paid membership plugin for Dokuwiki?
3) I want to have a weekly benefit for my subscribers. If someone joins this month, they get the weekly benefits from this week forward, but they don't see previous weekly benefits. If they discontinue their subscription, they will see no more weekly benefits, but they will keep access to all benefits that they had.
4) My benefits will probably be in the form of large .zip downloads, anywhere from a few dozens of megabytes to a gigabyte. I want to make sure that the links to these files dont become publicly known and shared. I may want to have a system that lets me easily change the links so that illegally shared links become stale. It seems like I could do this by embed the link in a wiki page protected by group access, and change the link on the page, automatically giving everyone in the group access to the new version.
4a) Would DokuWiki media manager do ok to manage these downloadable assets?
4b) Or should I put the downloadable assets in something like DropBox, where periodically I could change the dropbox directory names, and then update all the wiki page links to them.
More info on DropBox download limits here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/banned-links
5) Is there any practical limit to the number of groups and users I might manage with Dokuwiki ACL? With the scheme outlined, I will easily be adding 52 new groups a year to many subscribers. Would Dokuwiki be happy processing an ACL with 10,000 members with 50, or 100, or 150 groups per member?