Myron has been rather patient with me. Apologies for the length of time it has taken me to apply his suggestions but other things got in the way. Here's what I've done.
- I created a new wiki with the latest Dokuwiki release.
- I installed the 'include' plugin. Copy the Download link from http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:include
and paste it into the Dokuwiki Plugin manager.
- I installed the 'ditaa' plugin. Copy the Download link from http://www.dokuwiki.org/?do=search&id=ditaa
and paste into the Dokuwiki Plugin manager.
- Go to http://www.mturner.org/dwfck/fckgLite/doku.php
and download the latest fckgLite release from the Dailies link in the sidebar.
- Upload this to your dokuwiki/lib/plugins folder. Use tar -zxvf filename.tgz to unpak it (on Linux).
You should now be ready to go.
fckgLite still corrupts ASCII art so Myron's suggestion is to create the graphics with DWEdit and save them as individual documents. You then reference these on the relevant page with syntax
where ditaa_page_name is the name of the page.
The ditaa manual is at http://ditaa.org/ditaa/
Again, thanks Myron for your patience.