This plugin is excellent but I miss some flexibility. Instead of merging history entries by the same user within 1 hour, I'd like to keep 1 history entry per month or per year, regardless of who edited it last.
So I can keep a long-term history of my dokuwiki, and still get rid of irrelevant old changes that clutter up my disk. In other words, make my wiki sustainable over long time.
I have partially implemented this. However somebody more experienced may hopefully improve it, and turn it into a new version of the plugin.
The attached version will:
* roll up ALL ENTRIES (regardless of the author) within ONE YEAR - WARNING!
(The description in the admin interface no longer applies!)
* add a notice to the merged history description text: (rollup 8760h)
* fix issues no. 1 and 2 (compatibility with pagemove plugin, and with IPv6 addresses; see https://github.com/cosmocode/clearhistory/issues
Changes to version 2010-01-23 are marked using //MOD:
Line numbers are conserved except in the end (until line 214)
* Update description of the plugin in the admin interface, for each language
* Add configuration option to change the time delay ($hourstep is currently hardcoded to 8760 hours for a year)
* Add configuration option to ignore the author or not (lines 189ff are now simply commented out)
* Add configuration option to keep all changes since some date (so we could do consecutive rollups with different settings for different time periods)