Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
indexmenu2 missing characters?
Page:  previous  1  2 
drumsoloartist #16
Member since Dec 2006 · 14 posts · Location: USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In reply to post ID 1731
Hmmm... Give me a couple days, I will see what I can do...
purplepaisley #17
Member since May 2006 · 142 posts · Location: UK
I've got a mac that I just set up a Vine Server on (VNC viewer compatible), if you still need a way to test, send me a message.  :-)
WingedFox #18
Member since Sep 2006 · 27 posts
Thank you, i'll write you later, currently i've found a Mac in the company i working for.

I've found that menu does not work in Safari 2.0.4 (419-3) at all 8*(
Some DW scripts does screw it up and generate the bunch of 'out of memory' errors.
drumsoloartist #19
Member since Dec 2006 · 14 posts · Location: USA
Great News! - Thank you for all the efforts!...
Pattis #20
Member since Dec 2006 · 7 posts
I experience a problem that sounds like the one in post #1 of this thread. After installing the indexmenu2 plugin, the toolbar menu smiley and special characters show "new" links with no image. The problem is with WinXP2 IE 6.0, but not with Firefox.

I am using a fresh dokuwiki installation 2006-11-06, no templates, only plugins installed are indexmenu2 and remotescript. Tried version 1.11.1, 1.11.3 and 2.04b of indexmenu. Tried dokuwiki installation on a remote *nix server and a local xp and local Win2003 server. Also tried without installing remotescript plugin. All of this made no difference.

The problem must be cnnected with the files lib\plugins\indexmenu\cms\extensions\arrayextensions.js which causes 6 dead icons in special characters menu and objectextensions.js  which adds 2 dead icons in special characters menu and 3 dead icons in the smileys menu. When renaming or removing those files, the dead icons no longer appear (while indexmenu won't work properly after this, of course).

When right-clicking and checking the URL address of the picture, I get e.g. this:
http://www.<mydomain>.de/dokuwiki/lib/images/smileys/function%20(obj,%20overwrite)%20{%20%20/*%20%20*%20%20overwrite%
20by%20default%20%20*/%20%20try%20{%20var%20n%20=%20new%20obj.constructor();%20}%20catch(e)%20{return%20null;}
%20%20try%20{%20%20%20%20if%20(isUndefined(overwrite))%20overwrite%20=%20true;%20%20%20%20for%20(var%20i%20in%
20obj)%20{%20%20%20%20%20%20if%20(!obj.hasOwnProperty(i))%20continue;%20%20%20%20%20%20if%20(isUndefined(this[i])%
20||%20(overwrite%20&&%20typeof%20this[i]%20!=%20typeof%20obj))%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20if%20(obj[i]%20instanceof%
20Array)%20this[i]%20=%20[];%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20else%20if%20('object'%20==%20typeof%20obj[i])%20this[i]%20=%20
{};%20%20%20%20%20%20if%20(obj[i]%20instanceof%20Array)%20this[i]%20=%20this[i].concat(obj[i]);%20%20%20%20%20%20else
%20if%20('object'%20==%20typeof%20obj[i])%20this[i].merge(obj[i],%20overwrite);%20%20%20%20%20%20else%20if%20(isUndefined
(this[i])%20||%20overwrite)%20this[i]%20=%20obj[i];%20%20%20%20}%20%20}%20catch(e)%20{return%20this}}

Two screenshots to illustrate:
[Image: http://www.das-wunder-von-berni.de/shots/specialchars.jpg]
[Image: http://www.das-wunder-von-berni.de/shots/smileys.jpg]

To me, it looks like a bug. But as it's plugin related, I hope this is still the right place to post here.

Maybe it's easy for you to check and fix it in an upcoming release of the indexmenu plugin, my knowledge of JS and/or dokuwiki programming is by far not enough. Thanks!
WingedFox #21
Pattis, this is the problem with Andi's JavaScript experience. Long time ago i've recorded a bug http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=874, but there's no results yet.
Pattis #22
Thanks for your answer, Ilya (and thanks for this great plugin, btw). Following your link to the bug database helped me to find a solution.

Although I did not quite understand where to "add the function to JS libs" (which of the .js-files need to be amended?), I've found a workaround by editing the file ''edit.js'' in dokuwiki/lib/scripts/ from
function createPicker(id,list,icobase,edid){
    var cnt = list.length;
[...]
    for(var key in list){
          var btn = document.createElement('button');
          btn.className = 'pickerbutton';
[...]
          picker.appendChild(btn);
    }
to
function createPicker(id,list,icobase,edid){
    var cnt = list.length;
[...]
    for(var key in list){
        var myvar = DOKU_BASE+'lib/images/'+icobase+'/'+list[key];
        if(myvar.indexOf("function")==-1){
          var btn = document.createElement('button');
          btn.className = 'pickerbutton';
[...]
          picker.appendChild(btn);
             }
       }

As all "dead icons" in the smiley and special chars toolbar picker have the word "function" in the image address, the workaround checks the absence of this string before adding the smiley/char button.

Probably not the best way, but for me it works.
WingedFox #23
Please, download the following patch: _http://cms.debugger.ru/dl/lib.zip
Backup your /lib/exe and /lib/scripts folders, then unpack archive to DokuWiki root folder.

This have not been tested with the any official DokuWiki releases, but might be compatible with 2006-11-06 and up.
Pattis #24
Thanks for the patch. I've checked the functionality briefly with my wiki, the dead links no longer appear.

However, your removal of the lines
DOKU_INC.'lib/scripts/domLib.js',
DOKU_INC.'lib/scripts/domTT.js'
in dokuwiki/lib/exe/js.php seems to break the plugin folded (does not unfold any longer). At least, after re-inserting these two lines, folded worked again.

Another issue I've came across: when using the ajax variant of the indexmenu plugin having the tree nodes opened till second level, e.g.
{{indexmenu>:mynamespace#2|js#IndexMenu+ajax}}
where "mynamespace" refers to a namespace having more than two child levels, the nodes will not load after clicking on the + sign to expand the nodes. The word "loading" appears, but the child nodes are not shown.

There is no issue when all levels of a namespace, e.g.
{{indexmenu>:mynamespace|js#IndexMenu+ajax}}
are to be shown. I've noticed this behaviour using Firefox (for Windows version 2.0.0.1), only. Using IE (for windows, version 6.0) the plugin works as expected.
WingedFox #25
Hello Pattis

Sorry for a long delay, i was far away from a PCs =)

This patch is made against development version of DW, where domLib&domTT are gone.

Quote by Pattis:
where "mynamespace" refers to a namespace having more than two child levels, the nodes will not load after clicking on the + sign to expand the nodes. The word "loading" appears, but the child nodes are not shown.
It seems, that the problem is in RemoteScript plugin compatibility with FF2.0.1
I've submitted a testcase and bugreport to the author of JsHttpReuest library.
Thank you for the bugreport.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  previous  1  2 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-18, 19:05:19 (UTC +01:00)