Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist RSS
Mediawiki style internal linking
Ashtagon #1
Member since Jan 2010 · 128 posts · Location: London, UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Mediawiki style internal linking
Currently, the following links will all link to teh same page (assuming you have enabled the plural linking option):

[[cat]]
[[cats]]
[[cat]]s
[[cat]]'s

My problem is that the last two links won't include the trailing "s" or " 's" as part of the link. I know I can just make the link [[cat|cats]] or [[cat|cat's]] instead, and if it were just me editing a personal wiki I might not even care, but this not only creates a barrier for entry-level users, but also makes the wiki code look a little less tidy.

Does anyone know of a plugin that exists to enable the syntax I require? That is, for a link to open on a "[[", and close on any of the following:

• "]]* " (two end brackets followed by one or more characters, followed by a space)
  • "]] ./,/:/;/!/?" (two end brackets followed by a stop, comma, colon, semi-colon, exclamation mark, or question mark)

Essentially, letters, numbers, and apostrophes should be accepted as part of the link even when they appear outside the "]]", provided there are no spaces or other symbols between the acceptable characters. The overall intent is to mimic mediawiki internal link syntax.

I'm willing to put GBP 20 towards a bounty for this.
Aleksandr #2
Member since Mar 2010 · 259 posts · Location: Volgograd, Russia
Configuration settings:
deaccent = 1
autoplural = 1
ru: Пожалуйста, избегайте избыточного цитирования.
en: Don’t use an overquoting, please.
Ashtagon #3
This does not work.

Also, it seems to permanently break the monobook template (even when the cache is flushed).
This post was edited on 2011-12-13, 21:21 by Ashtagon.
Andreas (Moderator) #4
Member since Dec 2009 · 264 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Also, it seems to permanently break the monobook template (even when the cache is flushed).

Which monobook version do you use? I cannot reproduce this (and I also don't know how these options should influence monobook).
I'm so electronic I shit bits
Ashtagon #5
Hmm, or further research, it appears to be "bug 49642". The previously-deleted style.ini file in the tpl/monobook folder got re-created somehow at the same time I was testing those two settings.

However, the two options still do not provide the functionality required regarding link creation.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-17, 11:52:59 (UTC +02:00)