Alternative wiki markup
Less cumbersome alternative for editing on mobile phones
Cirrocumulus #1
Member since Jan 2011 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Alternative wiki markup
Hello,

I'm pleased with the default DokuWiki syntax, as it makes sense visually, and no problem to use with the existing shortcuts & my own AutoHotkey shortcuts. On my mobile phone however, where I occasionally edit and create new pages, it's too much to manually type 12 = signs divided by 2 spaces for a H1 heading, and I constantly need to check the number of spaces in lists, which I use a lot.

A plugin to render alternative wiki syntax, such as ! for H1 headings, !! for H2, etc., and * (without preceding spaces) for UL1, ** for UL2, etc., for editing wiki pages with mobile phones, would be useful.
ach (Administrator) #2
Member since May 2006 · 1334 posts · Location: London, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by Cirrocumulus:
On my mobile phone [...] it's too much to manually type 12 = signs divided by 2 spaces for a H1 heading
If it's a smartphone on which JavaScript should work, I'd be interested to know which one it is and which browser you are using (to be able to check why the toolbar is not working).

Quote by Cirrocumulus:
A plugin to render alternative wiki syntax, such as ! for H1 headings, !! for H2, etc., and * (without preceding spaces) for UL1, ** for UL2, etc., for editing wiki pages with mobile phones, would be useful.

The Creole Plugin is what you're looking for.
Cirrocumulus #3
Member since Jan 2011 · 9 posts
Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is for offline editing, from within plain text editors. Online editing wouldn't be a problem.

(btw, my phone's a G1, with Android 1.6 OS, probably irrelevant given my clarification).

Thanks for pointing out the Creole plugin. It's strange I couldn't find it myself, but my search terms were mostly related to lists. I should recommend other tags to make it easier for others to find.
This post was edited on 2011-01-17, 01:59 by Cirrocumulus.
HansBKK #4
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
I've put in a request for Txt2tags support, which is very similar to DW's but uses a reverse sequence for heading importance:

= H1 =
== H2 ==

etc.

For many other reasons beyond your desire, but yours would also be satisfied along the way:
http://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/29465
houshuang #5
Member since Apr 2011 · 11 posts
Subject: You're looking for htags
I love DokuWiki, but there are a few plugins which are really crucial for my comfort, and htags is one of them... It enables me to type h1. , h2. etc instead of ===== ... Much easier to type, much easier to quickly change from one level to another, and to my eyes, it looks much cleaner.
HansBKK #6
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
I'll also take the opportunity to mention that the developer of Zim, a desktop wiki that uses a syntax that is very close to DW's (I think a superset?) is working on an export script that will allow Zim to export to Pandoc's flavor of extended markdown.

http://zim-wiki.org/
http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-20, 05:18:44 (UTC +02:00)