Daily/Weekly status report tracker
status report tracker support in dokuwiki
rajasekhar #1
Member since Feb 2012 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Daily/Weekly status report tracker
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a WSR tracker plugin already available in dokuwiki.

If there is not one already, could someone help developing this plugin?

I am expecting the below points for this feature:
- user logs in and updates his task and time spent on every task day by day or on a week basis.
For ex:
DAY - TASK - TASK TYPE - TIME SPENT
Monday - Task 1  <description> - Task type <development/testing/bug fixing> - 2hours
Monday - Task 2  <description> - Task type <development/testing/bug fixing> - 3hours
- user should be able to read past status report. probably a drop down list displays list of weeks,
when a week is selected, the user's status report for the selected week should be displayed.
- user should be able to see other user's status reports as well.

Thanks & Regards
Taggic (Moderator) #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 738 posts · Location: Gilching, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
sounds like simple excel would do it  ;-)

If there is not one already, could someone help developing this plugin?
There is no such plugin known to me and I assume you searched the plugins already. Basically it sounds not very complicated. A ready to use plugin or what help do you expect ?
best regards
Taggic
f-con wiki: http://www.fristercons.de/fcon/
rajasekhar #3
Hi Taggic,

Delighted to see your response.
I don't like to go for excel for two reasons:
- I feel it eats up lot of memory especially when the number of sheets are more and slows down the system.
- I don't want to do the process of attaching the excel and sending the email. I want this process to be automatically done, saves time.

I am looking for a plugin that would be used to update status report for every user weekly/daily(should be configurable), and send notification e-mail to list of users(again configurable). User should come back at any time and be able to see all the history of status reports.

Thanks & Regards.
HansBKK #4
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
I think you will find your requirements expand over time.

I'd advise using an application designed for this (project management) rather than a wiki platform.

I personally like Redmine/ChiliProject.
Taggic (Moderator) #5
I could develop an initial, file-based plugin within a few days. A first draft (without reporting logic) maybe possible earlier.
Just tell me if you want to have such a plugin or if you tend to an (integrated ?) application as Hans proposed.
best regards
Taggic
rajasekhar #6
In reply to post #4
Hi HansBKK,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. But, I would prefer it to be a light-weight, I don't need full project management software.

Hi Taggic,

It would be really great if you could provide a plugin, as that would really help.
I assume its 'free of cost'!

Thanks & Regards
Taggic (Moderator) #7
Hi rajasekhar,

it is nearly without costs as long as it keeps simple. The donation I like is a letter containing the smallest coin you have in your money pocket. That delivers me two things. A stamp and smallest coin from India (?). That would enrich a collection I've not considered for so many years (but why not to continue). Advantage for you is if you don't like the plugin you would not loose much. If you agree on that then please send me an eMail with your mail address and I will replay with my post address.

After your mail I will implement the ongoing plugin development onto the fcon project home where you can see how it develops.

best regards
best regards
Taggic
Taggic (Moderator) #8
In reply to post #6
Are you still interested ? Than you might have a look on:A simple Effort Time Table plugin
That is the beginning of devlopment and will proceed if there is an interest from your side.

It is necessary to create an account to use the demo for two reasons. One is to protect the wiki the other one is that the reporting will use your login name to assign the effort records.
best regards
Taggic
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-24, 06:32:57 (UTC +02:00)