Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
XML syndication questions [SOLVED]
waltergr #1
Member since Jun 2007 · 39 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: XML syndication questions [SOLVED]
I have a few questions about configuring XML syndication:

o  For a wiki with many documents, permitting mode=list seems like a bad idea.  Is there a way to disable that, but permit mode=recent?
o  For recent, a "num" parameter can be given.  Is there a limit to this value?  For example, is it limited to the value of the "recent" setting (as described in the config doc,) or is there no limit?
o  In the Feedcreator section () it says, "Note: Editing from correct timestamp: Not required in the latest release."  What does that mean?  Is there a misprint in that sentence?

Thanks,

Walter

P.S. I'll add the answers into the DokuWiki documentation wiki...
My e-mail address: waltergr@aol.com
This post was edited on 2007-06-08, 14:11 by waltergr.
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by waltergr:
o  For a wiki with many documents, permitting mode=list seems like a bad idea.  Is there a way to disable that, but permit mode=recent?
Short answer, no (not without modifying the source code). However, when in list mode the feed only shows the number of pages you specified in "recent" setting in the configuration (num is ignored).

Quote by waltergr:
o  For recent, a "num" parameter can be given.  Is there a limit to this value?  For example, is it limited to the value of the "recent" setting (as described in the config doc,) or is there no limit?
There`s no limit but if "num" is not provided the value of the "recent" setting is used.

Quote by waltergr:
o  In the Feedcreator section (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:syndication?s=feedcreator) it says, "Note: Editing from correct timestamp: Not required in the latest release."  What does that mean?  Is there a misprint in that sentence?
Uhm, well, you fixed it already.
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
waltergr #3
Member since Jun 2007 · 39 posts
Group memberships: Members
Uhm, well, you fixed it already.

Oh yeah, I figured that one out.  :)

Thanks, added the info to the wiki.
My e-mail address: waltergr@aol.com
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-06-20, 21:29:09 (UTC +02:00)