Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
[SOLVED] Despite deleting all my subscriptions i get email notification
Rebecca #1
Member since Feb 2012 · 23 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [SOLVED] Despite deleting all my subscriptions i get email notification
Hello Everyone!

I have a bugging problem and i hope you can help me with.
I'm new to dokuwiki so please be patient  :-D

Two days ago i subscribed to all page changes with the subscription manager.
I just want do know what's inside the email notification etc.

Yesterday evening deleted my subscription.
BUT i still getting one email for every change i made in my wiki!! That is so nerve-racking!!

Can someone tell me what to do?
I already deleted the browser cache but that's all I got  :-D

Thank you!

Becci
This post was edited on 2012-02-24, 09:48 by Rebecca.
Rebecca #2
Anybody?
I've already received 87 emails today  :'(
HansBKK #3
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
It can take a while for those with a clue to be able to answer, also depending on timezone issues.

It would also most likely be helpful if you posted your server's OS and mailserver details.
Rebecca #4
Quote by HansBKK:
It can take a while for those with a clue to be able to answer, also depending on timezone issues.

It would also most likely be helpful if you posted your server's OS and mailserver details.

I'm sorry HansBKK!  :blush:
I don't want to be pushy but (by now) 107 emails can drive you crazy...

Back to topic:
Do you want what???
Sorry but i have NO idea were i can find you that  :-/
I just looked trough my hosters descriptions but i can't find any of this information...
Do you have a hint were to look it up?

By the way my hoster is tipido.com.
HansBKK #5
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
You can be as pushy as you like, but that doesn't help me know how to help you, I honestly don't know how DW does its email integration stuff, probably sendmail-based as I believe that's used by the other smtp server platforms as well.

What service is running your inbox? Most allow you to setup rules that automatically delete messages matching a pattern (e.g. from a particular sender). Obviously not a solution to the real problem, but might help you keep your cool while you're waiting for someone more knowledgeable to respond.

I also recommend you set up a local server so you can get to know the software you're administering more intimately. Or having a paid support person available on standby if you're going to be doing anything important with it, relying on volunteers online isn't that great a strategy.

That is of course assuming you don't already have a support contract with someone who's supposed to be answering your questions, in which case there's probably a different place where you're supposed to contact them. . .

Sorry I can't help more!
Andreas (Moderator) #6
Member since Dec 2009 · 264 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Cross-Post-Digest from my German answer:
  • Try to re-add the subscriptions again remove it again. If this does not work, try to change the subscription to "digest" to stop the mail flood. (digest = only one mail per day containing all changes).
  • If nothing helps you may try to manually edit the corresponding meta data (.mlist files AFAIK). Have a look at /data/meta/[subscription-page-or-ns].mlist. Delete the file or (if there are other subscriptions) open it and remove your subscription (schema: "user subscription-type timestamp")

edit: corrected list-syntax-error
I'm so electronic I shit bits
This post was edited on 2012-02-23, 17:58 by Andreas.
turnermm (Moderator) #7
Member since Oct 2009 · 2325 posts
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
In reply to post #5
See the following:

http://www.dokuwiki.org/config:subscribers
http://www.dokuwiki.org/subscription

Particularly check out the section of the latter page on .mlist files.  Your problem should end if you delete the .mlist files in data/meta.

I am assuming here you have been the only one to subscribe; otherwise just remove your entries.
Myron Turner
fckgLite (&ckgedit): http://www.mturner.org/fckgLite/
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
This post was edited on 2012-02-23, 17:59 by turnermm.
Rebecca #8
Hi!

First of all:
Thank you all for your help and patience! I really appreciate the help!
And sorry for may late answer...

Unfortunately i can't test your suggestions right away because i have a 150 emails per day contingent with my hoster.
And i already get all 150 mails.

So i have to wait until tomorrow morning to try it out...
I'll keep you posted.

But thank you for your help!
"See" you tomorrow.
Have a nice day/evening  :-)

Becci
Rebecca #9
Good morning!

I have to tell you that nothing worked for me  :'(

At first i tried Andreas advice to re-add the subscription an than delete it again. This doesn't work for me.
So i changed to the "digest" option (digest = only one mail per day containing all changes). But also with no effect! I get a notification for every change made in my wiki!!

Than i tried turnermm/Andreas advice to delete the .mlist file by hand. But i could NOT found such a file neither in the folder /data/meta/ nor in the whole dokuwiki folder!

So then i subscribed email notification (again) and checked for a .mlist file. And then i found it! I opend the file which only contains my user name. But no matter what i did either editing the file or deleting it completly i STILL get the email notification when i change a page  :'(

Is there something else i could do?
Rebecca #10
I am so stupid!

It is my own fault!!
Dokuwiki behaves just the way I defined it!!

When start testing the subscription option i entered my email address in that field (see picture below).
After i removed the address my "problem" is solved...

Nevertheless:
Thank you for your help and patience!

[Image: http://forum.dokuwiki.org/forum.php?req=thread&download=31159&inline=1&key=E16DFFBB]
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-23, 13:23:54 (UTC +02:00)