clearhistory plugin: Configurable long-term rollups
Slight extension for clearhistory
quadra #1
Member since Jul 2012 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: clearhistory plugin: Configurable long-term rollups
Hi there

This plugin is excellent but I miss some flexibility. Instead of merging history entries by the same user within 1 hour, I'd like to keep 1 history entry per month or per year, regardless of who edited it last.
So I can keep a long-term history of my dokuwiki, and still get rid of irrelevant old changes that clutter up my disk. In other words, make my wiki sustainable over long time.

I have partially implemented this. However somebody more experienced may hopefully improve it, and turn it into a new version of the plugin.

The attached version will:
  * roll up ALL ENTRIES (regardless of the author) within ONE YEAR - WARNING! (The description in the admin interface no longer applies!)
  * add a notice to the merged history description text: (rollup 8760h)
  * fix issues no. 1 and 2 (compatibility with pagemove plugin, and with IPv6 addresses; see https://github.com/cosmocode/clearhistory/issues)

Changes to version 2010-01-23 are marked using //MOD:
Line numbers are conserved except in the end (until line 214)

MISSING:
  * Update description of the plugin in the admin interface, for each language
  * Add configuration option to change the time delay ($hourstep is currently hardcoded to 8760 hours for a year)
  * Add configuration option to ignore the author or not (lines 189ff are now simply commented out)
  * Add configuration option to keep all changes since some date (so we could do consecutive rollups with different settings for different time periods)
The author has attached one file to this post:
admin.zip 3.1 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2012-07-13, 14:19 by quadra.
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3330 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Please, clone the repository at github and do your changes on this clone. That way it's much easier to see what you did and how it can be improved and/or integrated into the original plugin.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
quadra #3
Member since Jul 2012 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thank you andi. I will try, as soon as I have some spare time for it. I'm new to github so I'll need to learn the basics first
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-09-23, 14:46:14 (UTC +02:00)