Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
Possible JavaScript issue with plugins
tybeck #1
Member since Feb 2012 · 6 posts · Location: San Francisco, CA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Possible JavaScript issue with plugins
I seem to be having a general JavaScript issue with my installation (2013-05-10 "Weatherwax"). I've trying to use the todo plugin for a task management application and the boxes will not stay checked off. The plugin is not updating the code (with a # in the tag as it is supposed to), but is only checking off and striking out when viewing the text. I tried two other plugins that also use javascript, sorttablejs, and searchtablejs and they don't seem to work either. In previous installations all of these have worked. I have Javascript enabled in my browser (Safari, have also tried in Chrome) and have the ~~NOCACHE~~ tag on the page in question.  All plugin have been updated to the latest version.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any solution?  Ideas?
lupo49 (Moderator) #2
Member since Jul 2009 · 1399 posts · Location: Warstein, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Are there any JS errors in your Browsers console?
turnermm (Moderator) #3
Member since Oct 2009 · 4724 posts · Location: Canada
There is an upgrade to sortablejs.  The old version is 2.5, the weatherwax 2.6.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
tybeck #4
Thanks for the feed back. I didn't think to check the browser console.

For the todo entry when I try to check or uncheck a box I get the following in Chrome:
Uncaught ReferenceError: addInitEvent is not defined js.php?tseed=1376720394:2

Tablesearchjs gives the following:
Uncaught ReferenceError: searchtable is not defined doku.php?id=tasks-sandbox:todo-test2:10

Updating Tablesearchjs does not fix the issue. Same for Todo.  Seems like this should be a browser issue? I've check it in Safari, Chrome, and Firebox on MacOS X, all with the same results. I'll check it on windows later today.
ach (Administrator) #5
Member since May 2006 · 1946 posts · Location: Folkestone, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by tybeck:
Updating Tablesearchjs does not fix the issue. Same for Todo.

How did you update? In some cases just hitting the "update" button in the plugin manager is not enough. In case a plugin has changed its download URL since you last installed or updated it, you would need to reinstall it.

Best check the date each of those plugins show when you hit the "info" button and compare with the "Last updated on" date on the plugin's page on dokuwiki.org to be sure if your plugins are up-to-date. (Although some plugins are known to report a wrong date there as well, unfortunately.)
tybeck #6
You were right about the update. A manual update of todo fixed the issue. Not so with sortable or searchtable. For now having todo working is enough for me, but others might need sortable and searchtable.
turnermm (Moderator) #7
Member since Oct 2009 · 4724 posts · Location: Canada
Are you sure about sortablejs?  I use the current update for weather wax:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/oiv/pubtest/sortablejs.zip
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
filips #8
Member since Feb 2011 · 8 posts
I have the same problem with sortablejs - it doesn't work after update. On the error console I get

ReferenceError: addInitEvent is not defined
...lib/exe/js.php?tseed=...

This is on firefox and chrome. DokuWiki release 2013-05-10a "Weatherwax". Sortablejs is up to date (updated manually as mentioned above). Any chances to workaround of this problem?
oiv #9
Member since Mar 2008 · 1 post · Location: Orimattila, Finland
Can you set the css & js compress option to off and check if the error you get is from sortablejs or some other plugin. This error should have been fixed already in sortablejs

Otto
filips #10
Member since Feb 2011 · 8 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to identify another plugins which caused the errors. In my case updating include, indexmenu and sortablejs to the newest versions made sortablejs to work again.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-18, 19:08:14 (UTC +01:00)