Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Is my site currently being indexed by search engines?
MyUsername4560 #1
Member since Apr 2017 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Is my site currently being indexed by search engines?
Hello,

I've recently installed DokuWiki and have added content to my site, I checked the source code and noticed this line of code

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

I thought that you wanted "NoIndex, NoFollow" when you didn't want your site to be found by Google or other crawlers.  So my question is (1) Is my site currently not being indexed by search engines, and if so (2) where do you control this?

I looked in the Admin Configure settings but didn't see anything that was clear.  I did in in the Anti Spam section there was some nofollow set there so I didn't want to touch it.  My goal is to have my site indexed though and found on search engines.  Any help in this area would be appreciated.

Regards,
Matt
FosseWay #2
Member since May 2016 · 118 posts · Location: Canada
This older thread looks relevant:

Quote by raulih:
I have a problem that main page and other basedir level pages prevent indexing in search engines. Their HTML source code has this line:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />

I think andi points towards some useful info in his response to that thread. Unfortunately, those links don't seem to be working any more, so I hunted around on dokuwiki.org itself to find where they might have moved to. Try these instead:

Look forward to hearing whether are those are helpful to you.
MyUsername4560 #3
Member since Apr 2017 · 2 posts
Hey FosseWay,

That makes sense.  Much appreciated.

Regards,
Matt
FosseWay #4
Member since May 2016 · 118 posts · Location: Canada
Glad to hear it. Hope it's all working the way you want.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 22:18:54 (UTC +02:00)