Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  next 

All posts by hArpanet (17)

topic: Override searchpage.txt (Is it possible?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
hArpanet #1
Member since Feb 2013 · 17 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Thanks Ach, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately there's a bug in DokuWiki that prevents the override from working. I've submitted a pull request to fix it, so the overrides will work as documented.
topic: Override searchpage.txt (Is it possible?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
hArpanet #2
Subject: Override searchpage.txt
I'd like to change the text (page) that is displayed when a search is performed. The text currently displayed is from: \inc\lang\en\searchpage.txt

Is there an override option available for these 'core' files (such as .local overrides for config files noted at https://www.dokuwiki.org/config#configuration_files) or do I have to edit the original searchpage.txt?

I have tried placing searchpage.local.txt at \inc\lang\en to no avail.

I have tried placing searchpage.txt and searchpage.local.txt at \lib\tpl\[my_template]\lang\en to no avail.

I have tried placing searchpage.txt and searchpage.local.txt at \lib\tpl\[my_template]\inc\lang\en to no avail.

Now I've run out of options!

Ta,
Dave
topic: Internet Explorer (IE) specific CSS  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
hArpanet #3
In reply to post ID 40137
Thanks all, I've updated the css devel page (https://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:css) with your recommendations.
topic: Internet Explorer (IE) specific CSS  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
hArpanet #4
Subject: Internet Explorer (IE) specific CSS
Could some kind person please point me in the direction of instructions about creating browser specific CSS styles in templates?

In particular I want some IE specific settings.

I can see existing .css files have entries like #IE7 but what if I want to apply a style to all versions of IE not just 7?

Cheers.
topic: Blogtng <blog related> syntax question (how to show all entries with a given tag?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hArpanet #5
In reply to post ID 38531
Oliver,

As with other blog blocks, the <blog related> block allows you to set the limit to the number of entries to show...

<blog related>
  blog  default
  tags  default
  limit   9999
</blog>

I'll update the wiki page as it doesn't mention this at the moment.
topic: No plugin icons in toolbar (Did I miss something I have to do for viewing plugin icons in toolbar?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hArpanet #6
In reply to post ID 40068
kykov, it could be...

a cache problem - maybe your browser or QuickPHP is cacheing the edit page. I know I had trouble getting other buttons to appear, but I can't remember what I tried to get them to show, but it was probably clearing my cache.

a clash between one of those plugins (I don't use any of them unfortunately, so can't confirm). I recommend that you disable (or uninstall) them, then re-enable (install) them one at a time and test your wiki to see if it works.
topic: $_REQUEST cleaning?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hArpanet #7
In reply to post ID 40091
Got it, thanks andi.
hArpanet #8
In reply to post ID 40084
Excellent, that's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the link - where would I find that information in the dev manual?  Even with a link to the page I can't find out where it's buried!  8-(
topic: toggle view with jquery (for collaborative writing, an orgmode-like plan organize)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
hArpanet #9
In reply to post ID 39905
I use the Wrap plugin for this. https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:wrap
hArpanet #10
Subject: $_REQUEST cleaning?
Does DokuWiki perform any automatic cleaning of the $_REQUEST values that is pulls from $_GET and $_POST?

If not, are there any methods for performing cleaning of user-submitted data available for use within plugins?

I am already aware of hsc().

Thanks.
topic: dokuwiki very slow in comparison with forum  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
hArpanet #11
In reply to post ID 38686
@K-Ray, is the content you are loading on the page *very large* with lots of markup?

Can you post the content here so I can test on my install?

However, even from the timings you have shown, it suggests the delay may be with your server/webhost where you're running DW (I'm not familiar with sheevaplug). Are you able to check the access and error logs to see what is being reported?
topic: Awesome  in the forum: Community User Introductions
hArpanet #12
Subject: Awesome
Hi folks,

I don't normally do this user intro stuff, but I feel the need to say that DokuWiki is fantastic, and I love wiki's because of it (I'd ignored wiki's before I tested DW). I'm very excited about the flexibility DW gives me.

I am now in the process of converting my entire Joomla website over to DokuWiki and I hope to go live with it very soon.

So a BIG thank you to the developers of this great system, long may it prosper.

Dave
This post was edited on 2013-05-19, 20:58 by hArpanet.
topic: WeatherWax safefnrecode plugin (can I safely delete it?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
hArpanet #13
In reply to post ID 38646
Great, thanks for the help. I'll remove it from my install.
topic: WeatherWax safefnrecode plugin (can I safely delete it?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
hArpanet #14
Subject: WeatherWax safefnrecode plugin
As the description for this plugin is: This plugin is distributed with DokuWiki release “Rincewind” to convert filename encoding done in previous version “Anteater”.

Can I assume that, as I've started using DW at version WeatherWax, that I can ditch this plugin without any adverse affect?

Dave
topic: dokuwiki very slow in comparison with forum  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
hArpanet #15
In reply to post ID 38486
I can't be of specific use to you K-Ray as I'm a new user myself, but the only time I've found DW slow is after I've deleted all the media content and cache, which DW then takes time to rebuild for each page as I visit it. Not really a problem as it only happens once.

To answer your first question, yes, DW is working entirely with text files. There is no database involved unless a plugin you have installed requires one. This is definitely a strength of DW.

How 'standard' is your DW install?  (What plugins have you added; are there and code modifications you've made)

For the topics you have converted, have you switched on 'Enable HTML' or 'Enable PHP' in the Admin settings, and if so are the topics doing anything time intensive?

Do you have 'nice URLs' enabled and have you created a .htaccess file to  handle them?

As you're running an intranet, you could/should disable the DNS lookup feature in Admin->Configuration Manager->Network Settings.

If you are capable of editing the source code (make a copy of doku.php first so you can recover if you have a problem), then you could place some timing info into doku.php...

Place this in the line directly after //  xdebug_start_profiling();  (should be line 15) ...
   $mtime = microtime();
   $mtime = explode(" ",$mtime);
   $mtime = $mtime[1] + $mtime[0];
   $starttime = $mtime;

Then place this at the end of the file, directly after //  xdebug_dump_function_profile(1); ...
   $mtime = microtime();
   $mtime = explode(" ",$mtime);
   $mtime = $mtime[1] + $mtime[0];
   $endtime = $mtime;
   $totaltime = ($endtime - $starttime);
   echo "<div style='text-align:center;'>This page was created in ".$totaltime." seconds</div>";

That will tell you how long each page is taking DokuWiki to create. On a PHP server, mine typically shows: This page was created in 0.0536398887634 seconds
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 13:37:23 (UTC +02:00)