Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by crysman (11)

topic: CAPTCHA for the login form  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
crysman #1
Member since May 2013 · 11 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by turnermm:
I probably should.  I thought that I would at least wait till you tried it out.

Understand. It seems working perfectly (it checks CAPTCHA prior to password), I suggest including it in the official repositories. I believe I am not the only one who benefits (might benefit) from this plugin! Thanks again.
topic: CAPTCHA for the login form  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
crysman #2
In reply to post ID 46553
Quote by turnermm on 2014-12-26, 13:11:
Try this:
https://github.com/turnermm/captcha-login-for-Dokuwiki/arc…

That is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you! Will it be added to the official dokuwiki plugin repositories? I could not find it there today...
crysman #3
In reply to post ID 46535
Why?

Because of security reasons. Not using CAPTCHA in login forms means vulnerability to bruteforce password cracking/guessing.
topic: wrong hyperlink? (forgotten password)  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
crysman #4
In reply to post ID 46532
Quote by ach:
You should report that in the forum's bug tracker: http://newsboard.unclassified.de/bugs

OK, done:
http://newsboard.unclassified.de/forum/thread/1864

Thanks for your involvement and contributions.
crysman #5
In reply to post ID 46525
I have gd library installed and it works.

But not for login. Registration is not login. I need CAPTCHA for the login page, not registration...
topic: wrong hyperlink? (forgotten password)  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
crysman #6
In reply to post ID 46526
What do you mean by "does not work?" ? There is nothing to "work" in that page, it is only information on some another domain (thus it seems as an error - why should a password recovery lead to another domain?! I've never seen that before and I consider it highly suspicious and non-standard).

The question remains: why are the links different? They should be the same. Moreover, only the second ("Request new password") seems to be the correct one, because it stays on the same domain.

Proposed solution: "Lost password" opens a page with a form containing input for e-mail and submit button. (This is a standard, common solution)

I do not want to argue with you, @ach, I will wait for somebody else to reply with his/her opinion on this.
crysman #7
In reply to post ID 46521
I believe it is not, because if you try to login intentionally with a wrong password, it offers you:
Login failed: Wrong password. Request new password
Which leads to: https://forum.dokuwiki.org/forum;mkpass=<somevalue>;key=<somekey>
crysman #8
Subject: CAPTCHA for the login form
I've installed the CAPTCHA plugin (https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:captcha) but it does not allow me to enable CAPTCHA in the login form page. How could I achieve that, please? I do not want to let network bots bruteforce-trying login credentials...
Thanks
crysman #9
Subject: wrong hyperlink? (forgotten password)
Near login form, there is "forgtten password" or similar. It leads to:
http://newsboard.unclassified.de/docs/usage/register#forgo…

I believe this is incorrect.
topic: Including sub-headings on edit (not only heading+text, but heading+it's subheadings+texts)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
crysman #10
In reply to post ID 38737
Subject: nobody interrested?
I am just wondering if it's true that nobody is interrested in this issue (?) Is it because you do not understand what I mean, or you are just realy not interrested?

I consider this issue quite a pain in the a** ... I am not willing to be forced to edit the whole page whenever I want to add just a sub chapter... This is not only ilogical, but also time consuming (need to scroll down all the time...)

#McZ
topic: Including sub-headings on edit (not only heading+text, but heading+it's subheadings+texts)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
crysman #11
Subject: Including sub-headings on edit
Hello,
is it possible somehow (or is there a plugin?) to achieve the same functionality as on normal Wiki (wikipedia.org), where on editing a section also sub-sections are being edited in the edit textarea?

An example: There is a page with sections (headings) like this:
1) Main heading [edit]
  1a) subheading of main [edit]
    1aI) even more nested subheading [edit]
    1aII) even more nested subheading2 [edit]
  1b) subheading2 of main [edit]
2) Another heading [edit]
  2a) subheading of another [edit]

When I click on "edit" by the "subheading of main" in classic Wikipedia, there are also both "even more nested..." subheadings and it's texts included.

On DokuWiki, there is just the "subheading of main" section opened to be edited... That is not very practical for adding a new sub-section for example.

I am using
DokuWiki Release 2012-10-13 "Adora Belle

Thanks
#cry
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-19, 23:14:13 (UTC +02:00)