Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  next 

All posts by waltergr (39)

topic: update_check clarification and hiding e-mail addresses?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
waltergr #1
Member since Jun 2007 · 39 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hmm, why don't you grep the sources?

I'd be happy to.  What do I grep for?
My e-mail address: waltergr@aol.com
topic: A couple questions about locking [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
waltergr #2
In reply to post ID 3146
Thanks!

Walter
topic: Configuration of some media options possible? [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
waltergr #3
In reply to post ID 3144
Great, thanks.
topic: A few questions about files created during DokuWiki runtime  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
waltergr #4
Subject: A few questions about files created during DokuWiki runtime
o  In  it says that the default changelog name is changes.log.  I see a _dokuwiki.changes file, but not a changes.log.  Has the default name changed?

o   says

The default system path is:
DokuWiki_installation_path plus data/attic plus (optionaly) full_namespace_path plus timestamped_page_name.

Are the namespace path and timestamped page name optional?  I didn't see a way to configure that.

o  The automatic cleanup script in the maintenance page deletes stale lock files.  Are there any consequences of stale lock files?  Do lock files become stale because someone got a lock and then left the page without canceling or saving changes?

o  I'd like to make it so that namespace templates apply to all subdirectories, unless "overridden" by another template.  Is the code shown here:  still accurate for the most recent RC?

o  When I edit the txt files for wiki pages directly, DokuWiki seems to create the proper files in the attic and proper entries in the changelogs.  (Cool!)  Are there reasons not to edit the txt files directly, other than that someone might have a lock on it?

o  What purpose(s) do the ./meta/<pagename>.indexed files serve?  (I'm assuming they just mean that the file appears in the index...)  Can one delete them to force the index to be updated?

Thanks,

Walter
topic: A few UI questions (buttons, scroll position, POST data, and signatures)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
waltergr #5
Subject: A few UI questions (buttons, scroll position, POST data, and signatures)
o  All of the buttons in the DokuWiki UI (Edit this page, Old revisions, etc.) are actual HTML buttons.  I'm curious why this is, because you can't do things like open the Recent changes in a new window…

o  I get a ton of warnings when using the browser's back button about expired POST data.  And I'd like to make Firefox remember the scroll position of the previous page.  Both the http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:preventing-postdata-h… and http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:scrollposition pages say the solution is to emit the header "Cache-control: private", but approach the solution in different ways.  Which is the preferable one?

o  How are user signatures entered, e.g. at the bottom of http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:config ?

Thanks,

Walter
topic: update_check clarification and hiding e-mail addresses?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
waltergr #6
Subject: update_check clarification and hiding e-mail addresses?
o  The update_check page () says

Message are displayed to superusers only when the ACL is enabled, else all users can see the message.

Does this mean

"If ACL is enabled, messages are displayed only to superusers.  If ACL is disabled, no messages are displayed."

or

"If ACL is enabled, messages are displayed only to superusers.  If ACL is disabled, messages are displayed to all users."

o  I'd like to configure DokuWiki so that no user's e-mail addresses are shown.  Are they shown anywhere aside from places where the "signature" setting is used?

Also, wiki:changelog () refers to a "recent_days" setting which doesn't appear in wiki:config ()...

Thanks,

Walter
topic: A couple questions about locking [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
waltergr #7
Subject: A couple questions about locking [SOLVED]
From

Some pages may be locked... These pages have no edit button, but will instead show a button labeled "Show pagesource".

Is that correct?  I think I recall being able to click Edit on a locked page, and it took me to another page showing who it was locked by and how much time was remaining on the lock.

Also, I haven't been able to test locking on my local install by using 2 different browsers (e.g. FireFox and IE.)  Does DokuWiki think both sessions are the same user?  (Perhaps because the IP is the same?)  I don't have ACLs enabled.

Thanks,

Walter
This post was edited on 2007-06-09, 21:25 by waltergr.
topic: Configuration of some media options possible? [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
waltergr #8
Subject: Configuration of some media options possible? [SOLVED]
o  The syntax page says that gif, jpeg, and png files get embedded as images.  Where in the code/configuration is this specified?

o  Is it possible to disable image resizing?

o  Old images/files don't seem to end up in the attic.  (Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place...)  Is there a way to enable this?

o  Can uploaded files be deleted directly from the filesystem, or is there an index that would also need to be updated?

Thanks,

Walter
This post was edited on 2007-06-09, 21:22 by waltergr.
topic: Server load for creating search index? [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
waltergr #9
In reply to post ID 3116
Huh? Running cron instead of circumventing the the cron nonavailability?

Not cron nonavailability - policies about running cron jobs.  For example, cron jobs may be run at most once an hour, the job must be "niced", the nice value must be 10 or greater.  My hosting company's policies are available at . 

I can't find the page that said kicking off cron-like actions when a user accesses a web page is a violation of the policy.  It may have been another hosting company's policies I was reading.
This post was edited on 2007-06-09, 13:52 by waltergr.
topic: Why are images routed through fetch.php even when fetchsize is 0?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
waltergr #10
Subject: Why are images routed through fetch.php even when fetchsize is 0?
Why are external images embedded in wiki pages routed through fetch.php when fetchsize=0?

Is there any way to have the img src go directly to the external image?

Thanks,

Walter
topic: DokuWiki's wiki not showing all recent changes?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
waltergr #11
In reply to post ID 3087
Where in the code would I look to change it so Recent Changes shows all recent changes, rather than just the last change per page?

Thanks,

Walter
topic: Several configuration questions [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
waltergr #12
In reply to post ID 3108
Awesome, thanks!
topic: Several configuration questions [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
waltergr #13
In reply to post ID 3106
Well, I don`t see what disagrees, can you be a little more specific.

Oh, actually I think the problem is a typo in the Config page.

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:config#deaccent

When this is set to 1, accented chars in page names will be replaced by their unaccented ASCII equivalents. Eg. ü becomes ue or á becomes a. When set 2, romanization of pagenames is turned on: symbols from non-latin alphabets are replaced with close ASCII equivalents.

Default: 1

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:romanization?s=romanization

DokuWiki does romanization by default for section ids only. If you want to use it for pagenames as well set the deaccent option to 2.

In Config, is it supposed to read

When this is set to 1, accented chars in section IDs
waltergr #14
In reply to post ID 3104
Go ahead, after all it`s a wiki  :-).

Ok!  One last thing from the initial post on this thread:

"deaccent" - the description in the Config page and in the Romanization page disagree.

Also, while I'm here :)... information about server file & directory permissions is spread between the Security and Permissions pages.  (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:security and http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:install:permissions)  How do you feel about me refactoring those pages?  (So far my edits have been small... just want to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. :) )
waltergr #15
In reply to post ID 3102
Maybe this piece if information doesn`t necessarily need to be added to the passcrypt option?

I agree that the config page shouldn't get cluttered... but I think when and how salts are applied should be described somewhere.  How do you feel about me adding a "salt" page with info about the "plain" auth backend, and adding FIXME for the others?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:36:22 (UTC +01:00)