Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by soundsfromsound (7)

topic: Question about configuring search  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
soundsfromsound #1
Member since Aug 2013 · 7 posts · Location: Boston, MA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Thank you, I'll check it out!
I wear many hats. As you'd expect, this causes me to have “hat hair” quite often.
topic: Question about configuring search  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
soundsfromsound #2
Subject: Question about configuring search
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to limit the search to only content on certain pages. I don't want to change the default "search" box that is found on the top of every page in my wiki, rather I would like to have a different type of search option on just a few certain pages only.

I have a page on my wiki that is full of useful information/comments and I'd like to be able to have a search box/configuration that is limited to only searching for content on that particular page.

Is this possible with DokuWiki?

Thank you,
Ben
I wear many hats. As you'd expect, this causes me to have “hat hair” quite often.
topic: Updating DokuWiki  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
soundsfromsound #3
In reply to post ID 40053
Thank you, turnermm!

I'll add a custom CSS file and link it, that should be enough for what I need at this time.
I am using one of the included pre-installed templates (default) currently.

Have a great weekend,

Ben
topic: Updating DokuWiki  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
soundsfromsound #4
Subject: Updating DokuWiki
Hello,

I recently migrated my wiki to DokuWiki and I am loving it so far. So clean, easy to use, but very powerful; thank you so much for working on this project and sharing it with us.

One question though, please.

What files get updated when future version of DokuWiki are released? What files will get overwritten and cause me to lose my custom changes?

I'm familiar with WordPress and child themes but I didn't know if I had to do something similar with DokuWiki. I didn't want to do all these edits and CSS/customization only to find out I'd lose them in a future update anyway.

Can you tell me what the best way is to go about customizing my DokuWiki without having to worry about issues with future updates overwriting my changes?

Thanks!

Ben
topic: Dokuwiki getting left behind?  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
soundsfromsound #5
In reply to post ID 39962
Thank you so much! Do you have a favorite one?
topic: Dokuwiki getting left behind?  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
soundsfromsound #6
In reply to post ID 39824
Hello,

What DokuWiki WYSIWYG editors have you tried?
I'm a new user and was curious if you could recommend any certain approach for edits.

Thank you!

-Ben
topic: New DokuWiki user, just joined  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
soundsfromsound #7
Subject: New DokuWiki user, just joined
Hello,

I just registered with the forum here and wanted to leave a quick message for everyone who has contributed to the DokuWiki project:
thank you so much!

I've recently switched to DokuWiki and I seriously could not believe how easy the install was, how simple and clear the admin/config process was, but also how powerful it can be with tons of customizing options. Then, there are plugins...

I'm so happy, no more headaches!
I just figured I'd say hello here and share my initial thoughts with you all.

-Ben
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-22, 02:38:19 (UTC +02:00)