Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 

All posts by PDD (77)

topic: IndexMenu2 (Does anyone have this working?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
PDD #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 77 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi Martin,

I have setup a fresh Wiki with the most recent version of DokuWiki. I have installed IndexMenu2 plugin, the remotescript plugin and set an example of how the navigation mode for IndexMenu2 is not working in the page named sidebar. I have also removed javascript and CSS compression in the configuration settings. You can view this here:

http://dwtest.davidium.net/doku.php?id=start

I have set admin account usr/pwd to 'admin'. This test Wiki is running on the same shared host as the other Wiki's I am having trouble using IndexMenu2 with and it is behaving in exactly the same way on the Test Wiki.

Regards,

Dave
This post was edited on 2009-07-13, 01:44 by PDD.
topic: IndexMenu2 (Does anyone have this working?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
PDD #2
In reply to post ID 13587
@-Martin-: Not sure if we are on the same page here, I am looking for information regarding the IndexMenu2 plugin not the IndexMenu plugin.

I want to use IndexMenu2 for the generation of a hierarchical tree menu to be used for navigating the site with certain namespaces and pages omitted etc. For example look at the syntax used for IndexMenu2 is just nested bulletpoints and Tada a tree menu with all the links I specify in the order I want and nothing else. Where as with IndexMenu it will include everything in a namespace and then I will have to specify its order or pages to be hidden etc so I dont think its suitable purely from that perspective.

I know that IndexMenu2 is based on IndexMenu but as I mentioned above the work involved in configuring IndexMenu for what I want far outweighs any of its benefits (changing themes etc).

Also there is no mention of javascript compression settings on the link you have added for IndexMenu and not IndexMenu2.

Regards,

Dave
PDD #3
In reply to post ID 13580
Hi Martin,

Cheers for the feedback :-) I do not have lightbox2 or the other conflicting plugins (indexmenu & yalist) are not installed. Im not sure how to 'deactivate the JavaScript compression' or in which context.

I have had a look at indexmenu but its not a good match for what I need which is an easily edited hierarchical tree menu for navigation that is independent of pagename spaces.

I know this is not what IndexMenu is intended for but using Indexmenu to try and achieve this is my last option otherwise I may have to scrap using DokuWiki altogehter as it will be a no-go without a editable hierarchical navigation menu (there will be just too much information on it for you to navigate with anyting other than a tree menu). I also looked at using the folded plugin to try and reduce the amount of links but it freaks out with nested folded sections.

I know that meta-data can be used to re-order the menu generated by IndexMenu and pages & namespaces can be excluded but to be honest I have found the documentation about these features to be limited and thus confusing especially without reference to a solid example of the syntax used in achieving this functionality on the playground page. So any suggestions on how to get around this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave
PDD #4
Subject: IndexMenu2
HI Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has IndexMenu2 working with the latest version of DokuWiki? I have tried setting it up but it will not render correctly.

I tried contacting the author of the plugin but the email bounced as the address didn't exist, is this Plugin currently in active development or is it being supported?

Regards,

Dave
topic: DokuWiki on a Stick (Looking for DokuWiki on a Stick)  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
PDD #5
Subject: DokuWiki on a Stick
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here had managed to get a portable DokuWiki on a Stick version working correctly with FCKW Editor?

Regards,

Dave
topic: DokuWiki will not render correctly  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
PDD #6
Subject: DokuWiki will not render correctly
Hi Guys,

I just installed the latest version of DokuWiki and it did not render correctly. I mean that it seems no CSS has been parsed at all, there is no color or placement etc. I've seen this once or twice before and thought a referesh would fix it but no joy, I cleared the cache using ?purge=true but that gave me an error about a page:

This topic does not exist yet

You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet. If permissions allow, you may create it by using the Create this page button.

Im completely lost here as Ive never seen this behaviour before and it doesnt make sense that it is interpreting the command to clear the cache as a file. Any ideas?

Dave
topic: Wikiwyg (Has anyone used this?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
PDD #7
In reply to post ID 8543
I noticed that FCK Editor is available as a plugin but the biggest issue seems to be that once you've edited with it there is no way to going back to standard DokuWiki syntax so your stuck with any pages that you used the editor on.
topic: Wikiwyg (Has anyone used this?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
PDD #8
In reply to post ID 8542
Yep I noticed that, its a bit of a shame as it looked really good and could even be backed out easily.
PDD #9
Subject: Wikiwyg
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully integrated Wikiwyg into Dokuwiki?

Regards,

Dave
topic: WYSIWYG (Feedback from forum users on the experience in using a WYSIWYG editor with DokuWiki)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
PDD #10
Subject: WYSIWYG
Hi Folks,

Ive been asked about putting a WYSIWG editor in my Wiki and from the reserach I've done FCK editor is available but with some draw backs such as not being compatible with several other plugins and that using this plugin would mean that any pages created with them are essientially then tied to that Wiki.

Has anyone one used an alternative WYSIWYG editor on their own wiki that they would recommend/suggest using. The easier to setup the better and ideally would not lock the content to that wiki or has a script that alows me to extract the content to transplant to another wiki.

Regards,

Dave
topic: [SOLVED] Problem with installation  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PDD #11
In reply to post ID 349
A complete re-install solved this one, no idea what the error was though.
topic: Transplanting Wiki (How to go about transplanting a DokuWiki)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PDD #12
In reply to post ID 6540
Hi Guys,

It seems that it doesnt work at all, still getting messages and its been more than a few days. Is there any way I can force it to update?

Dave
topic: Backup Plugin Feedback (Trying to garner some feedback on the Backup Plugin)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
PDD #13
Subject: Backup Plugin Feedback
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here has the Backup Plugin installed and if it works for them? Ive tried it on three versions of Dokuwiki now (including the latest) and thus far it has never worked for me. I am curious as to how widely used the plugin is.

Regards,

Dave
topic: Transplanting Wiki (How to go about transplanting a DokuWiki)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PDD #14
In reply to post ID 6539
Hi Chi,

Cheers for that much appreciated :-) I skipped over that page of the upgrade page as it was in French. I deleted the message file but still those messages persist. I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow to see if its resolved.

Regards,

Dave
PDD #15
In reply to post ID 6343
Update:

Hi Folks, just to let u know how Im getting on. I tried copying over just the data directory from the old wiki to the new one but for some bizare reason I am getting the following errors dispite it being the most up to date version of DokuWiki:

New release candidate available: 2008-04-11. upgrade now! [12]
New release candidate available: 2008-03-31. upgrade now! [11]
An XSS vulnerability was discovered, read the bug report for manual fixing or upgrading [10]
New release available: 2007-06-26. upgrade now! [9]
New release candidate available: 2007-05-24. upgrade now! [8]

I've also tried the backup tool with 3 different versions of DokuWiki including the latest but no joy just lots of PHP errors and the page for the plugin doesnt have alot of troubleshooting advice.

Dave
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-08, 04:39:59 (UTC +01:00)