Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by JeremyBYU (2)

topic: User Management with AD Plugin (authorisation method does not provide for user counts)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
JeremyBYU #1
Member since Oct 2013 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: User Management with AD Plugin
Hey eveyrone,
   I'm brand new to doku wiki, but I have come really far.  I got it all pretty much set up and running and have it connected to my domain.  I used the AD plugin, not the LDAP (i tried to but failed with LDAP). I can authenticate with the domain and have assigned AD groups to super user.  YAY

BUT! I can not use the user management.  It says "authorisation method does not provide for user counts".  I was hoping that I could see the user and be able to assign them in ACL and to other groups that I might make.

Also, can you make DOKU wiki groups (not in AD) and assign AD users to those groups. Then use those groups for ACL? 

Thanks for you help guys!
Jeremy
topic: ldap auth group support with groupOfNames  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
JeremyBYU #2
Member since Oct 2013 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In reply to post ID 40482
I seriously dont know if this will help, but I'll give it a shot.

I tried forever to get LDAP to work but i never really could. So I ended up using the AD plugin.  I got authentication to work, but I couldnt get all my groups to work.  The basic built in groups worked like Domain Admin, but the ones that I made did not work.  Then I realized the groups that I had were a different security group type.  Mine were Security Group - Global, and theirs were Security Group- Domain Local.  When I made groups that were of that type, it all started working.  So I would check to see if other groups, like Domain Admin work.

The only problem I have now when I try to open user manager it says "authorisation method does not provide user counts".
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-16, 06:49:29 (UTC +02:00)