Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by bootsmaat (2)

topic: Edit the text of the "Access Denied" Page (How to customize the message a user gets when he tries to view a closed wiki)  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
bootsmaat #1
Member since May 2014 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by Michitux:
You can change that file by copying it into a subdirectory of the conf directory, have a look at the documentation for more detailed instructions.

Thank you! Works perfectly.
topic: Edit the text of the "Access Denied" Page (How to customize the message a user gets when he tries to view a closed wiki)  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
bootsmaat #2
Member since May 2014 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Edit the text of the "Access Denied" Page
Hello!

My wiki can only be viewed by registered users. When a user is not logged in, she is presented with a page that says something along the lines of "You cannot view this page, please log in to get access." I would like to customize this message and specifically tell people how to contact the admin so they can get access to the wiki.

How can I change this message?

When googling for a solution, people recommend the showlogin plugin (https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:showlogin). But in the newest release Dokuwiki has the functionality to show the login form without a plugin (see https://www.dokuwiki.org/changes) and I would like to use the core functionality as much as possible. I only want to modify the message displayed above the login form.

I thought about modifying the language files (e.g. /inc/lang/de-informal/denied.txt) but this seems like a bad approach. When the language files are updated, the customization will be lost.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-14, 09:24:44 (UTC +01:00)