Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  next 

All posts by jroeterd (16)

topic: What crypt plugin to use ?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
jroeterd #1
Member since Aug 2006 · 16 posts · Location: The Netherlands
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hello Digitalin,

Thanks for your information. I was also testing encryptedPassword as it was the most up to date plugin I could find. Seem to do the job correctly indeed. I will do some more testing.

Regards,
JeRoen
topic: What crypt plugin to use ?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
jroeterd #2
Subject: What crypt plugin to use ?
Hello,

I am running Dokuwiki on localhost for personal notetaking. Some of these notes are more or less private information and sometimes contains passwords or links. Although not connected to the internet (not directly anyway) I would like to encrypt some information in my wiki.

Searching for encrypt I see several plugins:

- https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:dokucrypt2
 - https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:encryptedpasswords
 - https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:crypto

The last one is last updated in 2010 so I think that is out of the question.

The second one is updated recently but I am unsure if it is the right one for longer pieces of text.

The first one seems like the right one for me but as I have limited experience in encryption and a updated library/plugin seems important for something like encryption I am unsure.

Is there anybody with some experience in this subject and willing to give me some advice on the plugin to use?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to do so.

Regards,
JeRoen
topic: Happy DokuWiki Birthday ... :-)  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
jroeterd #3
Subject: Happy DokuWiki Birthday ... :-)
https://www.dokuwiki.org/calendar
topic: list pages in namespace with image  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
jroeterd #4
Subject: list pages in namespace with image
Hello,

I am looking for a solution for the following.
My father in law is buying and selling antique jewelery and although he is very unknown with computers he would like to have a site where people can see the current available objects to sell.

I thought about creating a dokuwiki site for him. In my ideal world he could then add pages in a namespace for each item with a few photo's and some detail information and then a 'catalog' page would be created automatically with a listing of all pagenames with one photo. This can all be realized by using the pagequery plugin except for the photo.

Is there an option to realize this concept. An automatically generated page listing all pagenames in a namespace with before or after the pagename a photo (taken from the pages, the first one for example). Any other way to realize such a feature ... ?

Jar
topic: Template focussing on relationships  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
jroeterd #5
Subject: Template focussing on relationships
Hello,

Does somebody know of a template that focuses on relationships between pages. I am using dokuwiki as a personal knowledge base. I have all my projects, people, snippets of information, links to webpages, local files and network files in it.

I am looking for a template that focuses less on displaying the content of a page but more on the links to and from this page. For example the backlinks on top and the links used in the page at the bottom of the screen. Mayby grouped on namespace or some other metadata.

This way it is more clear what the relationships on the current page are. Backlinks are kind of parent-pages and the links on the page are the child-pages. All relatively of the current page.

This idea came to me while using PersonalBrain software. If is in excellent in making relationships visible but the notes tool is not so good and storing everything in attachments (office files) is not what I want/need. See the images on http://www.thebrain.com/products/personalbrain/know-more-m… to see how it is visualizing the relationships between "thoughts" as they call it. 

In my mind the relations in dokuwiki are there and the potential to present them in a different way, focused on relationships instead of content is also there. Combinations with tagging could also be nice.

Recently I have begun to learn some PHP (very much beginners level) and I am nowhere close of doing this myself.

Anybody interested?

Kind regards,
Jeroen
topic: need wiki with automatic linking  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
jroeterd #6
In reply to post ID 25033
Or take a look at autohotkey ...

With hotstrings you can have the word "noun" be replaced with [[noun]] to make it a link.
Personally I use this with the letter hs before. To indicate that the replace action should be executed. So hsnoun would become [[noun]] and noun just stays noun.

You only have to create a script and add ::hsnoun::[[noun]]. You can add as many replacements as you wish.

Jeroen
topic: updating DokuWiki On A Stick  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
jroeterd #7
In reply to post ID 10876
From the Netherlands the Microapache website is available. Almost direct.
Just for your information.

Jroeterd
topic: seperate sitetitles for different namespaces  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
jroeterd #8
Subject: seperate sitetitles for different namespaces
Hello,

I have started a Dokuwiki at Byetcode.com and I have multiple namespaces. A private one for all my personal stuff and one called "fietsen" (means biking in dutch) for a group of friends with which I mountainbike each sunday. We save or GPS tracks on it and more information.

These friends have only access to the namespace fietsen and I would like to present to them a different sitetitle than for me. I will be creating more namespaces where that would also be a wish (for instance a wintersport namespace for the group with which I go on wintersport each year). I prefer to use namespaces for this and not different sites.

Is this possible and if so how can this be done. I have searched the forum but there where very little hits on sitetitle ;-)

With kind regards,
Jeroen Roeterd
topic: DokuWiki and Database Storage  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
jroeterd #9
In reply to post ID 3208
Hello Pchan,

When you download PHP you do not get MySQL. The tools to use PHP to connect to a MySQL database are default in the PHP download but not the DB software self. You have to install MySQL on your machine and that is exactly not what we want. A download of PHP 5+ contains the DB software SQLITE so no other download is necessary and no installation is needed.

It is a much 'lighter' solution than MySQL.

Greetings,
Jroeterd
topic: DokuWiki and Database Storage  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
jroeterd #10
In reply to post ID 3202
Hello,

SQLITE is a light DB without the need to install but very capable. It comes default with PHP 5+. See www.sqlite.org for more information.

Greetings,
Jar
jroeterd #11
In reply to post ID 3162
Most reasons for using a DB seems to be for searching, ect. Why not use something light like SQLITE for the searching and have links to the files itself. The best of both worlds.

Greetings,
Jar
topic: Run DokuWiki offline  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
jroeterd #12
In reply to post ID 1088
See http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/227
Andi added a zip file. Not current anymore but usefull.

greetings,
Jroeterd
topic: Strange message on every page  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
jroeterd #13
In reply to post ID 1069
Hello,

The problem was with the frontpage extensions in IIS but I had already disabled them. I enabled them again and then disabled them once more and then it was working fine. Apprently the first time disabling the frontpage extensions did not completly disable them. Mayby this is helpfull to somebody else.

Thanks for the response.

greeting,
Jroeterd
topic: Strange message on every page  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
jroeterd #14
Subject: Strange message on every page
I have a DW running on IIS and the following is presented on top of all pages I view.

vti_encoding:SR|utf8-nl vti_timelastmodified:TR|14 Apr 2006 21:11:46 -0000 vti_extenderversion:SR|4.0.2.8912 vti_cacheddtm:TX|14 Apr 2006 21:11:46 -0000 vti_filesize:IR|616

Saving, searching, ect are all working OK but something is wrong. I can’t find what. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Greetings,
Jroeterd
topic: A download of the wiki: namespace from splitbrain.org  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
jroeterd #15
In reply to post ID 779
Thanks Andi.

Once a week or even once a month should be enough. It is just for reference. When I know DW better and have it configured with plugins as I want to I will  problably not use it that much anymore.
But I think it is nice to new users to have the wiki available as a download.

Greetings,
Jroeterd
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 19:23:47 (UTC +01:00)