Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  next 

All posts by kaktux (27)

topic: RSS feed for new Releases and Security alerts  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
kaktux #1
User title: Rumirrer
Member since Feb 2008 · 27 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
thank you very much - that was exactly what i was looking for.

As i don't login as admin regulary but use my rss reader daily a feed is more useful to keep me up to date.
topic: RSS feed for new Releases and Security alerts  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
kaktux #2
Subject: RSS feed for new Releases and Security alerts
Hi there,

as i couldnt find something like that myself:
Is there a rss feed to stay updated when a new release or security release comes out?

There is the "Announcements and Rules  " Forum which was used for that 10 years ago - but this seems to be no longer used for this reason.

Any hint would be great as in my book rss is still the option no1 for staying up to date with what is happening.
topic: Single image with custom size and alignment and lightbox like popup [was Gallery plugin]  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
kaktux #3
In reply to post ID 63484
thanks for your answer. The reason why i asked about the gallery plugin is because in its description it says:
Instead of using a whole namespace of images, you can also specify a single image – this makes more sense when combined with the lightbox mode (see below).

{{gallery>:namespace:someimage.jpg}}

Which looks to me like what i meant - but maybe i misunderstand that.

To be exact: like i descritbes it is working (adding and showing single image and using lightbox) - but it is showing only one small thumbnail , that is not centered.
So i probably did something wrong - because besides size and orientation it is working - hence the question
topic: Single image with custom size and alignment and lightbox like popup [was Gallery plugin]  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
kaktux #4
In reply to post ID 54443
i am having difficulties with the exact same thing:

I want to add a single image to one page: i want it to be half the size in the page - but full in the popup/lightbox. But somehow i don't get it to work.

{{gallery> :namespace:subnamespace:subsubnamespace?imagename.png&800X600&lightbox }}

shows only a small thumbnail. And also the centering does not work (it is on the left).

Does anyone know and tell me what is wrong in my syntax?? Any hint would be great.
topic: Add Countup to a wikipage (Is there a way to add a counts up from a specific Date and Time?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
kaktux #5
Subject: Add Countup to a wikipage
Hi there,

i wanted to add a countup to the dokuwiki startpage.

By that i mean I want to insert a Text that counts up from a specific date in Years, Days, Minutes, seconds.

I already searched a little and found this - it would fit - but i don't know how and if it can be included an a wiki page.

http://www.1ngo.de/web/jahrestag.html

I got no coding skills - so if you could help me out it would be great.

thx
topic: Typo found on syntax page  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
kaktux #6
Subject: Typo found on syntax page
Hi there,

i searched for a few minutes if i could correct this myself - but couldn't find the right page in the contribution section.

So i write it here:

On the syntax page: https://www.dokuwiki.org/wiki:syntax - well basically on the syntax page coming with dokuwiki (as i first saw the typo on my own installation there is
External

External links are recognized automagically:

should be automatically shouldn't it??
topic: Users (except admin) can't edit anything after update  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
kaktux #7
Subject: Users (except admin) can't edit anything after update
Hi there,

after i did an update to my dokuwiki installation users can't edit anyting - viewing the page code only.

What i get when logging in is an error message like this:

DB Error: connection failed
DB Error: REPLACE INTO stats_lastseen SET `user` = 'username'
DB Error: INSERT DELAYED INTO stats_logins SET dt = NOW(), type = 'o', ip = '10.xx.xx.xx', user = 'username', session = '1444316375213-ba95def85fc39g3a7f358c157268cfeh', uid = '1572628254859-12468'

To be honest I don't really understand what that could mean/what could cause the error.

Installed Plugins are:
ACL Manager
ACL Info Plugin
ajaxloader plugin
Active Directory Auth Plugin 
LDAP Auth Plugin 
MYSQL Auth Plugin 
PostgreSQL Auth Plugin 
Plain Auth Plugin 
autologoff plugin 
Bureaucracy Plugin 
CAPTCHA Plugin 
Changes Plugin
Configuration Manager 
Signature Plugin
csstimeline plugin
CSV Plugin Structured Data Plugin
DataSearchform Plugin
Data Template Plugin Ditaa-Plugin (ditaa 1.0) 
do plugin
Dw2Pdf plugin
edittable plugin 
Extension Manager  
Gallery Plugin 
Info Plugin
log plugin
Login/Logout logging plugin 
Open Document Plugin
Popularity Feedback Plugin
Publishing Plugin
Quality Control Plugin 
Quicksubscribe Plugin 
removeold 
Revert Manager
safefnrecode plugin 
sqlite plugin
starred plugin 
Statistics Plugin  
styling plugin 
Tools Plugin 
Translation Plugin 
UncMap 
DokuWiki Upgrade Plugin 
User Manager 
Video Sharing Site Plugin 
Wrap Plugin

Dokuwiki is Release 2015-08-10a "Detritus"

Any hint would be great.
topic: requested URL was not found on this server - Installing Ickewiki (with demo files) - requirements? (What is needed to get the ickewiki demo running - error messages for every page)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
kaktux #8
Subject: requested URL was not found on this server - Installing Ickewiki (with demo files) - requirements?
Hi there,

i want to install the Dokuwiki based Ickewiki (available here: http://www.ickewiki.de/_media/ickewiki-1.3.tgz) on my local machine (running netrunner 14 (based on kubuntu 14.04)).

This install comes with demo files - so i "simply" want to put it on my machine and play with it a little.
But - i don't get it to work so far.

What I have done so far.
1.Downloades + extracted
2.copied to /var/www/html/ickewiki, assigned proper user/file rights (www-data as user/group)
3.installed apache2, php5, php5-gd, php5-sqlite

With that the wiki start page looks fine - no error messages etc. shown - just like in the demo on the ickewiki page.

But: whenever i click any link (either any of the shown points from the menu bar on the left nor signin, sitemap, revisions, show backlinks, edit page etc) -
Not Found

The requested URL /ickewiki/pagenameXYZ was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

appears.

All missing pages can be found in /data/pages + .sqlite3 files in /data/meta
But - as I am absolutely no expert in databases (i installed the php5-sqlite package because the error message told me so ;) ) - i don't know if i have to "start" a database server or so.
Guess I am used to just having dokuwiki and its text files just working out of the box.

Any help would be great - as i tried and searched a lot and couldn't find whats needed to get this demo installation working.
This post was edited on 2014-11-06, 09:39 by kaktux.
topic: Link to userpage (How to create a Link to the actual logged in user)  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
kaktux #9
In reply to post ID 43773
thanks - but that plugin has not been updated since 2009 + there is no download link ;)
topic: Link to userpage (How to create a Link to the actual logged in user)  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
kaktux #10
Subject: Link to userpage
hi there,

i searched an tried but have not found the answer yet.

I want to use a "Dashboard" as wiki startpage, when a user logs in.
Each user can create the content of this page from a template.
Is there a way to link to a page like that?
I mean - for admin it can be user:admin:dashoard
for user12 user:user12:dashboard.
So this would be a link that changes depending on the logged in user.

I have seen this on some pages - but could not yet find out how it is done.
Any hint would be great.
topic: Local Installation (How to install Dokuwiki - not on a webhost)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
kaktux #11
In reply to post ID 40417
sorry ach - Just READ THE POSTS!!!
var/www is SIMPLY the directory dokwiki has to be copied to to work - and that info not on that page.
Also i wanted to install WEATHERWAX - so yes i know we are not in 2009 - that was simply the text COPIED from the linked solution... - but i am unsure that you got that..

This problem was solved thanks to turnermm s post. Thanks again for that.
topic: Local Installation (How to install Dokuwiki - not on a webhost)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
kaktux #12
In reply to post ID 40413
Quote by ach:
Quote by kaktux:
Quote by ach:
From the OP I assumed that the question is not how to install DokuWiki, but how to handle a local server. And that won't be described on dokuwiki.org (at least not entirely or for newbies). But I might have misunderstood?

yes you did ;) - i just didn't know which directory etc. to install to. Thats why i am talking of a local installation - not of a server. The everyday computer is meant.

[...]

Also in the beginning i was missing the /var/www directory - which was easily solved by installing apache and php.

That is contradictory. Either you have problems with DokuWiki or the server setup. And it seems I was right and it was the server setup. So, your problems were independent of DokuWiki and you would have had the same issues with other web application (Wordpress, Drupal, whatever).
Maybe the issue is that you didn't quite understand what the term "server" means. Apache is a server (software) and your local "everyday" computer serves as the server hardware. "Server" does not mean that it is a different computer somewhere and doesn't need to have anything to do with "webspace".

No its not. please read what i wrote...
i wrote that what i had problems with was in the link i posted - everything else was NOT included in my question and i just mentioned it (quote:" but that is wrong in the dokuwiki forum") - just in case anybody else encounters the same.

So - to quote the solution:
cd
wget http://www.splitbrain.org/_media/projects/dokuwiki/dokuwik…
cd /var/www
sudo tar xvzf ~/dokuwiki-2009-12-25c.tgz
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data dokuwiki-2009-12-25
sudo ln -s dokuwiki-2009-12-25 dokuwiki

I didn't find that in the wiki, forum or else before.
Wheres your server in that??
kaktux #13
In reply to post ID 40409
Quote by kaktux:
Quote by ach:
Quote by turnermm:
There are tutorials for both Ubuntu and Debian on dokuwiki.org.  Checking the post I suggested will lead to them.  Problems with these OSes come up from time to time so that searching the forum for Ubuntu/Debian will locate relevant posts.

From the OP I assumed that the question is not how to install DokuWiki, but how to handle a local server. And that won't be described on dokuwiki.org (at least not entirely or for newbies). But I might have misunderstood?

yes you did ;) - i just didn't know which directory etc. to install to. Thats why i am talking of a local installation - not of a server. The everyday computer is meant.
But thanks to turnermm i got on the right track.

Here is exactly what i searched for:
http://tech.surveypoint.com/blog/dokuwiki-tutorial-part-1-…

I still got some php issues (it seems) - but that is wrong in the dokuwiki forum - and i also solved 2 problems just by searching for the error messages (php5-sqlite and php5-gd were missing and had to be installed).
Also in the beginning i was missing the /var/www directory - which was easily solved by installing apache and php.

So if anyone has the same problems - i would recommend: open your package manager - select dokuwiki (+ the dependencies) - unselect the dokuwiki package (but not the dependencies) - install them.
And then do as in the link i just posted.
This post was edited on 2013-09-22, 14:49 by kaktux.
kaktux #14
In reply to post ID 40405
Quote by ach:
Quote by turnermm:
There are tutorials for both Ubuntu and Debian on dokuwiki.org.  Checking the post I suggested will lead to them.  Problems with these OSes come up from time to time so that searching the forum for Ubuntu/Debian will locate relevant posts.

yes you did ;) - i just didn't know which directory etc. to install to.
But thanks to turnermm i got on the right track.

Here is exactly what i searched for:
http://tech.surveypoint.com/blog/dokuwiki-tutorial-part-1-…

I still got some php issues (it seems) - but that is wrong in the dokuwiki forum - and i also solved 2 problems just by searching for the error messages (php5-sqlite and php5-gd were missing and had to be installed).

So if anyone has the same problems - i would recommend: open your package manager - select dokuwiki (+ the dependencies) - unselect the dokuwiki package (but not the dependencies) - install them.
And then do as in the link i just posted.
This post was edited on 2013-09-22, 14:31 by kaktux.
kaktux #15
Subject: Local Installation
hi there,

it may be a really dumb questions - but i've been searching the web and forum here for 2 days now without a result so here i go.

I have ubuntu 13.04 - and want to install Dokuwiki Weatherwax.
I know there's dokuwiki available as a package - but thats an older version.

So now i tried a lot - but can't find a solution of how to install dokuwiki on a local machine.
I read a little about building packages - but i am not sure if i have to do so.

The wiki says about ubuntu:
As of Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, the version of dokuwiki packaged with ubuntu is rather outdated (2010.12.25). You may be ahead to follow the generic Install instructions using the tarball instead.
So - thats what i want to do!!

But cklicking on install there leads back to the general installation page (where the upload to a webhost is described).

Any hint would be great!!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-22, 02:49:40 (UTC +02:00)