Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  next 

All posts by geekitude (48)

topic: Userhomepage (New version)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
geekitude #1
User title: Geekitude
Member since Aug 2014 · 48 posts · Location: France
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I don't get what you're trying to achieve, what works and what doesn't work.
You need to give more informations about your current settings, what happens and what you want.
topic: Userhomepage (New version)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
geekitude #2
In reply to post ID 61193
Sorry for the imprecision, english isn't my mother tongue ;)

yeah sorry for the dumb question but the description for your configuration settings are quite imprecise. The "redirection" option says it still occurs on creation...
Even if "redirection" setting is disabled, it will still occur when page is created (to make sure user knows what page was created so he can customize it straight away)

Also I'm struggling with the permission settings. I want to have the user no write access but only admins. For "groups_private" you say: "list of groups concerned by private namespace creation" concerned in which way? what permissions do they get?
"groups_private" has nothing to do with permissions. It's just meant to decide wich groups get a private page. By default, everyone is concerned. If you put a group name, it will be the only one concerned by private page creation.
Permisions are set through the four "acl_..." settings, respectievly for ALL or USER groups and for Private or Public page/namespace
geekitude #3
In reply to post ID 61180
Hum... Hard one...

Did you try "redirection" setting?
geekitude #4
In reply to post ID 60731
Hello

Yes it is and this is described on plugin's page, see Skeleton feature :
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:userhomepage#private_or_pu…
geekitude #5
In reply to post ID 59867
Quote by Dralli72 on 2018-03-01, 23:40:
.../... the plugin still keeps creating an "AUTH_EDIT" ACL even if the public part is a namespace. Should be AUTH_DELETE IMHO .../...

Correct and nice fix ;-)
Merged  today.

I'm not really used to github pull request (should practice that, though)

It's allready nice to provide a fix, don't worry too much about PR.

Edit: checked the templates in lang/de-informal. No problems detected.  :-)

Thanks for checking that too
geekitude #6
In reply to post ID 59826
Hi

Just some fresh news about today's version...

I was being too lazy when I declared I would not bother about managing a start page template for Public Namespace. :rolleyes:
Public Namespace start page template seems necessary and is done ;-) There's now 3 possible page templates (private namespace, public page and public namespace).

I used Dralli72's files to create formal German Public Namespace template and all 3 informal German templates, I hope I didn't mess everything up in the translations, I didn't practice German since school :-D

Added Dokuwiki's existing or not classes (ie `wikilink1` or `wikilink2`) to all helper's links.

And finally added Skeleton feature for Public Namespace (to create more than just the start page).
geekitude #7
In reply to post ID 59824
Typo fixed, you can update. :blush:
First update then delete the unwanted ACL line. Sorry for that.
geekitude #8
In reply to post ID 59823
1. I didn't pay enough attention and I have the same ACL, must be a stupid typo somwhere, I'll check that :blush:

2. That's just a template meant to be adapted to your needs and it would be impossible to create one that covers every possible configuration so I will not change current template. Well it is of course possible but it would take waaaaayyyyy too much time. As you discovered, it's pretty easy to adapt  ;-)

3. Since your templates are not translations of the original ones that cover most of the needs, I will not be abble to integrate your versions but maybe someone here will find them usefull.

I'll let you know when point 1 is solved.
geekitude #9
In reply to post ID 59809
Hello again

Update to new version and it should work :-D

Warning: it is not just for fun that the proposed namespaces for user private namespaces and public pages are different and having both in same namespaces is a source of ACL troubles :huh:

Here's what you can get and how to get it :
private:<username>:*
user:<username>:*

For users_namespace, put a simple namespace name like private or anything else
For public_pages_ns, put something like user:%NAME%:%START% (you can change "user" but not ":%NAME%:%START%")
And set ACL as you would normally for simple public pages: give read access to both @ALL and @user

Remember that you can change "private" and "user" as long as you don't use same value for both.

Once this is done, Userhomepage is all set, as close as possible to what you were looking for, but you're not done yet if you did change Dokuwiki's showuseras settings to show user name as an Interwiki link.

DokuWiki expects users to have a public page like user:<login> and you need to instruct it that public pages are now like  user:<login>:start. To do so, edit dokuwiki/conf/interwiki.conf file and change [user] line to this :

user      :user:{NAME}:start

Or, wich is better if it works, add a dokuwiki/conf/interwiki.local.conf file and fill it with the line above (I think the value from local file will override the other but I din't make any test).

This is a bit experimental so start by doing a backup of your wiki  ;-)
geekitude #10
In reply to post ID 59805
Hello

Currently, the plugin can only manage a public Page, not a public Namespace  :-(
But it would be a nice option and I'll see if I can add that.

Give me a few days to see if I can get something working  ;-)
topic: Dokuwiki timing out when saving moderately large file or editing config  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
geekitude #11
In reply to post ID 33449
Hello... I know it's an old thread but I stumbled upon that problem and just thought I might post the solution that worked in my case.

Context: pretty weak self hosted server under Debian with Apache and "Elenor of Tsort".

Apache is set by default to stop php scripts taking more than 30 seconds and saving some rather complex pages was reaching that time limit.

Solved changing following values in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file (and then restarting Apache of course) :
  * max_execution_time = 60 (instead of 30)
  * max_input_time = 120 (instead of 60, I don't think this was needed but just wanted to keep the logic of time limits)

I hope this will be helpfull to someone ;)
geekitude #12
In reply to post ID 53876
Hi

I didn't give you the best helper function for your need. To get only the ID of user's private namespace start page and not a full link (and build your own with an image for example), use this helper function: getPrivateID()
geekitude #13
In reply to post ID 53811
Hi Famok

What you're asking for (an image with a link to private page) depends on template, not on Userhomepage plugin. You will have to either change template code or kindly ask to the developper of the template you use to change his code (using Userhomepage helper function getPrivateLink()).

PS: when you ask for a fix wich is proposed 2 days later, it is considered polite to give feedback within a few days or weeks, not 7 months later...
topic: TwistieNav (new version)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
geekitude #14
In reply to post ID 52277
Just added an option to turn 'pageId' element (usually a pseudo tab in top right corner of page showing it's ID) into a short hierarchical trace with text links opening TwistieNav popups.

Right now, I'm happy with the plugin as it is and I'm done for a while with it... Will see if the community likes it too  ;-)
topic: TwistieNav (new version)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
geekitude #15
In reply to post ID 52263
Version uploaded today (2016/05/03) brings many changes in the way TwistieNav works.

It is now compatible with urlrewriting, will work with regular breadcrumbs without any change to template file and is farm friendly :-D

Please update if you have installed any previous version.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-16, 06:51:33 (UTC +02:00)