Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3 ... 10  11  12  next 

All posts by hj (167)

topic: catlist (namespace not found)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #1
Member since Apr 2008 · 167 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I've answered my own question!

The (namespace) part of the syntax shouldn't have the brackets ()  ;-)   And then with a bit of fiddling around with colons and periods I managed to produce the namespace I want.

I think it's a bit misleading on the plugin page that it shows the syntax specifically with brackets (namespace) - I know that it's mentioned that it means the namespace is an optional inclusion, but if you are showing a syntax example you really should leave the brackets out, they're not part of the actual syntax!  :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I'm not a coder and I am very slow!  :-D
The author has attached one file to this post:
catlistbrackets.jpg 46.9 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
This post was edited on 2019-04-17, 15:58 by hj.
topic: catlist (namespace not found)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #2
Subject: catlist
Hi,

Catlist looks like the best listing plugin for my needs. But having a few problems with it.

Trying to include a namespace in the plugin syntax just throws up an error, "namespace not found". This is odd, as the namespace (actually a sub-namespace) is in the same folder as my page with the catlist syntax.

Syntax used is...

<catlist (surface:) -displayList -noHeadTitle -noHead -noAddPageButton -sortDescending>

Take out the (surface:) namespace reference and the plugin works, but shows all files in the main namespace.

Maybe the namespace feature of the syntax doesnt work with Frusterick Manners?

Anyone know different?
Screen shot 2019-04-17 at 14.07.34.png 31 kBytes
topic: Bureaucracy - question  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #3
In reply to post ID 65713
Thanks.

Interesting to see that the syntax page you referenced there is different to the syntax page of my Frusterick Manners installation.  Mine doesn't have that clause you show, and indeed my syntax page section is called Images and Other Files as opposed to Media Files

You live and learn!
hj #4
In reply to post ID 65702
That worked, too  :-)   Many thanks!

for my full understanding, I'm curious about the part of the link which is ?linkonly| - where do you get that from?  I looked in the syntax page but couldn't see any linkonly reference, and wonder what the ending pipe is for?
hj #5
In reply to post ID 65698
Excellent, thanks pop.  Working just right, now.

One small issue is that if a file (jpg) is uploaded via the form, the location of the file is displayed in the created page.  However, it is not a link, so you can't just click it and view the file.  :-(

I'm not sure if this is a Bureaucracy problem, or whether I need to add some coding to my template to 'bring the link alive' so to speak.??  Attachment shows how the uploaded file is displayed, but isn't a 'green' link.

The file display line in my template is thus:

**Files:** @@Upload file@@\\

maybe I need to do something to this to make it a live link?

Hugh
Screen shot 2019-04-17 at 00.14.31.png 38.3 kBytes
hj #6
In reply to post ID 65695
 :-)
hj #7
In reply to post ID 65684
Hi Philipp,

The spaces are the reason why I enclosed the template name in double quotes.

I wouldn't know why you have to do that? But ok! 

As it happens I made two templates separately and saved them as .txt files, surface_trip and underground_trip. My action line code appears to be selecting the appropriate template, depending on the choice made in the first fieldset dropdown "Trip type". So that bit is working ok, and the resulting page is displaying the correct information as entered in all the other relevant fields. Good.

Where it is going wrong is in the destination of the created page; and the actual pagename which, of course, is also the URL.

I want the destination to create two sub-namespaces, triparchives:surface or triparchives:underground. Surface and Underground are the 'Trip type's. Instead, however, it is just creating a whole set of nested namespaces - see the screenshot attached.  The URL for a created page is also very convoluted, e.g.

/doku.php?id=triparchives:triptype:2019-04-16type:paku_valley

whereas I would like it something more like...

/doku.php?id=triparchives:underground-2019-04-16-paku_valley

This could be I'm using the wrong separator. But more importantly, the destination sub-namespaces surface or underground are not being created.

Here's my action line code:

Action template "@@Trip type@@ Trip" triparchives:@@Trip type@@: -

I'm probably not far off getting this right!  But there is such delicacy and detail in the action line code that one thing wrong and it all goes pearshape!

Hugh
nested-namespaces.jpg 21.5 kBytes
This post was edited on 2019-04-16, 11:32 by hj.
hj #8
In reply to post ID 65538
pop,

Many thanks for this, Sorry I've been diverted by other work, though you and I have talked directly on other issues, thanks for your views there, too.

This sounds like an excellent suggestion, if I can get my head around the coding for my form structure.  I will give it a go and see what happens.

Just one query - your action template ends with a destination namespace, @@product@@ :  That's ok, but you don't include a 'separator', which I think (in the documentation) is required for the page name to be constructed.  I have been using a hyphen '-', so presumably I need to add that as well?

Also, your template appears to be enclosed in apostrophes and with spaces... "description of @@product@@".  How does that look as a template name?...because I have to create the template and give it a file name.

Hugh
This post was edited on 2019-04-16, 00:48 by hj.
topic: filelisting plugin (not listing files)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #9
In reply to post ID 65638
Thanks Lars, I'll certainly take a look at that.  :-)
topic: filelisting plugin (not listing files)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #10
In reply to post ID 65635
Sure.  But as I say, the plugin page makes no distinction about what sort of 'files' the plugin is for.

And you say it yourself.... /data/pages is only for content that is intended to be rendered as a wiki page (txt source files of your wiki pages)..... txt source files   ;-)

If the plugin page actually said this is for media only, we'd be a lot wiser.
hj #11
In reply to post ID 65632
Are pages not files?

It doesn't say anything about it only being a media lister?  A page in dokuwiki is a text FILE. No?
topic: Add New Page with auto-id  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #12
In reply to post ID 65522
Right, I've got you. I think so, anyway!

The placeholders allow you to use a single bureaucracy form anywhere - on submission the pagename and destination are compiled by the action line which 'inherits' the namespace where the form resides and the page the form is on (without having to makes lots of different forms with subtly different action lines).

OK, I can see the value in that, and certainly in your case with so many different issues every year, it makes total sense.

In my case there may only be one or two destinations for submissions, and only one or two form pages - so it's probably not as necessary for me to use placeholders. EXCEPT.... it might be beneficial to use placeholders to maintain the correct order of pagename elements.  At the moment I'm just using a single @ to mark fields which are to be used in the pagename. But that means the pagename is constructed strictly in the order of the fields in the form.  If the article 'number' is at the top of your form, then that is the first element in the pagename.  I can see the way you do it possibly allows more control of pagename construction.

Thanks for the thorough tutorial!

edited to add:

In the bureaucracy documentation, what we are talking about is explained under the Defining the Destination(s) section.  Perhaps this section should be renamed Defining the Destination and Pagename.  It is not really clear until you read (and understand) Method 2, that this section is about naming the pages, not just defining where they are created.

If you are slow, like me (!), it takes a little while to recognise this!  ;-)
This post was edited on 2019-04-04, 01:57 by hj.
topic: Add New Page with auto-id  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
hj #13
In reply to post ID 65518
Your 'action' (I assume you mean template action) is quite convoluted - I can't quite make out what the @FORMPAGE_NS@ stuff is about.  I think I'll just try adding the simple @@Laufnummer@@ bit to my version!  ;-)

It will be interesting to see if there's an error message when I add that, too.  I'll try it tonight and let you know.

By the way, don't want to divert from this thread, but I have another bureaucracy issue here.  You seem to have a good grasp of bureaucracy, so maybe you could shed some light on it..?

cheers
hj #14
In reply to post ID 65510
Hi Myron,

So, if you could open a newpage with addnewpage and this newpage is named as, or contains, the next unique number in sequence, would this do what you want?  If so, I might have a solution for you.

That was the early thinking, yes.  Although I think I've gone past the addnewpage plugin, now - I've got into bureaucracy, which I rather like because it provides an entry form...which is a pretty foolproof way for the average user to submit data. 

And by the looks of what pop is saying, bureaucracy can provide an incremental numbering as part of the page name/ID.  So I think I'll be trying that route first.
hj #15
In reply to post ID 65501
Hi pop,

Thanks for the thoughts on this. That solution is certainly worth trying.

The page name is a composite of the name of the page holding the form and the automatically assigned number.

The name of the generated page is a bit complicated. The page ID contains the year, the issue number and the article number with the issue of a journal which was issued each week during nearly fifty years. Each article is stored in its own page in the wiki.

Yes, I think a 'composite' page name may be necessary, perhaps containing date and subject as well as the article number (the one which sequentially increases on each submission).

If this can be done by bureaucracy without any other plugin, then this is certainly worth trying out.  I don't want to make the generated page name too long, but that will be trial and error with the bureaucracy field names, I think.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3 ... 10  11  12  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 01:07:15 (UTC +02:00)