Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  next 

All posts by ChrisS (91)

topic: Unparsed HTML (Submitting gives an unparsed HTML page)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
ChrisS #1
Member since Sep 2006 · 91 posts
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
Show profile · Link to this post
I would guess the error is related to the RewriteBase value in your .htaccess and DokuWiki's baseurl and basedir config settings.

What are the values of these two config settings?
And what is the relative path to doku.php from the site's web root?
topic: Unable to authenticate against active directory (after a dokuwiki upgrade)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
ChrisS #2
In reply to post ID 38625
In addition to changing the $conf['authtype'] value to 'authad'.  All the individual auth settings need to be updated, changing the ['ad'] to ['authad'].
topic: Registration captcha won't fit in text area  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
ChrisS #3
In reply to post ID 33281
I think this is fixed now.  I couldn't replicate, but I also couldn't get long captcha words.  I did check the form and the captcha field length seems to be increased to 10 characters.

Note, forum registration (and authenticated access) does require cookies to be enabled.
topic: Easy linebreaks  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
ChrisS #4
In reply to post ID 34064
Fix pushed to github.  Update and you should be good to go.
topic: How I prevent users from copying content?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
ChrisS #5
In reply to post ID 32909
Unfortunately not.  Your use case is quite contrary to spirit of wiki's and how most of the standard part of the web works - so its not likely to be included in future.

Anything that dokuwiki puts out is in normal HTML.  Any user can copy the content by viewing the source (view/source on the menu of most browsers) or by employing one of the many website spidering tools out there.

I would guess your options are to prevent them copying by good behaviour and licence or by using flash/silverlight where you have greater control over the transfer of data to the user and their ability to interact with it.  Even with that, a determined user could still screenshot and use OCR.
topic: file name too long  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
ChrisS #6
In reply to post ID 18257
Patch is in dev now, properly connected up along with some unit tests.
topic: file name too long  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
ChrisS #7
In reply to post ID 18230
I have a new "safe" filename conversion.   See code, tests.  It reduces the number of characters in your "safe" file names from 261-271 down to 148-158, which doesn't compares to badly against the filenames themselves, 71-81 utf8 chars (109-119 bytes).

It needs hooking in to utf8_encodeFN() and utf8_decodeFN() with some code to detect the previous version.  A check for a '%' in the encodedFN string should be sufficient.
topic: Cannot open dokuwiki.jalakai.co.uk (Ping is OK, but site is not available)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
ChrisS #8
In reply to post ID 15829
Hi opentitan,

Its not on you or your remote VDS, my webserver crashed last night.  Its back now, feel free to try again.
topic: new MS Office 2007 MimeTypes conflict with old MimeType when downloading  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
ChrisS #9
In reply to post ID 12094
I'm unable to duplicate this issue. 

I didn't have access to a Office 2007 installation, so I grabbed a sample xlsx file from http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/mss2008sdksamples…?Releas…

Using the mime.conf entries given above, I uploaded the file using both firefox3/mac and firefox2/win.  I downloaded the two files on windows and mac.  The downloaded files always had the correct name - i.e. the extension was always ".xlsx" and there was no second extension.

Can you give some more details of your dokuwiki installation?
- server OS
- webserver name and version
- client OS
topic: Plugin development: How to add header and how to change body tag  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
ChrisS #10
In reply to post ID 6211
I think it would depend on what you want to pass.  The simplest method is to have your syntax plugin output a small amount of javascript in the page.  E.g. take a look at the googlemaps plugin.  A more complex method is to have the syntax plugin write metadata rather than (or as well as) xhtml.  An action plugin can retrieve the metadata and generate JS for placement in the HEAD by responding to appropriate events.
topic: Slow Performance Dokuwiki (Performance)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
ChrisS #11
In reply to post ID 6159
Does the slow performance happen all the time.  Or just the first time you read a page after not having read that page in a while?

I.e.  If you read a page once, it takes a long time.  Then you read another page before going back to the first page.  On this second visit does the page load quickly or slowly?

If it loads quickly the second time, the first time is slow because DW needs to regenerate its cached version of the page.  DW is pretty smart about knowing when to regnerate its cache, so you can make the configuration setting 'cachetime' much longer, say 30*24*60*60 (30 days).  DW knows to update its cache if you update the page, update DokuWiki and if several types of content on the page need to be updated (e.g. links, rss feeds).

If its slow all the time, its likely to be a web server issue.  You'll need to delve into what your server is doing.  Try using the "top" command.
topic: Plugin development: How to add header and how to change body tag  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
ChrisS #12
In reply to post ID 6191
DokuWiki caches a lot of stuff and there are several ways to trigger a cache refresh.  Probably the easiest is to add "?purge=1" to any wiki url.  For more details see page on caching.

For JS and CSS updates you will most likely also need to force your web browser to refresh its cache.  Shift+Refresh or Ctrl+Refresh is normally sufficient.  Which one will work will depend on your browser and OS.
topic: Multiple installations of dokuwiki  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
ChrisS #13
In reply to post ID 6178
Search for "wiki farm" at wiki.splitbrain.org.

Also visit the mailing list archives.  There have been several discussions on the mailing list at different times, some with people providing patch sets to convert DW to a multi-wiki single-installation application, the most recent being last Sunday (2008-03-30) with a couple of follow ups since.
topic: Page subscription: How to interpret the content?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
ChrisS #14
In reply to post ID 6189
Its universal diff format, for an explanation see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff#Unified_format
topic: embedded php in wiki syntax  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
ChrisS #15
In reply to post ID 6158
You could also look at the command plugin.  Its a more secure way of achieving something similar. ie.  A publicly updateable wikis doesn't need to expose itself to malicious php on wiki pages.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 07:22:11 (UTC +01:00)