Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3 ... 13  14  15  next 

All posts by ryan.chappelle (216)

topic: Move "not maintained anymore" plugins to a separate section ?  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
ryan.chappelle #1
User title: Chilean DW Fan
Member since May 2008 · 218 posts · Location: Temuco, Chile
Group memberships: Local Moderators, Members, Newsletter Team
Show profile · Link to this post
Thanks for the welcome backs.

I admittedly am not sure who would be the final user of a demo site like mine (considering it's not anywhere near finished). My interest for it is more from the perspective of a digital archivist and as someone who knows in stuff like corporate environments it's not always possible to use the newest release stuff so it is important to have access to old versions of stuff that are known to work for a given timeframe; as such, I do intend to add over time is stuff like:

• Server setup (eg.: pre or post PHP=7.0).
  • Differences between installing some specific DW versions.
  • What versions of plugins are compatible with what versions of DokuWiki (for example, users of DW pre-Weatherwax will need to fetch a previous version of plugin:tag).
  • HTTP mirrors of some plugins that are hosted on Github, so non-SSL clients can download them (one thing that from what I have seen the release DW still has not been able to solve).

@michaelsy - I'll try to crosslink back once I can get back home and reacquire the keys to the kingdom. Thanks!
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
Surviving earthquakes since Feb 2010!
topic: Move "not maintained anymore" plugins to a separate section ?  in the forum: Community dokuwiki.org
ryan.chappelle #2
In reply to post ID 62516
(Dear god I left this behind for long enough. I'm authorizing regular DW contributors to internet-brick me)

It's been a while and I had done this but never actually opened it up but now I saw this thread and remembered. Anyway, I did end up setting up that demo site for old Dokuwiki versions and their plugins. At the moment it's pretty basic and lacks information about eg.: webserver setup for each version because of PHP≤5 vs PHP≥7 support, or cross-plugin dependencies.

I don't know if there's interest in creating or maintaining an official sort of archive. At least I know I'm willing for the plugins I tend to use.

Also would someone be able to explain to me the syntax that can be used for the pluginrepo data table when editing pages? I've seen this works

compatible : Frusterick, Lemming, Anteater, rincewind, angua

But I'm also looking for some sort of glob syntax and as I've mentioned above I've never been able to make it work correctly. And I can't find information on how extensible it is, for example I'd like to point out a plugin works with ">= Binky" or "PHP <= 5.6".
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Include script file or add php code (Include PHP code, Shell command. We run DokuWiki on Ubuntu)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
ryan.chappelle #3
In reply to post ID 56353
While currently unmaintained, phpinc or phpwikify plugins might be what you are after. They allow you to eitiher include a given PHP file, or to directly insert PHP code ina  wikipage (which outputs its data in wikicode format).
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
ryan.chappelle #4
In reply to post ID 55706
Just create a List of Plugins that work with the current Version.
 Then as old ones are updated, they get added.

Then when another version of Dokuwiki comes out, Start a new list.
While I like the idea in general, there are a number of minor problems with that approach. Andi already mentioned one - someone has to do the work, and keep it up to date. Then there's the fact that we are already supposed to have that, via the "works with" marker in the plugin pages... except that either doesn't really work or is not easily maintainable. I have myself found unable to use the syntax in the pluginrepo page for marking my plugins as compatible with "X version onwards" or with "ALL DW versions" - tried stuff like ">= Angua" or "Angua+" without good results, so that makes an extra burden for me or my users because unless someone is always verifying, there's no programmatic way to know if a plugin works or not.

The idea of keeping an archive of unmaintained plugins makes a good lot of sense mostly because people who have been using those plugins should be able to reach the latest versions, even if they are chronologically old. That's just good software distribution practice. I am opposed to the idea of removing plugins just because they are old. I have seen plugins that might be old but still work without issues, and do what one wants of them. In particular if there are no actual "more modern" alternatives to those plugins, then removing them is more harm than good. I mean, if someone wrote a plugin in 2009 that adds two numbers, why would it ever have to be upgraded? Unless math changes, or unless the core DokuWiki engine changes and no longer uses + to add numbers, or no longer even uses numbers at all, it will work on forever.

Wouldn't it be easy to gather the "activated" flag of the plugin list extending the popularity feedback ?
IMO this has a lot of sense. There are minor gotchas because of using the popularity feedback as a base, which mostly have to do with interpreting the stats and determining what counts as an "active" install, but overall I think the base idea is that if someone went to the extent of installing a plugin, and keeping it activated, it must have been because it works, even if it is only 3 people, or even if those people are still using a DokuWiki (and a version of the plugin) from 2013.

Are you volunteering to maintain that list? Are you volunteering to check if a plugin works with a new release or not?
While I'm not rgleason, I'm interested in knowing if anyone would be interested in setting up or maintaining a live demo site, for I have a live demo set for some old DW versions and their plugins, and I presume the information would be just as valuable as information about a new release, thus worth to pass on if requested to do so.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Problem of Disappearing text using divalign2 Plugin  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
ryan.chappelle #5
In reply to post ID 56259
Hmmmm, this is strange and a problem I had not seen in a very good while. For whatever reason it is the alignment button (and toolbar) as a whole that is not working for me. I mean, it doesn't disappear anything but doesn't even do anything either. I will be taking a look at the code over next week.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Can include or templater plugins do this? (transclusion)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
ryan.chappelle #6
In reply to post ID 56301
I don't think that is doable at the text-design level because you are asking a variable (in this case "Publisher") to alter the behaviour of the parsing of the whole page (so that it emits or not a whole row).

A potential solution using the templater plugin would be to use the phpwikify plugin, or others of its kind like phpinc, to dynamically add the behaviour you want to the template. Basically you'd add code like this (well, mostly pseudocode because I don't have access right now to the installation where I tried this):

<phpwikify>
// Check for "Publisher" variable and only emit the column if it is present
$publisher= '@Publisher@';
// this should result in either an empty string ('') or the '@Publisher@' string verbatim if it was not assigned during inclusion
if ($publisher != '' && $publisher != '@'.'Publisher@') {
    echo "| Publisher | @Publisher@ |";
}
</phpwikify>
Basically, you'd generate each row you want to make "optional" with these code fragments.

Note in the if we can not directly test for equality to the '@Publisher@' macro because it will get replaced during text inclusion; we have to split it so that the templater parser won't pick on it.

Also with the phpwikify plugin you have to be very careful about how you emit newlines; echoing wikicode directly means you have to echo the correct table code yourself.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Category plugin  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
ryan.chappelle #7
In reply to post ID 53736
Actually the tag plugin already does this. {{tag>category}} will add your page to the given category, and{{topic>category}} will list all pages in that category. {{tagpage>category}} will give you a link to the category's page, which you can then edit.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: BBCode plugin not working (Not fully compatible with Hrun?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
ryan.chappelle #8
In reply to post ID 45940
"default back to the Dokuwiki syntax"? What do you mean exactly?

Also, do you have perhaps a live install where one could try the plugin and see a bit of what's going on?
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: translation in two languages on only one page  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
ryan.chappelle #9
In reply to post ID 40324
See, that is precisely one of the problems that the translation plugin sidesteps completely. You don't need to set up anything server or client side that the client browser has to "remember". And using completely different pages has some minor benefits, such as the possibility of using templates for them.

If maintaining whole different namespaces is an issue, you could modify the plugin slightly so that instead of using translation namespaces it uses translation subpages only, like what the Fedora Wiki does. Thus pages would become, say, :mycontent:en and mycontent:de with the required per-language content, and their parent page :mycontent only contains the labguage-selection code and calls the above pages via the Include Plugin:

<ifvar lang=en>
{{page>.:en}}
<else>
{{page>.:de}}
</ifvar>

(Or even better, if this is somehow possible:)

{{page>.:{{var>lang?lang:de}}}}

This is a possible setup. Or you can make one language the default in :mycontent and only subpage the other as required. That's another possible setup.

Anyway, in order to add the language to the query string in every page call, which is what the above solution would require, you would have to create an action plugin that reads, maintains and changes the needed attributes in the $_GET and $_SERVER variables. This could be via a cookie or by adding the information to the rendered page's meta, for example.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Links limitation from DokuWiki page (I propose to extend actionlink plugin to solve this problem)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
ryan.chappelle #10
In reply to post ID 40029
(A) A simple search can lead you to plugins such as baselink that incorporate a prefix for "root links" (something like, say, "@/tests/").

But beyond that, yes. There are some issues with the way links work to anchors generated by Dokuwiki, and then one has to account for the anchors generated by plugins. Though somewhere in the documentation it says that double underscores should not be used anywhere as they are used internally for Dokuwiki I'd say that if that anchor is generated by a plugin, such as the Discussion plugin, then it is that author's responsibility to provide a way to produce a link syntax to their generated content. For example one of the recent additions to the Tag plugin allows for an easy syntax to reach topic pages.

I can't speak for the security of the proposed solution in (3) injection-wise, I've been out of the loop for too long.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Wish: User-agent checker (A plugin that checks the user agent and displays an error message via html_msgarea() for nonstandard browsers.)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
ryan.chappelle #11
In reply to post ID 39527
To check the user agent and some browser capabilities you only need to check the user agent info PHP receives from the client request (as $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] if I'm not mistaken) and then pass that to get_browser() to parse it, then tailor the content as you wish, with warnings, red cards, etc.

For a very simple example of yellow- or red-carding a very horrible browser such as Internet Explorer you can see for example the source of my plugin noiewarning (disclaimer: shameless self promotion because I think it's well justified) or, even better, the source of the no-ie plugins for Wordpress (disclaimer: shameless non-self promotion also well justified) which were used as a foundation for it. The original "Shockingly Big Warning" is very good and can do anything from presenting a small warning, a full-screen warning or even crashing IE to demonstrate its brokenness if desired.
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
This post was edited on 2013-09-14, 00:18 by ryan.chappelle.
topic: Utilizar variables de dokuwiki  in the forum: Non-English Discussion Spanish discussion
ryan.chappelle #12
In reply to post ID 38970
Las variables solamente funcionan en el contexto de las páginas modelo (busca la wiki por "namespace template"). Si quieres usarlas en una página normal tienes que instalar el plugin var y revisar las distintas variables que trae (que por lo demás son las mismas que las normales de DokuWiki).
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Tabla "lateral"  in the forum: Non-English Discussion Spanish discussion
ryan.chappelle #13
In reply to post ID 39174
Con el plugin exttab2 crear esas tablas es más o menos trivial ya que funciona igual que el formato de tablas de Wikipedia. Es solamente cosa de asegurarse de "flotar" la tabla al lado deseado.

El wikitexto necesario debiera similar al siguiente:

{| style="width:25%; float: right; margin-left: 10px;" class="inline"
|-
| Cabeceras de tabla...
|-
| Fila de tabla...
|-
| Fila de tabla....
|-
|}
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: Permalink to current page version?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
ryan.chappelle #14
In reply to post ID 37726
Is this the same question as this]?
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
topic: sidebar e indexmenu  in the forum: Non-English Discussion Spanish discussion
ryan.chappelle #15
In reply to post ID 38350
Respecto de la primera pregunta, si estás usando la opción de configuración useheading como activado, entonces el nombre del namespace raíz es el nombre de la página de inicio de tu Wiki. Si no, no estoy seguro de cómo se cambia, no he revisado ese caso.

¿Me podrías describir con más detalle a lo que te refieres con la segunda pregunta?
Chilean DW Fan!
my plugins for DokuWiki
GULIX, my area's LUG
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3 ... 13  14  15  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 13:42:42 (UTC +02:00)