Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3 ... 19  20  21  next 

All posts by virk (305)

topic: Tab oder Leerzeichen in einem Text  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
virk #1
Member since Aug 2008 · 305 posts · Location: Aachen
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Bei mir (Mac) übt alt-Leerzeichen anscheinend die gewünschte Funktion aus. Hier im Forum          auch.
topic: More information about updating.  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
virk #2
In reply to post ID 46983
What I would try:

Step 1) Backup your wiki, install plugin "upgrade", run it from the admin-site and follow the instructions.
Step 2) There is no "Step 2"

Kind regards
topic: Welches Plugin lässt Menü auf/zu klappen?  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
virk #3
In reply to post ID 46880
cladonia, das ist aber noch zu kompliziert.

Benutze mal simplenavi oder indexmenu, dann brauchst Du Dich um die Seitenstruktur nicht zu kümmern, sondern die plugins ermitteln selbst die gesamte Struktur.
Z.B.: {{simplenavi>}} in die sidebar-seite bei aktiviertem simplenavi-plugin und dann eventuell weiter anpassen.
topic: Alphabetical ordered pages list  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
virk #4
In reply to post ID 46897
Try plugins, for example https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:nspages
topic: Fix the sidebar in dokuwiki-template  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
virk #5
Subject: Fix the sidebar in dokuwiki-template
How do I fix the sidebar (correctly) in the dokuwiki-template? We do not want the sidebar to scroll with the main content but have it fixed.
topic: Only show #portions of a page# with the help of a plugin.  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
virk #6
In reply to post ID 46803
Quote by ach:
Quote by virk:
Doing this the number of pages would increase enormously.

So? What's the problem with that?

My current project (in dokuwiki) consists of one main namespace "projectname_xyz" and about 20 pages within this namespace. The "start page" of the project is a diary with about 200 kB of only text; every action on every day is briefly described and probably linked to the subpages, where special information is collected. At the end of this start page I have continued with "includes" in order to maintain the size of this file (long loading times via internet, file being locked for other users while I am in edit-mode, etc.). Include is running fine.
This diary roughly contains 300 days multiplied with 10 entries daily = 3000 entries.
If I would "solve my problem" with blog, include, tag, etc. I would have created 3000 pages, probably being in one subnamespace.
Each page would only contain one sentence like:"23.01.2015: Nuclear power plant switched down, further see <link>".
Currently I feel that this would cause more trouble to me, than it would help: Backup would last much longer, probably loading time would increase, etc., much more work with naming of pages, etc.)
Probably I am wrong and the solution of individual pages fits very well to my problem. I do not know.

My vision is to have something like blog, include, tag, whatever, which allows me to only display portions/chapters/sentences of the pages being appropriately tagged.

Greetings virk
topic: Only show #portions of a page# with the help of a plugin.  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
virk #7
In reply to post ID 46656
Quote by ach on 2015-01-10, 01:33:
That sounds a lot like a pretty standard *blog* to me. You only need to click on one tag in a tag cloud to filter all the posts tagged with that tag.

Yes, but as far as I have understood, this requires that each post is written in/on its own page/site. Doing this the number of pages would increase enormously.
virk #8
In reply to post ID 46656
…*blog*

So what do I need to do? Should I install any plugin for first tests, and if yes, which one?
virk #9
In reply to post ID 46652
Quote by turnermm:
At the risk of over-simplifying, why can't you just use Dokuwiki's footnoting markup.  The 'hidden' text is in the footnote at the bottom of the page, but when you run your mouse over the footnote number in the body of the document, the footnote text appears as in a tooltip.  See attached image.

Thank you Myron for your support. Our page would be full of footnotes and additionally I think I would always see everything. As described in my previous post, I would like to fade out everything but "bicycle".
virk #10
In reply to post ID 46646
Quote by Urfaust:
So you want to use a hash sign # to hide content instead of a plus sign +?

No, this is a misunderstanding. How the syntax to enable my required functionality (is this an english word? :-)) is done, I do not mind.
The "+"-character you mean probably results from the plugin folded, which we also use but for other purposes.

I will explain my "requirements" in other words: We use dokuwiki as a diary for projects. All taken decisions, phone calls, hints, emails, etc. are at least briefly written on a dokuwiki-page.
What I "need" is the possibility to "tag" entries as follows:

&&§§Bicycle:§§ 03.01.2015: Virk has bought the Speedbike 2014, because his friend told him to do so&&
&&§§Garden:§§ 04.01.2015: When I entered my garden this morning, all the potatoes were gone&&
05.01.2015: Nothing special happened
&&§§Bicycle:§§ 06.01.2015: Virk has asked for quotations for speedbikes with email 23344&&
&&§§Bicycle:§§ 07.01.2015: ...something else&&
&&§§Garden:§§ 07.01.2015: Potatoes are the girl's best friends&&
08.01.2015: Something is going to happen in Napier, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Now I would like to make one click, probably on a button "Bicycles", which I defined before, and the result would be:

&&§§Bicycle:§§ 03.01.2015: Virk has bought the Speedbike 2014, because his friend told him to do so&&
&&§§Bicycle:§§ 06.01.2015: Virk has asked for quotations for speedbikes with email 23344&&
&&§§Bicycle:§§ 07.01.2015: ...something else&&

By this I can "easily" trace the complete history of the component bicycle in this project.

Currently we use an individual sub-page "bicycle" for this purpose, to which we link from the main project page. But the problem is, that entries concerning "bicycle" are mostly made on page bicycle, but sometimes also on the main project page. This complicates the tracing.
The syntax, how to get this functionality, is absolutely unimportant. I think it could be a certain kind of tagging, but I did not find any plugin etc. up to now.
topic: Delete a Page (Recommended method not working for me)  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
virk #11
In reply to post ID 46641
I've been working with dokuwiki since a couple of years; no such bug known to me. Why do you assume a permission issue? Can you change only some content of the page? Does this also happen with new pages (in the same namespace)?
topic: Inhaltsverzeichnis dauerhaft im Seitenbereich einblenden  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
virk #12
In reply to post ID 46636
Ja, aber da hast Du kein weiteres Inhaltsverzeichnis der Seite selbst, oder?
virk #13
In reply to post ID 46607
Perhaps somebody has got an idea concerning my initial question?

Regards virk
topic: Structured data plugin: How to show a link in "datatable"  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
virk #14
In reply to post ID 46612
I just checked it out and it comes very close to my intention. Thank you!

But one question remains: I now have added a type alias called "pdf" with just a "-" in the suffix. In the data entry my line is:
link_img           : projekte:6300:buchhaltung:facturen_uit:34363_2014036_2089_gaastale.pdf| #

In the data table with ...w-uit_euro,link_pdf,note… in the definition line I see the pdf-icon plus the configured "-" of the type alias. I think to need this "-" because otherwise the complete filename is displayed. Is there a way to only show the icon?

In any case, thank a lot; a further step ahead for me.
topic: Structured data plugin: How to show a link in "datatable"  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
virk #15
In reply to post ID 46601
I attached a screenshot of my situation. In the column "link" you can see what I mean.

Kind regards

CORRECTION: I just saw, it is without the namespace, but unfortunately it is still too long. Just a pdf-icon would be nice. Is that possible somehow?
The author has attached one file to this post:
klapin.png 43.5 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
This post was edited on 2015-01-04, 19:43 by virk.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3 ... 19  20  21  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2015-02-28, 18:23:09 (UTC +01:00)