Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  next 

All posts by bbolman (18)

topic: Profile Fields  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
bbolman #1
Member since Oct 2006 · 18 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Profile Fields
I asked a few people before, and I didn't find a solution, so I figured I'd try again. Does anyone have any ideas on how to add new profile fields for users to edit? Maybe there is a plugin that exists to accomplish this or just a code hacking solution?

Thanks in advance.
topic: Cache Question  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
bbolman #2
Subject: Cache Question
This is a really novice question, but will any harm be done to my installation if I delete the contents of the "cache/" folder?
topic: Call Recent Revisions  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
bbolman #3
Subject: Call Recent Revisions
Is there a way I could add a call to the footer of my dokuwiki pages to show the, say, 5 most recent revisions? Thanks in advance.
topic: Edit Button  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
bbolman #4
In reply to post ID 3129
ah... actionlink. Didn't think about that. Thanks a bunch Andi.
bbolman #5
In reply to post ID 3126
I figured it out actually. Sorry.

My second question. It's probably a really stupid thing to do but I'm changing a lot of the classes that the original dokuwiki template uses to ones that make more sense to me. Since all main.php does is call <?php tpl_content()?>, is there any way to change the styling of that call other just than just changing design.css. I.e. I want to add in some more stuff there.
bbolman #6
Subject: Edit Button
Alright, because I'm really new to coding and I see this as the quickest way, to change the look of my dokuwiki, I'm changing all of the "recent changes" "old revisions" etc into straight links. Thus I can style these better. My problem is, I can't figure for the life of me what the link for the edit button is. I'm sure this is somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. So I was wondering if someone could give me a quick answer. for example: the "recent changes" button is <a href="http://www.romapedia.com/doku.php?do=recent" title="Recent">Recent Changes</a>
topic: Citations  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
bbolman #7
Subject: Citations
I saw citations in the Monobook theme for Dokuwiki, but I'm wondering, is there a write-up somewhere for adding a "citations" page for the different articles?
topic: Remove Table of Contents  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
bbolman #8
Subject: Remove Table of Contents
Is there a way to remove the table of contents for just one page (specifically my front page). I have it divided up into headers, but don't actually need a table of contents. Is there a way to do this within Dokuwiki, or is there a plugin or hack for this functionality?
topic: Need help on formatting (Within tables and other tags)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
bbolman #9
In reply to post ID 2652
This is something I was wondering about too. I would LOVE to use links inside of headers, and bold/italic/underline in headers too. Is there any current way to do this?
topic: Editing Toolbar Gone  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
bbolman #10
Subject: Editing Toolbar Gone
I was messing around with some configuration options and all of a sudden my editing toolbar has dissapeared. Is there an option to put it back, or has this happened to anyone else before?
topic: Dokuwiki and Forums  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
bbolman #11
In reply to post ID 2623
Wonderful! I was worried that I would have to start requiring registrations. This is a little unrelated, so if you want to Private Message the answer, but why do you use SMF over phpBB, bbPress, or other forum solutions?
topic: Dokuwiki and Forums  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
bbolman #12
In reply to post ID 2615
So this requires that all people are logged in to edit, correct?
bbolman #13
Subject: Dokuwiki and Forums
I know this forum runs on unclassified, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck getting authentication between dokuwiki and another forum software to work. (i.e. you log in one and are logged into the other) It would be even better if there was perhaps a plugin of some nature.

I know there are a few write-ups in the Tips and Tricks section, but they all seem a little outdated. So I guess I'm hoping for a newer, easy, perhaps plugin, way to integrate dokuwiki and a forum of some nature.
This post was edited on 2007-04-03, 03:09 by bbolman.
topic: Mysql  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
bbolman #14
In reply to post ID 2132
Well I must admit I was just going off assumption on the speed front, but if you go to my site (www.romapedia.com) it takes a really long time to load. Is this my server's fault? Is it perhaps the fault of the template I'm using? Once you navigate around for a little while it goes much quicker, but this initial load (especially on slower connections) really annoys my users. Is there something I can do to speed that process up?

What I meant is that to backup files I just download them all, but there are hundreds of text files and so this takes quite a while. Is there a faster way I don't know about?
topic: Mysql  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
bbolman #15
Subject: Mysql
Sorry if this has been asked before, but, is there any way to get Dokuwiki to use a Mysql DB instead of texts files? I love DokuWiki, but the text files run so much slower than systems that use mysql (like Mediawiki) do. I also have so many pages that backing up the files takes forever. Is there some sort of Dokuwikisql version or something along those lines? Thanks for any help.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-08, 03:33:18 (UTC +01:00)