Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by PJO (9)

topic: Your PHP seems to miss SSL support. Downloading will not work for many DokuWiki extensions.  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PJO #1
Member since Aug 2015 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Just to conclude this belatedly, for now:

It turned out that it was not possible to revert to earlier software. I had to uninstall again, then revert to the beta software (Webstation), after which dokuwiki worked again (following some other fix applied remotely by a tech to whom I gave temporary remote access). I haven't yet tried to update Dokuwiki. I'm not too keen on running apps on this hardware. It's not really up to it and in the longer term I want to run such things on a container or in a virtual machine to get away from these stupid interaction effects and Synology's "quality control".

Lesson learned: securing data on the Synology is not enough. It should not really be relied upon for any service other than file services.

My data was backed up but not my system image (there is no software for this built into the UI). I should have created an rsync job to back up the system image. I knew it was recoverable easily enough but with significant downtime if a factory reset is required.
topic: Your PHP seems to miss SSL support. Downloading will not work for many DokuWiki extensions.  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PJO #2
In reply to post ID 59281
I adapted the config file here: https://freedif.org/dokuwiki-host-your-own-wiki-on-your-se…

and replaced the dokuwiki.conf file. However, I have no idea if the .conf is significant or not (the article says a "dokuwiki" file not a "dokuwiki.conf" file).

It didn't change things. Meanwhile, I have found on the Synology forum where others have reported difficulties relating to the same software update which broke things:

I did the following to fix it

1 Uninstalled Apache 2.2 and 2.4
2 Uninstalled Web Station Beta
3 Unselected the show me beta version setting in the Package Center
4 Installed the vanilla Web Station from the Package Center
5 Re-installed Apache 2.2 and 2.4 from the Package Center
6 Started vanilla Web Station and I could configure my missing settings
7 Clear the auto-update option in the Web Station package settings
8 My sites are working again, phew!

I'm running the latest (beta) version of Webstation and it looks like I'll have to either wait or go through the rigamarole above. Alternatively, not use my Synology for this.
PJO #3
In reply to post ID 59278
Thanks, just getting back to this.

Openssl is enabled (checked with php -m)

My sites-enabled folder (/usr/local/etc/apache22/sites-enabled) contains a file called dokuwiki.conf with only the following:

<Directory "/var/services/web/dokuwiki">
    <IfModule fastcgi_module>
        AddHandler php-fastcgi .php .php3 .php4 .php5 .php7 .phtml
        Action php-fastcgi /php70-fpm-handler.fcgi
    </IfModule>
</Directory>

I think some changes are needed here.
PJO #4
In reply to post ID 59272
I'm using Linux. OpenSSL is installed and the extension is enabled.

In my case, like some others here, I'm using a Synology Diskstation which was borked by a software "upgrade". Fortunately, it's only something I was playing around with as a background project but Synology's lack of quality control over updates is worrying. I tried removing and reinstalling Dokuwiki and also switching to PhP 7, without result.

This may help if I can understand what's needed https://secure.php.net/manual/en/migration56.openssl.php
This post was edited on 2018-01-09, 13:15 by PJO.
PJO #5
In reply to post ID 58894
I have the same problem following unintentionally allowing DSM to install beta software. I now have two versions of Apache (2.2 and 2.4) and of MariaDB (5 and 10) and of PhP (5.6 and 7).

I have already got a commercial certificate installed for https but get the same error message when looking to update extensions

It seems that php.ini is missing some settings. See https://www.softaculous.com/board/index.…?tid=7440&t…

I tried setting the values for openssl.cafile and openssl.capth as follow, respectively to

/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem

and

/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem

in /usr/syno/etc/packages/WebStation/php56/php.ini and then in the WebStation PHP 5.6 Settings

-- restarting the web server (and dokuwiki). Neither resolved the problem, but I think I'm somewhere close.

The following command at a terminal prompt

$ php -r "print_r(openssl_get_cert_locations());"

yields

Array
(
    [default_cert_file] => /etc/ssl/cert.pem
    [default_cert_file_env] => SSL_CERT_FILE
    [default_cert_dir] => /etc/ssl/certs
    [default_cert_dir_env] => SSL_CERT_DIR
    [default_private_dir] => /etc/ssl/private
    [default_default_cert_area] => /etc/ssl
    [ini_cafile] =>
    [ini_capath] =>
)

even after I've tried to update these, so I'd guess I'm not making the changes in the right place. Perhaps it should be here:

/usr/local/etc/php56/php.ini

I'll try this tomorrow -- if it's not going to work I don't want to know just now.

Incidentally, the openssl and mcrypt boxes are checked in the WebStation's list of PhP extensions.
topic: NEW Plugin: Single sign-on with Joomla3 (Please test and leave feedback)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PJO #6
Subject: NEW Plugin: Single sign-on with Joomla3
Yesterday I put up a bounty to have a new plugin created to implement single sign-on authentication with Joomla3. (See earlier forum message).

Overnight a plugin has been created and is available for testing: https://github.com/snaiperskaya96/dokuwiki-authjoomla3-plu…

To make it work:
  - Download the source from github
  - Create a folder inside dokuwiki/lib/plugins called authjoomla3
  - Navigate to your doku wiki config page (doku.php?id=start&do=admin&page=config)
  - The first thing to do is to go to the Authentication page and change `Authentication backend` with authjoomla3. Do not save yet.
  - Scroll down to the last row and you should see `plugin authjoomla3 joomlaPath` there you have to specify a valid joomla3 installation path
  - Save and everything should work.

Now a few notes:

- Since we're using joomla users and group, I left the management to joomla itself, so you cannot add/delete/update users or groups from dokuwiki but instead you want to do it from joomla.
  - Joomla's `Super Users` and `Administrator` group are locally renamed (means it happens only on dokuwiki) to `admin` in order to make them administrator on DokuWiki without any other change.

I will test over the weekend but feedback is appreciated and welcome from anyone else to whom this may be useful.
topic: REWARD: Joomla 3 bridge for single sign-on (Bountysource funds committed; contributions welcome)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PJO #7
In reply to post ID 55091
Wow, that was quick. I'll have a go over the weekend. Thanks!

I think I may have made a mistake in not forking the original repository ... will see. (I did this in a hurry; not sure if owner has to close issue in order for Bountysource to pay out).

BTW adding/deleting/updating users within Joomla is perfectly fine, indeed expected. All that's needed is single sign-on authentication.

Update: looks like all you have to do is claim and I can just accept it (see https://github.com/bountysource/core/wiki/Frequently-Asked…; don't see any mandatory link with closing original issue).

I would like this to be usable by everybody so would like to get additional feedback from other DokuWiki users, but if it works for me that'll do for now. I have had a need to add a wiki, preferably DokuWiki, to a Joomla site for quite a while.
This post was edited on 2017-01-06, 11:40 by PJO.
topic: REWARD: Joomla 3 bridge for single sign-on (Bountysource funds committed; contributions welcome)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PJO #8
Subject: REWARD: Joomla 3 bridge for single sign-on
There is still a need, evidenced by recurring discussion here https://forum.dokuwiki.org/forum.php?req=search&Query=…, for a Joomla or DokuWiki extension to permit single sign-on to both Joomla and DokuWiki.

For some time jfusion, intended as a general purpose solution, worked with versions of Joomla prior to v3. Jfusion3 (for Joomla v3) appears to have been abandoned -- though code remains on github if anyone is interested.

In the hope that it might be possible to revive a solution for just Joomla and DokuWiki, sooner rather later, I have offered to help fund an open source solution:

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/40646851-needs-to-be-u…

I believe it would be good for both Joomla and DokuWiki if a simple solution was available, documented and readily usable by all.

Bountysource works by funding solutions to existing issues in Github. I've chosen to file an issue with the original solution, but I don't really care whether the result is a new solution, an update to the original, a fork of jfusion, or a tested and documented solution using AuthPDO (see earlier discussions) -- as long as it meets this long standing need.

If this is something that would be of interest you can help make it happen sooner by contributing a few dollars toward the Bounty.

I don't know if Bountysource has been used before to try to unblock something DokuWiki related. Comments welcome.
topic: [joomla 3.x] bridge (how to set up a bridge for joomla)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
PJO #9
In reply to post ID 50789
Did you find a satisfactory solution?

I tried Jfusion but have given up waiting for it to come out of beta. I don't even remember much about now it was so long ago that I tried the first 3.0 beta but I do recall that it was now a one man operation and it seemed too fragile to rely on, compounded by an apparently unsupportive attitude to Dokuwiki from the developer -- who clearly has other priorities.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 08:15:35 (UTC +01:00)