Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3 ... 7  8  9  next 

All posts by pop (123)

topic: LaTeX plugin bringt Fehlermeldung  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
pop #1
Member since Nov 2016 · 123 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Das Upgrade-Plugin funktioniert auf meinen zwei Synology-Servern. Apt scheint nicht installiert zu sein.
topic: Fehlermeldung auf Seite "sidebar"  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
pop #2
In reply to post ID 66127
Die dumme Frage des Tages wäre natürlich, warum Du die Sidebar-Seite anzeigst. Sie stellt ja nur ein Hilfsmittel dar, nämlich den Inhalt des linken Navigationsbereichs der normalen Seiten. Sie hat kein eigenständiges Leben.

Unter diesem Aspekt scheint es mir nicht so wichtig, wie sie angezeigt wird, wenn sie nicht als Teil einer anderen Seite angezeigt wird.
topic: Fragen eines Neueinsteigers als Entscheidungshilfe, ob DokuWiki das richtige Werkzeug ist.  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
pop #3
In reply to post ID 66112
Quote by Annel:
Quote by eve:
3. Das Hidden Plugin ist wohl genau das was ich gesucht habe.

Eve suchte heute ein Plugin für Formeln.

mathpublish ?
topic: Fragen eines Neueinsteigers als Entscheidungshilfe, ob DokuWiki das richtige Werkzeug ist.  in the forum: Non-English Discussion German discussion
pop #4
In reply to post ID 66108
Auf die Schnelle kann ich diese Plugins finden, die (nach der Beschreibung zu urteilen)  das oder etwas Ähnliches zu tun scheinen:

togglewrap, hidden, Outliner, Folded, foldablelist, sectiontoggle
topic: More Plugin Information In Extension Manager (Extension Manager Improvements)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
pop #5
In reply to post ID 66073
Quote by bobaroo:
the arguably non-intuitive nature of the software.

I wish you good luck and I suggest looking for another software that better covers your needs.

You call yourself a newby and yet you feel you have to criticize the software and the many makers, most of whom created this software free of charge. You accuse their work of not being state of the art.

Still, in your first post you mention the Extension Manager, so you seem to have been able to locate this. But when I tell you to open Configuration Settings, which is on the same Admin page and just one line below the Extension Manager, you complain about incomplete directions.

I don't believe you will profit much from this software and not from any advice received here.

I will not waste my or your time any more by contributing to this thread.

I apologize to the fine folk who run this valuable forum for letting this thread escalate that far. I am truly sorry.
topic: More Plugin Information In Extension Manager (Extension Manager Improvements)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
pop #6
In reply to post ID 66081
Quote by bobaroo:
Strangely enough, and rather running against every expectation, it's called "links" and can be found in the page "configuration settings"
Is this how you describe things to a newbie?  Where its found and how to get there would have been helpful.  I would have been more precise, but that's just me.

Certainly.

As you want to administrate your wiki, you click on the link labelled "admin".

You want to see the page "configuration settings". In order to do so, click on the link with the text "configuration settings".

In order to locate the section named "links", you can either click on the link with the text "links" in the TOC of the page, or you can scroll down until you can read the title "links". On the other hand, if you have yet learned how to use the search function of your browser, you let it search for the term "links".

In other words, you open the page "configuration settings" and locate the section "links", as I've written above.
pop #7
In reply to post ID 66077
Quote by bobaroo:
Reinventing the wheel is the basic problem.

Now, where is that configuration setting for following links?

Strangely enough, and rather running against every expectation, it's called "links" and can be found in the page "configuration settings". Even more strange, this software follows a rather ancient custom of providing a user manual.
pop #8
In reply to post ID 66073
Quote by bobaroo:
...Having to learn another way of doing things, in this case right-clicking and choosing to open in new tab, is non-intuitive and an unnecessary step.  Good programming would have obviously allowed a setting to open non-personal-wiki links in new tabs automatically ....

What is obvious to you may not be an adequate solution to others. The programmer might have had another use case in mind, or another work flow.
If it's any consolation, DokuWiki can be configured how to follow links. However, that seems to apply to the content of the wiki and not to the various plugins. I used to be capable of good programming, but I would not presume to know whether this was by design or a mere oversight.

Anyway, what's wrong with learning how to use your browser to its potential? It took me all of a few minutes to learn that my current browser uses either a middle-klick or a CONTROL-klick to open a link in a new tab. Hey, presto, there I am, using tens of websites much more conveniently. Writing your grumbles here took much longer than learning that.

Besides, I wonder what the use of sorting plugins by popularity is. In what way does it help me to know that one plugin has been more often installed or not installed, unless I know what kind of problems the other users were hoping to solve? Anyway, how do you measure popularity of a plugin?
pop #9
In reply to post ID 66057
Quote by Michaelsy:
Quote by pop:
Up to now, I always found the people in this forum very helpful and unvaryingly polite.
Sorry, I have removed the problematic and unnecessary sentence.

I am sorry, Michael. It was not your sentence that I objected to. I should not have replied in anger. My fault.
pop #10
In reply to post ID 66053
You could have a look into the manual of your browser. I'm quite positive that you can press some modifier key before klicking on a link to open the link in a new tab. Mine can do that.

Up to now, I always found the people in this forum very helpful and unvaryingly polite.
topic: SPAM Alerting (current thread)  in the forum: Offtopic Forum Help
pop #11
In reply to post ID 65887
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/65950
Done while you were writting your post ;-)
Merci !
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2019-05-10, 12:45 by pop.
topic: Create directory listing of top-level namespaces file only?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
pop #12
In reply to post ID 65946
There's also the include plugin which can list the pages within a namespace.
pop #13
In reply to post ID 65851
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/65883

Many thanks to the person or persons who consistently delete all that stuff.
This post was edited on 2019-05-06, 14:29 by pop.
pop #14
In reply to post ID 65757
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/65759
topic: catlist (namespace not found)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
pop #15
In reply to post ID 65717
I have never used this plugin. However, I think you should drop the parentheses from the namespace specification. If this doesn't work, I'd add the syntax for a relative namespace.

Hence:

<catlist surface: -displayList -noHeadTitle -noHead -noAddPageButton -sortDescending>

or

<catlist .:surface: -displayList -noHeadTitle -noHead -noAddPageButton -sortDescending>

might do the trick.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3 ... 7  8  9  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-27, 13:54:12 (UTC +02:00)