All posts by pop (87)

topic: SPAM Alerting (current thread)  in the forum: Offtopic Forum Help
pop #1
Member since Nov 2016 · 87 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/65317
Done, thx -- Schplurtz
This post was edited on 2019-03-18, 12:09 by schplurtz.
topic: Examples for the <wrap> plugin  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
pop #2
In reply to post ID 65302
The image you refer to shows lots of examples along with the code which produces them.

The attached snippet shows first how to do a three columns layout, then it shows how to render a line that looks like a header:
The author has attached one file to this post:
Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-03-16 21-33-41.png 18.4 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
topic: How to begin creating my layout?  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
pop #3
In reply to post ID 65289
Start with making a page with the name "sidebar" and see what happens.
pop #4
In reply to post ID 65274
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/65268
pop #5
In reply to post ID 65217
Everything by this user: https://forum.dokuwiki.org/user/47235
topic: How to Indent without creating a Code Block  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
pop #6
In reply to post ID 65230
It is part of the Dokuwiki syntax that any line beginning with spaces is rendered as a block of code. Hence, it would be best if you could ask the programmer who fixed the Word2DokuWiki macro to fix this as well.  Leading spaces in a line should, therefore, be translated into something else.

However, you should first decide what the macro is to do in this case.

You could simply drop all the leading spaces. This would cause your text to look like all the other text.

Or you could decide and indent the text starting with spaces. In this case, the Word2DokuWiki macro should wrap either each line or each group of lines with the same number of spaces in front into "<WRAP indent> .... </WRAP>
topic: How to Indent without creating a Code Block  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
pop #7
In reply to post ID 65227
I don't think there's much you can do once the files are in the wiki.

I would suggest to look at first at the visual basic script which does the conversion. Can't you change it to avoid leading spaces at all?

Secondly, there are text editors which are quite good at this sort of things. I recently detected Bluefish, a text editor which lets specify search and replace operations with Regular Expressions and which can apply the same set of changes to a great number of files at the same time. It's blindingly fast, and I used it to remove false line breaks and hyphenations to sets of fifty files at a time.

I would think that this kind of editor might be useful to either correct the wrong markup or to insert markup such as the wrap tags.
pop #8
In reply to post ID 65209
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/16798

--done.  M.T.
This post was edited on 2019-03-09, 23:21 by turnermm.
topic: Bureaucracy and Struct plugins: error message when creating page  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
pop #9
Subject: Bureaucracy and Struct plugins: error message when creating page
I have installed the Bureaucracy and Struct plugins. Using Bureaucracy with the template action, I can add a page with its associated struct data fields. Both the page and its data are added correctly. They are accessible and appear in queries.

However, when I use the "submit" button, the form displays at the top this error message:
Warning: preg_split() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /volume1/web/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 289 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /volume1/web/dokuwiki/inc/parserutils.php on line 289
The bottom of the page with the form displays the link to the newly created page.

I haven't the foggiest notion about how to make that error message go away. Since both data and page are correctly added, I tend to think that it's merely a cosmetic problem.
pop #10
In reply to post ID 65091
https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/16795
Thx. I took care of this -- Schplurtz
This post was edited on 2019-03-08, 11:01 by schplurtz.
topic: How many pages can dokuwiki contain without noticeable performance loss?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
pop #11
In reply to post ID 65095
My wiki runs on a rather slow Synology Disk Station DS115j. It holds about 3500 pages of text and about the same number of images.

Using the texts is not noticeably slower than when the wiki was close to empty. Managing the media (adding images to the collection) is definitely sluggish, but showing a small number of images at a time runs crisply.

Searching is really fast. The Wiki maintains an index.

I moved the whole Wiki to a Banana Pi (similar to a Raspberry Pi) for testing. It was much faster than the Synology, presumably on account of the solid state storage used by the Pi.
topic: make own template to new page  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
pop #12
In reply to post ID 65038
Quote by hj:
...Yes,I noticed the examples didn't use a .txt extension.  But then it didn't explicitly say you shouldn't use a .txt suffix, either - and as other site templates do seem to be required with a .txt suffix, it made sense to me that all templates would require it, ....

If @elcro is right, Dokuwiki is looking for a file named cavetemplate.txt.txt which doesn't exist. That would mean that the extension of the template is the same as any other page in the wiki, and that you don't give the extension in the action line of the bureaucracy form (because it's always the same, perhaps).

Ah, and it might be wiser to learn first and criticize later. :-)
topic: make own template to new page  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
pop #13
In reply to post ID 65026
Quote by Digitalin:
...pop seems to think differently,  ....

There's a mechanism called "page template" or "namespace template", depending on where you look.

You place a file called _template.txt or __template.txt into the directory holding the pages of the wiki or one of the subdirectories. The "base wiki" will use this template whenever you start a new page. The template may contain placeholders which then will be replaced when instantiating the page.

I use the term "base wiki" because this mechanism is in force by the wiki without adding any plugins.  The name _template.txt (with one or two leading underscores, depending on its scope) is given by the "base wiki" but can be overridden in the configuration (I believe).

What the bureaucracy plugin does is quite similar, but it's not invoked in the same way and the bit of software which then calls the template might even be different.

The error message which says "Maybe it doesn't exist or you have no read permissions?" merely says that the software can not access the file. It may or may not be a permission issue. In your case, I'd say the software looks in another directory or expects another file name.

Which directory (namespace) holds the page with the bureaucracy form, and where is your template located?
pop #14
In reply to post ID 65021
I have not analyzed the problem in depth, but I would question the use of the underscore at the beginning of the template name. Try using a template name which does not begin with an underscore.

Actually, I believe that the name "_template.txt" ought to be used for page templates which are quite another thing and has nothing to do with bureaucracy.
topic: Is adding specific content automatically possible?  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
pop #15
In reply to post ID 64987
I think a page template (also known as namespace template) might be useful:
https://www.dokuwiki.org/namespace_templates

Note that it's not the same as an installable template which lets you tailor the look of your wiki.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-03-20, 02:30:14 (UTC +01:00)