Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  next 

All posts by djSupport (57)

topic: [SOLVED] AUTHPHPBB3 broken after update  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
djSupport #1
Member since Jun 2009 · 57 posts · Location: Nuneaton - Warwickshire - England
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
It overwrote the config file in its specific config file in the plugins directory and was pointing to a different sub directory (a common one and not my unique one!) it's been changed and is now working again!
topic: [SOLVED] AUTHPHPBB3 broken after update  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
djSupport #2
Subject: [SOLVED] AUTHPHPBB3 broken after update
I update the AUTHPHPBB3 plugin from the admin section and now all I get is this, any ideas? Can't see anyone else having the same issues...

[Image: http://www.freestylersupport.com/Capture.PNG]
This post was edited on 2019-04-23, 23:48 by djSupport.
topic: Update failure ucwords() - SOLVED  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
djSupport #3
In reply to post ID 60399
Sorry, I saw a post elsewhere regarding something else and had to apply php 5.6 at least and as soon as I did it fixed it!
topic: Update failure ucwords() - SOLVED  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
djSupport #4
Subject: Update failure ucwords() - SOLVED
I've just upgraded my dokuwiki as I do every other time by downloading the changed files only and uploading this to site, now I cannot see me wiki with the error "Warning: ucwords() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in *****wiki/inc/ActionRouter.php on line 182"
and the generic error message of "DokuWiki Setup Error
Something unforseen has happened: Infinite loop in actions"

And ideas?
This post was edited on 2018-04-23, 15:51 by djSupport.
topic: Fake registrations (Captcha not completely effective)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
djSupport #5
In reply to post ID 39691
Removed
This post was edited on 2013-07-28, 01:18 by djSupport.
topic: Fake registrations (Captcha not completely effective)  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
djSupport #6
In reply to post ID 39690
bad registration that is!
djSupport #7
In reply to post ID 39479
I can't quite remember what I did but haven't had a single registration since all I did was modify the registration form...
djSupport #8
In reply to post ID 38511
Can I just add out of the multiple registrations I get which are 100% of the time fake, only one has created a page (and that's out of hundreds)
djSupport #9
In reply to post ID 38498
So your just changing the html elements id. I'm learning php from the beginning now and I love being investigative so i may try and tackle an anti spam plugin one day! I'm learning reasonable well its just I'd probably get more confused how plugins interact with the software there plugging into...
djSupport #10
In reply to post ID 38497
I'm at work at the moment I'm on my mobile phone off hand where it says "name="

i have just added 3 letters to the end,
djSupport #11
In reply to post ID 38495
They would have to work harder to find that then your plugin that would have the same vars on every installation? Yet mine are not contained in the vars, does that make sense? (I'm learning!!)
djSupport #12
In reply to post ID 38493
I believe I had, but anyway can bots get the values contained in them vars so they know what the random characters are?
djSupport #13
In reply to post ID 38472
So, although this is only working for the last two days it so far seems to be working... All I've done is add some extra characters to the form elements id and name of the elements, which in turn and I've only started my lynda.com php training assume that this means the bot cannot correctly autofill the elements as it doesn't know what element applies to what.... Does that make sense? Well I'll update ya'll if it continues to stop spam registrations....
This post was edited on 2013-05-08, 15:39 by djSupport.
Edit reason: missed "id"
djSupport #14
In reply to post ID 38469
And that's essentialy what I'm saying!
djSupport #15
In reply to post ID 38467
Hey Andi,
please relax while this is your software many of us have limited or basic knowledge of 1 web sites as a whole and 2 how dokuwiki works.
I was just trying to use what I think I currently understand about web sites perhaps in a way to trigger an idea in someone's head, we're all in this together plus multiple people aiming for a common goal is better than no-one! If I can helpful. In anyway I will just tell me what you'd like me to do if it involves adding extra code to understand these spam registrations and make it useful for us to diagnose a soloution then let me know!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:10:25 (UTC +01:00)