Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by kruffalon (2)

topic: Creating a list of Employees using Struct Plugin.  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
kruffalon #1
Member since Oct 2017 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi, would you mind sharing your finds?

I really don't understand how to populate my data. I can only insert one row of data into the db :(

Update
Ok, I figured out a way that also makes sense using the catlist plugin.

In the aggregate page "wiki/lists/commander_skills" I add the code:

===== Add a Commander Skill =====
<catlist lists:commander_skills: -excluPage:"lists:commander_skills:" -addPageButtonEach -noHead>

This generates an empty list without a header but with an add-page button.

/Kruffalon
This post was edited on 2017-10-29, 12:56 by kruffalon.
topic: A few questions, related to: storing non-wiki text files, json as a back end, etc...  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
kruffalon #2
Member since Oct 2017 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: A few questions, related to: storing non-wiki text files, json as a back end, etc...
Hi,

I'm very new to DokuWiki (just installed it 4 hours ago) so please be very detailed when you answer.

I'm starting a wiki for a game.

One part of this is having up to date basic information of the game (units, etc),  I would like this part of the wiki to be handled by php-scripts and a set of json-files with data. (I want the json-files so that I can publish them for other players to create other tools.)

I'm imagining the workflow to gather and present the data to be something like this:

• use a set of forms (with the help of the bureaucracy-plugin) to gather data - these are not on the actual information pages
  • the bureaucracy-plugin has a script as the action.
  • this script will manage a set of json-files and a set of wiki-page-parts.

And the workflow to present the data to be:

• Include the generated wiki-page-parts as a non-editable part of the real pages where registered wiki users can add comments, tips, etc

My questions:

• where in the dokuwiki filetree can I store the json-files (they need to be accessible both to custom php-scripts and directly)?
  • where in the dokuwiki-filetree do I store custom php-scripts?
  • does doku-wiki have support wiki-page-parts and
    • if it does: can you point me to the part of the manual where they are explained?
    • if it doesn't: is there any other dokuwiki-way to accomplish the same thing?
  • does dokuwiki have support for non-editable parts of pages?

Ok, hopefully I'm making myself clear enough for you all to be able to help me. I recognize that there is a big chance that I'm over-complicating things so feel free to give tips on a different approach too (the json-file production is a requirement, but if it's better to use another tool for that and then just read the data somehow that works too, and I'll gladly accept pointers for that).
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 07:36:58 (UTC +01:00)