Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by Restless (4)

topic: Getting the name of a media file  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
Restless #1
User title: Restless
Member since Jan 2018 · 4 posts · Location: Richmond, TX
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Thank you very much!
topic: Getting the name of a media file  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
Restless #2
Subject: Getting the name of a media file
In a plugin I want to be able to read and manipulate the contents of an uploaded media file.  How do I get the filesystem filename of the media file in my plugin, when right now it seems all I can get is the namespace and filename within the wiki?

For instance, if I have a media file titled
:user:somemediafile.svg
I want to be able to convert it to
/var/www/html/path/to/my/wiki/data/media/user/somemediafile.svg
or whatever the equivalent on that server is.

Thank you!
topic: Random generator plugin? (Is there a plugin that lets you do something like random-generator.com?)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
Restless #3
Subject: Random generator plugin?
Hello!

I have a couple Dokuwikis (at work, at home), and I am building one for the content for an old-school D&D game I am planning on running soon.  It is going to hold all the game information, rules and content, but also I'd like to build the tools into the wiki itself.

Of course, a lot of RPGs is tables and random generation, sometimes using nested tables to build more complex information.  There are tools to do this, of course (Inspiration Pad Pro, Tablesmith, etc), but I'd love to be able to incorporate this into the wiki where it can leverage all the other content I am building.  There is an example of some of the things I'd like to do at random-generator.com, for instance, things like this page that generates random dungeon rooms.  If you look at the source, you can see that it uses weighted tables in the page itself, and can even include tables from other pages (so you can have utility tables that you use in other pages).

Is there a plugin that's like this?  Thank you!
topic: Return include plugin result in a string for another program?  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
Restless #4
Subject: Return include plugin result in a string for another program?
I would like to have something like the include plugin, but rather it's a PHP function, library, command-line plugin or what have you that when I call it the formatted text of the page or section that I request is returned.  I'd like this so I could take parts of a wiki and incorporate the information there into another framework (or perhaps even an application).

Is there any such beast?  I figured I'd ask first before I go lay on the mechanic's creeper and roll under one of my wiki installs to start poking at the innards, especially if there is a stock (or almost-stock) solution.

Thank you!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 20:02:35 (UTC +01:00)