Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by snuffy (10)

topic: Images don't show  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
snuffy #1
Member since Jan 2018 · 10 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Long dead post I know, but for others this is still relevant as it just happened to me too. Not sure how I added a blank line into this file but removing it immediately resolved the problem. No restart required.
topic: authldap working with LDAP, but when switch to LDAPS it fails  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #2
In reply to post ID 66215
Hi, erm yes... 636, sorry, typo. Telnet connects with the same result as with 389 port.

If the settings I provided are the only location of settings required I'll look to the AD server and other systems that may use LDAPS service on that server to verify functionality. I will need speak to colleagues that manage that server.

Thanks FosseWay.
topic: authldap working with LDAP, but when switch to LDAPS it fails  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #3
Subject: authldap working with LDAP, but when switch to LDAPS it fails
Hi, I have configured LDAP and it's working great. However now when I attempt to change the LDAP type (see commented line below) to ldaps and port 636 it fails to connect: "Can't contact LDAP server [auth.php:592]".

I can telnet to the LDAP server on 389 and 386 636, so assume this test means that it's listening on that port. The LDAP server is an Active Directory server.

I have read the docs and examples but must be overlooking something? Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'm new to this.

$conf['authtype'] = 'authldap';

#$conf['plugin']['authldap']['server'] = 'ldap://10.0.0.10:389';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['server'] = 'ldaps://10.0.0.10:636';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree'] = 'OU=ACMECo,DC=ACMECo,DC=net';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['grouptree'] = 'OU=ACMECo Groups,OU=ACMECo,DC=ACMECo,DC=net';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['userfilter'] = '(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%{user}))';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['groupfilter'] = '(&(objectClass=*)(member=%{dn}))';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['binddn'] = 'CN=Dokuwiki,OU=ACMECo Service Accounts,OU=ACMECo,DC=ACMECo,DC=net';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['bindpw'] = 'Y7q9iTdfghdfhgdfhgde587cn';

# This is optional but may be required for your server:
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['version']    = 3;

# This is optional and is required to be off when using Active Directory:
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['referrals']  = 0;

$conf['plugin']['authldap']['debug'] = 1;
This post was edited on 2019-05-22, 12:46 by snuffy.
topic: Searchindex Manager plugin not working, unsure how to troubleshoot? Docker (Noob, I've probably overlooked something.)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #4
Subject: Searchindex Manager plugin not working, unsure how to troubleshoot? Docker
Hi, I Installed the latest Bitnami Dokuwiki docker container (https://bitnami.com/stack/dokuwiki) and everything works fine so far... apart from "Searchindex Manager" plugin.  I'm new to Docker, so it could be my lack of knowledge for how to get it working, and you may say "unsupported installation method, we can't/won't help", however it could just be something simple I'm overlooking.

Error messages below. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be amazing. If I've overlooked some obvious concept and reason why this won't work please tell me. It seems to suggest that there's a missing file/directory? But unsure of what should or shouldn't be visible? Is there some setting I need to enable to allow the files to be visible by Docker or something?

Thanks.

The browser console shows: http://wikidev/lib/plugins/searchindex/ajax.php 500 (Internal Server Error).

Portainer logs show the following:

[Wed May 15 10:59:21.845556 2019] [php7:warn] [pid 57] [client 192.168.70.152:20328] PHP Warning: require_once(/bitnami/dokuwiki/inc/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /bitnami/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/searchindex/ajax.php on line 16, referer: http://wikidev/doku.php/start?do=admin&page=searchindex

[Wed May 15 10:59:21.845608 2019] [php7:error] [pid 57] [client 192.168.70.152:20328] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/bitnami/dokuwiki/inc/init.php' (include_path='.http:/opt/bitnami/php/lib/php') in /bitnami/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/searchindex/ajax.php on line 16, referer: http://wikidev/doku.php/start?do=admin&page=searchindex
192.168.70.152 - - [15/May/2019:10:59:21 +0000] "POST /lib/plugins/searchindex/ajax.php HTTP/1.1" 500 -
topic: [Solved] Correct file & folder permissions?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #5
In reply to post ID 63713
Thanks, I've learnt a little bit more here. Have set permissions as read write and execute for both owner and group... didn't know how to set it just for files. It all appears to be working as expected so far.
topic: [Solved] Correct file & folder permissions?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #6
Subject: [Solved] Correct file & folder permissions?
I have migrated from a windows to a Linux server and now don't think my permissions are correct. I created a tar.gz on Windows of my 'data' dir and unzipped it over the top of an existing new install:

sudo tar xvzf /share/data.tar.gz -C /var/www/dokuwiki-2018-04-22a/

I then did:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data data

I can create and edit pages, as well as see all my old pages, but not sure what the directories and files permissions should be. I have read https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:permissions but don't fully understand it. Different forum posts and how-to guides all seem to set different permissions!

I can use chmod and chown but am not a Linux expert, and some of the permissions concepts are lost on me.

Should the 'data' dir and all its contents be owned by the www-data user and only that user should have read, write, and execute? Do users of the site, i.e. users on the web need to have read access? or should it be -rwx------ for files and drwx------ for directories ?

Do I need to set dmod and fmod to the same permissions?

Thanks.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2018-11-25, 18:08 by snuffy.
topic: [SOLVED] Migrated to new instance, copied attic dir - revision history not available  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #7
In reply to post ID 63672
Thanks @LMS23, the hint about the 'meta' folder was what I needed.

Used the following robocopy command with /E for recursive, and /copyall to copy timestamps and permissions.

Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\pages C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\pages /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\attic C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\attic /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\meta C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\meta /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\media C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\media /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\media_attic C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\media_attic /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\media_meta  C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\media_meta /E /copyall

I now have the previous history for pages and for media.

Thanks.
This post was edited on 2018-11-24, 09:14 by snuffy.
topic: [SOLVED] Migrated to new instance, copied attic dir - revision history not available  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
snuffy #8
Subject: [SOLVED] Migrated to new instance, copied attic dir - revision history not available
Hi, I moved my dokuwiki to a fresh install, Greebo to Greebo on Windows. I copied across the following dirs from the 'data' dir:

- attic
- pages
- media
- media_attic

I can see the pages just fine, but there is no previous revision history of page changes. The revisions page shows one entry:

2018-06-07 09:13  clients:newclient:start (external edit) (current)

I then copied across cache, media_meta, meta, but the same, no revision history.

Am I missing something? I thought from reading other posts that the history is stored in the attic dir, and copying that should restore the history? Does it rely on file timestamps or something? File ownership seems to be the same between the two.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2018-11-21, 18:31 by snuffy.
topic: authldap: multiple usertree and multiple grouptree (Multiple usertree and grouptree into LDAP Auth plugin: Active Directory)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
snuffy #9
In reply to post ID 59598
Our users were in two physical locations, so we were able to use the following based on their IP addresses:

if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "65.65.65.65" || $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "10.10.10.5") {
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company - India,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['grouptree']   = 'ou=Users,ou=company - India,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
} else {
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company - UK,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
    $conf['plugin']['authldap']['grouptree']   = 'ou=Users,ou=company - UK,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
}
topic: authldap: multiple usertree and multiple grouptree (Multiple usertree and grouptree into LDAP Auth plugin: Active Directory)  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins Plugin Wishlist
snuffy #10
In reply to post ID 44694
I realise this is a few years old, I'm facing the same requirement... multiple OUs.

I need to do this:

$conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company- UK,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';
$conf['plugin']['authldap']['usertree']    = 'ou=Users,ou=company- India,dc=company-IT,dc=LAN';

And the same for 'grouptree'

Two OUs at the same top level, directly under the company level, so no common parent OU.

Any suggestions? Does the authAD plugin permit this usecase?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 01:11:55 (UTC +02:00)