Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by vicentmas (4)

topic: Spam through private forum messaging  in the forum: Announcements and Rules
vicentmas #1
Member since Feb 2018 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
This thread is spam: https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/15591
topic: large single wiki vs farm of small wikis  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
vicentmas #2
In reply to post ID 59654
Hi!

140k pages is my most pessimistic estimation, but it could happen in the future. Information in the wiki should be private to every department (information of global interest has its own place) so accordingly to your answer farming fits well in my case and solves the problem of slow searching too. That's just great. I'll definitely try dokuwiki.

Thanks a lot for your help!

PS: thanks also for your last advice about moving between farm and single wiki if required.
topic: large single wiki vs farm of small wikis  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
vicentmas #3
In reply to post ID 59597
I forgot to mention/clarify a couple of details:

- as the documentation will not be available from the Internet (as I mentioned the wiki is for internal use) the number of visitors would be small
- the number of regular authors per department would probably be small too, no more than three regular contributors are expected

Please, tell me if you need more details in order to answer my questions.

Thanks again.
vicentmas #4
Subject: large single wiki vs farm of small wikis
I'd like to install a wiki engine in my organization. Its departments should use the wiki for creating and managing internal (non visible from the Internet) documentation (normally non technical documentation as the organization belongs to the local government and most of work here is administrative). There are about 70 departments with an average of 10 members. I expect that every department would manage about 2000 pages.

I'd like to know if DokuWiki fits well in this scenario or on the contrary it cannot scale well to that number of documents.

My second question is: if the wiki described about is too large for DokuWiki, would it help to create a farm of wikis? In other words, would it help to have a farm with about 70 animals (and about 2000 pages per animal) instead of a large single wiki?

TIA
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-03-21, 17:35:38 (UTC +01:00)