Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 

All posts by hemmerling (88)

topic: "[img]http://hemmerling.free.fr/lib/images/smileys/icon_smile.gif[/img]" appears in messages on foreign forum servers ?!  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
hemmerling #1
User title: Rolf Hemmerling, Germany
Member since Jul 2009 · 88 posts · Location: Hannover, Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: "[img]http://hemmerling.free.fr/lib/images/smileys/icon_smile.gif[/img]" appears in messages on foreign forum servers ?!
hello,
with my major computer,
with Firefox 46, on Win7
if I type a smilie at a special website,
somehow this smilie is replaced by the URL of the smilies GIFs of my website
http://hemmerling.free.fr/,
so that in messages both me + other people who receive and watch the messsages, just see the display of a sort of "broken link",
[img]http://hemmerling.free.fr/lib/images/smileys/icon_smile.gif[/img]
is displayed where I originally entered ":-)".
Indeed, on my server, the URL and the GIF exists.

Of course this other website doesn´t know about my hemmerling.free.fr website,
nor does it happen on other freshly-installed computers with Win10 and browsers on that computers, AFAIK.

Any explanation?
Any suggestion how to turn this off ?
I also have an installation of Dokuwiki on that computer, but the URL is valid and the GIF that of my server.
http://hemmerling.free.fr/lib/images/smileys/icon_smile.gif

I checked the Internet but found no clue
https://www.google.de/search?q=lib%2Fimages%2Fsmileys%2Fic…
, especially not in in articles of this forum.
Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely
Rolf
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2016-10-08, 14:50 by hemmerling.
topic: How many content pages are you handling with DokuWiki ? (Size matters :-).)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
hemmerling #2
Subject: How many content pages are you handling with DokuWiki ?
How big is your DokuWiki website ?
How many content pages are you handling with DokuWiki ?

By this I don´t mean the number of files in the filesystem, but the contents pages ( e.g. "pagename.html.txt" or "pagename.txt" ) :-) in the subdirectory "/data/pages".

If you should download or upload the .txt content files by FTP, the FTP client usually tells you the number of ( expected ) download / upload files of the "/data/pages" directory and its subdirectories.

This poll does not ask for the total size of the website ( which might be mainly caused by many big image files )...

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: "- See more at..." is included in a copy+paste operation from DokuWiki ("- See more at:" appears at the end of text copied from Dokuwiki pages)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
hemmerling #3
In reply to post ID 39274
Here, somebody else had this problem too

WordPress › Support » Plugins and Hacks
[resolved] Copying text on my site adds this --> See more at: URL/#sthash.3H02zndT.dpuf
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/copying-text-on-my-site…

So its not Apache, nor DokuWii, but the ShareThis plugin,
due to an annying beta feature which they turned on against the will of the customers:

See here how to deactivate:
http://support.sharethis.com/customer/portal/articles/9619…

Its on-topic for Dokuwiki and other CMS systems too, as "we" include the ShareThis code on each of our pages ( or not ).

Problem solved - but just after reading this one-and-only article above..

Sincerely
Rolf
This post was edited on 2013-06-26, 00:07 by hemmerling.
topic: "- See more at..." is included in a copy+paste operation from DokuWiki ("- See more at:" appears at the end of text copied from Dokuwiki pages)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
hemmerling #4
Subject: "- See more at..." is included in a copy+paste operation from DokuWiki
Since some time,

on my local DokuWiki,

I get the message
"- See more at: http://localhost:8502/content/doku.php?id=en:test.html"
included in a copy+paste operation ( mark parts of a DokuWiki page, ctrl-c on Windows, switch to editor application, ctrl-v to paste the contents )
at the end of the copied contents.

This did not happen from the start
I reinstalled my operating system, now Windows 7, with same copy of Dokuwiki installation data, and even then it did not happen from the start (again)

Of course it does NOT happen if I paste data from other websites...

By what did I activate this feature ? Is it a feature at all ?
MIght it be a feature of the Apache server I am running ? I am using XAMPP.
How to get rid of this ?

Sincerely
Rolf
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2013-06-25, 15:21 by hemmerling.
topic: How to do a time-efficient Dokuwiki upgrade ? (Best practices wanted)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
hemmerling #5
In reply to post ID 38015
Thanks for the inspiration to use a CVS tool,

but my problem are files like

conf/local.php

where most of the configuration informations of +many+ plugins and templates are stored,
and I don´t see that I can handle this file properly with a CVS,
as a CVS stores files and is not a file merger.

Any help and further inspiration is welcome

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: How to do a time-efficient Dokuwiki upgrade ? (Best practices wanted)  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
hemmerling #6
Subject: How to do a time-efficient Dokuwiki upgrade ?
Hello,
I want to update my local DokuWiki installation on Windows, after the next final release of DokuWiki

Please tell me, how to do a time-efficient Dokuwiki upgrade ?
How did you do it in the past ?
Best practices wanted!

The transfer of the contents files is simple, thats not the problem.
I talk here about the templates, plugins, configurations.

The only way I know is building DokuWiki from the scratch,
i.e. installing the fresh DokuWiki, deleting all not wanted languages,
and then install all plugins ( manually ) from the sources = from separate downloads,
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Because if I don´t start with fresh and clean ( not empty!) configuration files,
but with my old ones, I would miss new configuration commands...
And I have a "fear" of this....
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So the my unefficient process is NOT doing a fresh installation of basic DokuWiki and then copying all old stuff into the new DokuWiki, but to do the installation step-by-step as if I have never installed all the plugins, templates ect.

So does anybody else do it differently,
in a more efficient way?
If so I would be pleased if he/she tells us here...

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: Yet another "editor toolbox is not displayed" problem with simple solution:-) (The problem was solved by changing the UI template to another, and then back)  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
hemmerling #7
Subject: Yet another "editor toolbox is not displayed" problem with simple solution:-)
Hello,

On a local DokuWiki installation on Windows, not visible in the Internet:

I moved my DokuWiki installation from one Apache server installation ( on one old Windows computer ) to another new Apache server installation ( on the new freshly installed Windows computer ). I even installed the same version of the Apache server ( i.e. Typo3 Winstaller ).

There I was confronted with the well known problem "editor toolbox is not displayed", but just the text "Media Files" was displayed.

The final simple solution was:
Change the UI template to another ( there I got already the editor toolbox ),
and then change back ( and here again i got it too).

All other tips here, like deleting the cache of DokuWiki or the browser, did not work.
So this tip is just "not to forget it, it might help anhow".

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: CMS Garden - The Open Source CMS Garden Festival at CeBIT 2013. (Special Theme of CEBIT 2013 Fair in Hannover)  in the forum: Community User Meetings
hemmerling #8
In reply to post ID 37544
CeBIT is always awsome, the OpenSource section/hall too since a few years.

Indeed, it is a "lost chance" for DokuWiki. But all other Wikis ( Mediawiki.. ) were missing too on that platform.
Is Andy developing DokuWiki still with much efford, and already makes some income by DokuWiki consulting?

So mostly there were companies offering the USE of the opensource CMS systems as service,
not necessarily the core developer crews... ( AFAIK )

Probably there won´t be another CMS Garden in future years, while probably there will be an OpenSource section / hall on the CeBIT...

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: CMS Garden - The Open Source CMS Garden Festival at CeBIT 2013. (Special Theme of CEBIT 2013 Fair in Hannover)  in the forum: Community User Meetings
hemmerling #9
In reply to post ID 36454
Update, after first fair day:

The CMS Garden is a big-big success,
it is a pity that DokuWiki is not present :-(.

Somehow the funding of the event is solved without depending on the sales of a book,
as there is a free paper booklet

CMS-Gartenfibel / CMS Gardener's Guide

about all the free CMS systems ( 130 pages, all articles both in German and English language ).

There are short 5-minutes presentations of the CMS systems, usually 5 or 6 in a group, every 1 or 2 hours.

All the teams are dressed as garden hobby workers :-).

The CMS booth area is in Hall 6, next to the OpenSource booth area ( so CMS booth area is extra and separated from the other OpenSource booth area ).

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: See more at: http://localhost:8502/content/doku.php?id=p:page_from_where_i_copied.html (Suddenly with copy+paste from DokuWiki pages, this message is also pasted :-()  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
hemmerling #10
In reply to post ID 37441
Its just if I copy from my local DokuWiki :-(,
it does not happen if I copy from other websites :-)

Of course there is a "big" chance that a lately-installed third-party software causes this behavioiur,
as I did not change my DokuWiki installation nor my Apache server nor my Firefox 12 browser... but its frustrating, I don´t see the cause ( the software in charge which does it ).

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: See more at: http://localhost:8502/content/doku.php?id=p:page_from_where_i_copied.html (Suddenly with copy+paste from DokuWiki pages, this message is also pasted :-()  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
hemmerling #11
Subject: See more at: http://localhost:8502/content/doku.php?id=p:page_from_where_i_copied.html
Hello,

"suddenly",
on Windows, using "Typo3 Winstaller" as Apache server.

if I copy something from a DokuWiki page ( mark it with mouse, press CTRL-C )
and paste it somewhere else ( e.g. in an editor, with CTRL-V),

additionally to the copied contents I get

"
See more at: http://localhost:8502/content/doku.php?id=p:page_from_where_i_copied.html
"

How to get rid of that ?
And how might it have started ?!

Sincerely
Rolf
topic: Place for next Hackfest (2013)?  in the forum: Community User Meetings
hemmerling #12
In reply to post ID 36809
I don't think a Hackathon for all Wikis or all CMS systems makes that much sense. Among wiki developers there might be some common areas where we can learn from each other but at least at previous events like the two Wikifests in Berlin we had the feeling that most of the time (apart from the social parts like eating) we were just sharing the location but not really working together.
Absolutely right.. but that's an argument against a specific just-DokuWiki Hackfest,
as even 2 of three just-Dokuwiki German WikiCamps
http://wikicamp.mixxt.org/
were canceled....

So there MIGHT be enough people to found a Wikifest or Barcamp about "all Wikis" or even about "all Web CMS", but this does not mean that there is sufficient interest in a just-DokuWiki event...

Sincerely
Rolf
hemmerling #13
In reply to post ID 36781
Why not? I used easyJet for all of our HackFests. Where do you see a problem?

a) Such airlines do not offer reliable service, in comparison to a train: You can be shure that at least SOME of the Hackfest participants will be faced that they "can´t take the cheap flight as expected", due to
- missing capacity ( no seats )
- does not fly at the needed days
- does not fly from next to the living place, does not fly next to the conference location

b)
E.g. London: The travel by train from the "London" airport to REAL London is more expensive than the flight from a German airport to "London"

c)
Cheap airplanes even don´t fly from many major (German) airports, but from minor ( German ) airports, so you have to travel to exotic locations sometimes even without railway station, or the costs with railway to come to the exotic place are even highter than the flight costs.

With Hannover as hometown, I even have luck that SOME cheap flights start here, BUT
The cheap airport for Frankfurt ist NOT Frankfurt but Hanau.
The cheap airport for Hamburg is Lübeck.
The cheap airport for Bielefeld is Paderborn.
The cheap airport for Berlin is NOT in Berlin, but a former military airport in Brandenburg...
and so on..

Same with targets: if the REAL targets of the airplanes  are NOT next to conference location, you have much extra traveling costs...

d)
In 2008 I wanted to travel to Graz, Austria ( second-biggest town in Austria, behind Vienna )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graz.
It was impossible to take a flight, especially no cheap flight,
as (at that time) Graz was not target of cheap flights ( I am not even shure if they have an airport at all ), especially not of direct conections from my hometown Hannover.

And "taking train plus flight" does not work either,
as planes don´t wait for trains, and vice versa,
with fixed booking of trains and planes you come easily in a situation where you can´t continue traveling with your paid tickets, as you did not reach the only ( paid ) connection...
on my last railway journey to Stuttgart last autumn, I met a guy with a "cheap" plane ticket, but due to a 2-hours train delay, probably he missed his flight and so a 800 EUR value of hotel + flight tickets...

e)
Cheap railway tickets don´t become much more expensive if you double the distance, within Germany :-).
So flight + train is usually more expensive than "just train".

Sincerely
Rolf
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2013-01-28, 11:19 by hemmerling.
hemmerling #14
In reply to post ID 36774
a)
This is an unrealistic calculation,

the flight alone
Hannover - Athen ( and then you are not yet there at the hotel )
is about 300 EUR, or even more,

and for even cheap hotels, you can calculate 60 EUR/night, for cheapest offers, in Germany, - and probably also for Greek or any other western European country -
for accomodation,

PLUS the rental of the conference rooms, plus MORE EXPENSIVE food ( you don´t have a supermarket or Döner restaurant at the place of the event )

So Greek
300 EUR flight
300 EUR hotel for 5 nights
600 EUR

Its just that the LinuxHotel was an example,
driving by train from Hannover to Linuxhotel and back with early booking, is 44 EUR.

I know the calculation for "1 week with flight in Europe" from other kinds of offers, in my case I thought about taking a special event "1 week of speeches about fuel cells, at locations where you have to book a hotel room, in the hotel where the conference takes place, plus fight", though it was a sponsored event, I would have to pay full hotel and flight costs... after all, I did not apply for participation.

b)
So such an event is "just cheap" for the local people, who do not pay travel and accomodation.
E.G. the first WikiCamp, at Hannover, my hometown:

I got free CeBIT ticket ( quiet easy to get in the last few years )
tram + bus travel was included in the ticket
free conference rooms, sponsored by CeBIT
so ZERO costs for me.

c)
Don´t confuse with this "cheap flights" of Ryan-Air ect,
this won´t work mostly for specific events,

and don´t confuse with offers "1 week in Mallorca or Turkey for 100 EUR, or even free".,
this won´t work mostly for specific events,

d)
And you forget that you need people as participatns, who may easily get "holidays from your boss", at times they want - not very realsitic for the IT industry, especially not for freelancers ect., who don´t have ANY holidays if they have a contract,
and who have to cancel ANY holidays if they get a new contract...

I suppose that You know nothing about the DokuWiki people who might be interested to join such an event ( as I don´t know too ), about their busines and labour situation, the willing to spent 1000 EUR ( 600 EUR does not include food, ect. ) for a Hackfest week.

Sincerely
Rolf
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2013-01-27, 16:12 by hemmerling.
hemmerling #15
In reply to post ID 36637
a)
Be SMART,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

i.e. "realistic":
-The first-ever planned WikiCamp was canceled ( see  Community / User Meetings )
-One WikiCamp took place, 2010 in Hannover at the CeBIT fair.
-The next planned WikiCamp ( this weekend, 2013-02-01 - 2013-02-02 in Neuß, Germany ) was just canceled, due to lack of interest ( see  Community / User Meetings ).

b)
So the time-intensive and expensive ideas,
as the planning of a 1-week event for programmers in Germany,
is that right for the ( German ) DokuWiki community ?!

c)
OPTION 5:
How about a virtual Hackfest ( with Pizza for own bill, at anybody's home ), for a weekend ?!

d)
While competitive CMS systems present itself on the Hannover CeBIT 2013 in a special hall and event ( see Community / User Meeting ), DokuWiki is not present at this event. This MIGHT have been the chance to do a Hackfast on the weekend "after" the Cebit ( i.e. Saturday last fair day, Sunday ). But this chance is gone...

e)
I just participated in a Hackathon of a local Web 2.0 company, with a "Document Hub" service, which released its API, for 2.5 days ( Friday evening - Sunday afternoon ). This was great, but there was also a financial interest ( to attract programmers to write a client for the service ), and the event happened "almost for free" in the office of the startup company.

So it was for NO COSTS for the participants ( besides traveling +  accommodation "but as cheap as possible, not in a conference hotel"  ), and for LOW COSTS for the organizer ( Pizza, ChilliCon Carne, breakfast, soft drinks, beer,..for 15-20 software developers )
Take this as example, how it MIGHT work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon

f)
I don´t know anybody, especially no company, with a  positive "financial interest" about DokuWiki, who/which is willing to sponsor such an event.
If you know, have a try...

g)
Don´t confuse a special place like London
with the plain country ( in Germany, UK,..).

Don´t confuse a Hackathon event "for all Wikis" or even "for all CMS systems" with a "Just DokuWiki" event - see the special event at the Hannover CeBIT Fair 2013, where CMS competitors are present, but DokuWiki not.

SMART:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria
DokuWiki is not the "leading edge" of CMS or Wikis, to be realistic... maybe it never was.
There is a reason for its existance ( I enjoy it, you enjoy it,.. ).. but thats it.

Sincerely
Rolf
This post was edited 5 times, last on 2013-01-27, 08:57 by hemmerling.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-06, 18:53:28 (UTC +01:00)