Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by sysbox27 (11)

topic: RSS  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 11 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: RSS
Sorry for publishing again, but I'm having trouble getting a rss reader to read the pages correctly, and thought I would try and request some help again.
Firstly thanks to ChrisS for his help thus far.

I'm making use of ACL and the docs says you need to pass your credentials to the rss reader as well to access. I do this as follows:

http://myserver/mydokuwiki/f…?u=me&p=mypassword&…

I get the feed titles displayed correctly (with some initial text from the page), but I still get problem where if I click on any of the titles to actually display the webpage I get that "permission denied. perhaps you forgot to login?" message.
Surely it shouldn't do this?
Can anyone please advise how to resolve this?

With regard to the initial text from the page that gets displayed with the feed titles - can this be limited or edited in some way?

I am using SharpReader for my rss feeds.

Thanks again
topic: RSS feed  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #2
In reply to post ID 1650
thanks Chris.
I had a look at that those links and think I have applied everything correctly but still have problems. I am making use of ACL and the link says you need to pass your credentials to the rss reader as well to access. I do this as follows:

http://myserver/mydokuwiki/f…?u=me&p=mypassword&…

I get the feed titles displayed, but I still get problem where if I click on any of the titles to actually display the webpage I get that "permission denied. perhaps you forgot to login?" message.

Can anyone please advise how to resolve this?

I am using ShrapReader for my rss feeds.

Thanks.
topic: version changes  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #3
Subject: version changes
Hi,
Is there a safe way to delete all the history of changes?
Thanks.
topic: securing wiki files on windows/apache  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #4
In reply to post ID 1588
Hello purplepaisley,
Ah, that's what was wrong. I needed to change config to load index.php as you suggested.
I did this the other day but forgot to respond to your suggestion, but thought I should do so now anyway as maybe somebody else has same problem and also benefits from it.
Thanks very much for the help.

Regards.
topic: RSS feed  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #5
Subject: RSS feed
Hi,
Can somebody help with the config of the RSS feed. I clicked on the rss link at the bottom of my start page and this then generated a page of links which I guess looked correct.
I took this page address and pasted into a rss reader and this generated my start page (in very ugly plain text) but what I don't see is any update in my rss reader when I change something on one of my wiki pages.
Have I made some wromg assumptions here? Can anybody help me to understand how this is supposed to work and whether I can get a rss reader to display my wiki in formatted html rather than just plain text?
Many thanks again.
topic: delete history  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #6
Subject: delete history
Hi,
Is there a safe way to delete all the history of changes?
Thanks.
topic: ACL  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #7
In reply to post ID 1605
I think I have resolved this particular issue.

Now I need to get email working.
topic: ACL  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #8
Subject: ACL
Hi,
I am trying to save changes to my ACL using the gui. The gui appears to respond and save whatever changes I want to my namespaces but when I login as a restricted user I still see what I shouldn't.
Why would this be? I am running Apache 2.2 on Win2003.
Permisions to files appear to all be ok.

Looking in the manual the ACL gui writes to acl.auth.php. What about acl.auth.php.dist?
Does the acl.auth.php.dist look right? I didn't think so but thought I would ask before I start modifying the file.

here is text from acl.auth.php.dist:
# Access Control Lists
#
# Editing this file by hand shouldn't be necessary. Use the ACL
# Manager interface instead.
#
# If your auth backend allows special char like spaces in groups
# or user names you need to urlencode them (only chars <128, leave
# UTF-8 multibyte chars as is)
#
# none   0
# read   1
# edit   2
# create 4
# upload 8
# delete 16

•               @ALL        8

and text from acl.auth.php:
# acl.auth.php
# <?php exit()?>
# Don't modify the lines above
#
# Access Control Lists
#
# Auto-generated by install script
# Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:24:02 +0000
  •               @admin      255
*    @dba    4
*    @ALL    0
*    @dev    2

Can anyone help me figure out why ACL not working for me?
Thanks.
topic: securing wiki files on windows/apache  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sysbox27 #9
In reply to post ID 1569
Thanks for the response - I do appreciate it.

Does apache apply the .htaccess security you refer to by default? The .htaccess file looks ok, but when a user goes to the site, http://myservername.com/wikiroot/doku.php, if they want to they could just go to http://myservername.com/wikiroot and this will allow them to view all the files that make up my wiki. I want to prevent this - is that possible?
How do I get apache to honour the .htaccess that you mention?

Thanks again for the help!
sysbox27 #10
Subject: securing wiki files on windows/apache
Hi,
I'm running apache as my webserver on a win2003 server to suit certain company policies. I have had a look at some of the security suggestions for dokuwiki, and maybe I don't fully understand the comments, but I haven't found a doc that explains how to lock down your wiki files from prying eyes.
I have deployed a basic ACL policy but I don't like the fact that user can if they so wish currently view the wiki directory structure and actually view files like doku.php as well as all the other files.

Can somebody please help explain how I can do this on win2003/apache platform so I can make my dokuwiki more secure?

Thanks.
topic: linking multiple txt documents to a wiki page  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
sysbox27 #11
Subject: linking multiple txt documents to a wiki page
Hi,
I am having problems adding documents (txt) to my wiki page.
As an example I add 1 document and the document then displays ok, I add another document to the page and I get the document displayed but without any formatting so difficult to read. The 2 documents in question were copies of one another.
Has anybody had this sort of problem before?
Any ideas on how this can be fixed?
Thanks.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-06, 09:08:45 (UTC +01:00)