Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by sammax1212 (15)

topic: Search Results are Overlapping  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
sammax1212 #1
User title: sammax1212
Member since Jun 2018 · 15 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Search Results are Overlapping
Hello everyone,

Whenever I search something on my wiki that has a lot of results the search results for the page names overlap. I cannot change the length of the pagenames (none are overly long anyways) is there anyway to fix this? I've only found one other thread similar to this but I don't think the code works.
 I am using the bootstrap v3 theme btw.

Some possible solutions would be: limit the amount of columns or allow the page names to go down to the next line after so many characters (I'm a noob with the coding aspect but my IT guys can implement the code for me )

thanks in advance for the help:)
-SM
topic: Search Results are Overlapping help!  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sammax1212 #2
Subject: Search Results are Overlapping help!
Hello everyone,

Whenever I search something on my wiki that has a lot of results the search results for the page names overlap. I cannot change the length of the pagenames (none are overly long anyways) is there anyway to fix this? I've only found one other thread similar to this but I don't think the code works.

Some possible solutions would be: limit the amount of columns or allow the page names to go down to the next line after so many characters (I'm a noob with the coding aspect but my IT guys can implement the code for me )

thanks in advance for the help:)
-SM
topic: Hello from myPlace.wiki  in the forum: Community User Introductions
sammax1212 #3
In reply to post ID 61593
Hello Anha Daniel,

I'm pretty new here aswell but welcome to the Dokuwiki forums. The community is extremely helpful & knowledgeable. I hope you can solve the hurdles you are facing!

BTW your wiki looks wonderful! what theme are you using?

-Sam
topic: How do plugins get upgraded?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sammax1212 #4
In reply to post ID 61355
I am also somewhat of a noob but if you go into your extension manager it will display all of your plugins and for the most part if they have updates there will be a button you can press to automatically update them.
 If you've found an update online you might want to delete the plugin and install the updated version.. hope this helps!
topic: SiteMenu v UserMenu in Dokuwiki template [SOLVED] (svg icons for SiteMenu are defined but don't appear; wish they would.)  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
sammax1212 #5
In reply to post ID 61352
go and edit the title of the first comment and add [SOLVED] (I think haha I am also new)
topic: Floating TOC &/or better themes [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
sammax1212 #6
In reply to post ID 61292
Hey I didnt get to try the code but I used bootstrap 3 theme and now I have a floating TOC. Thank you turnermm :-D
topic: Floating TOC &/or better themes [SOLVED]  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
sammax1212 #7
In reply to post ID 61291
thank you I will give it a try.. i stumbled upon this code, Do you think it would work?
Just put the following code inside  conf/userstyle.css  inside DokuWiki directory.

1 /* Place customisations to screen mode style sheet here */
3 /* table-of-content sidebar*/
4 div.toc {
5 position: fixed !important;
6 top: 1em !important;
7 bottom: 3em !important;
8 right: 0px !important;
9 overflow-y: auto !important;
10 display: -moz-box !important;
11 height: 90% !important;
12 width: 16% !important;
13 }
15 /* reducing page width to save it from going under toc */
16 div.header, div.bar, div.doc, div.breadcrumbs {width:82% !important}
17 div.page {
18 width: 80% !important;
19 border: 0px #6C9AD0 solid !important;
 20 padding: 1em !important;
21 }
23 /* styling the 'Edit' button */
24 input[value="Edit"] {
25 font-weight: bold !important;
26 font-size:1em !important;
27 border-width: 0.2em !important;
28 }
I got the code from here Link: http://babilonline.blogspot.com/2010/08/dokuwiki-beautifie…
sammax1212 #8
Subject: Floating TOC &/or better themes [SOLVED]
Hey guys n gals, I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin/ theme that could make the Table of Contents float down the page as you scroll, or would I need a code to put into - conf/userstyle.css  inside the DokuWiki directory? I'm new to coding and dokuwiki.. Also if anyone knows of any good themes that are newer I'd greatly appreciate it. I've tried boostrap3 but cant change the look of it (maybe I just don't know how:/
This post was edited on 2018-06-12, 21:18 by sammax1212.
topic: [SOLVED] Improving Search Relevance  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
sammax1212 #9
In reply to post ID 61240
Thank you Cziehr, I'll check it out!.
topic: [SOLVED] Improving Search Relevance  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
sammax1212 #10
In reply to post ID 61236
Subject: update
Great news, Now that I have created a main EDS namespace I can properly search with @EDS which is awesome:) Now i need to move the 100+ pages to this, any good plugins that can move namespaces?
sammax1212 #11
In reply to post ID 61236
Thank you very much!
I now understand that it will make it worlds quicker.. The only thing is none of our namespaces for EDS are grouped they are all just random namespaces that arent linked to any (besides the green link on a main page) I want to be able to add these to a new namespace which would be called "Engineering Design Information" so they will be in a seperate part of our wiki is this possible? I'm assuming I'll need to speak to my IT guy aka the admin.
sammax1212 #12
Subject: [SOLVED] Improving Search Relevance
This is my first coop doing coding I'm tasked with optimizing the wiki. Essentially my boss wants me to make it easier for our design team to locate stuff in the wiki.. That being said I am currently trying to get the IT dude to add a keywords plugin to our current wiki, I think that could help the team find important info quicker! If they only need to search the "Engineering & Design" portion of the wiki could I place all of the namespaces involving "Engineering & Design" into one namespace called; lets say "EnD"? Do you think that would increase search relevance?

This community is great; my boss originally wanted me to change it to a mediawiki but I think dokuwiki is the WTG!:)
This post was edited on 2018-06-06, 20:39 by sammax1212.
topic: Improving the Dokuwiki at my new Summer Coop From Canada (engineering coop)  in the forum: Community User Introductions
sammax1212 #13
In reply to post ID 61233
thanks man! this is my first coop doing coding or optimizing the wiki. Essentially my boss wants me to make it easier for our design team to locate stuff in the wiki.. That being said I am currently trying to get the IT dude to add a keywords plugin to our current wiki, I think that could help the team find important info quicker! If they only need to search the "Engineering & Design" portion of the wiki could I place all of the namespaces involving "Engineering & Design" into one namespace called; lets say "EnD"? Do you think that would increase search relevance?

This community is great; my boss originally wanted me to change it to a mediawiki but I think dokuwiki is the WTG!:)
topic: Improving the Dokuwiki at my new Summer Coop From Canada (engineering coop)  in the forum: Community User Introductions
sammax1212 #14
In reply to post ID 61225
Hey thanks for the reply, I have updated the wiki im now just looking for a decent search plugin i think im going with the Sphinx Search plug in, If anyone knows anything about it or has a better suggestion it would be much appreciated:)
sammax1212 #15
Subject: Improving the Dokuwiki at my new Summer Coop From Canada
Hey Everyone,
I just started a summer coop and my task is to optimize the dokuwiki; currently we are using an old version of dokuwiki (8 years old I think). The original idea was to switch to a mediawiki but I am proposing updating and using plugins to get better search results and to make the entire wiki more user friendly.
I am quite new to coding but I'm a quick learner. I'll definitely be asking lots of questions on here.. Nice to meet you all!

SM
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-25, 05:21:33 (UTC +02:00)