Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by jeffmcneill (4)

topic: .md as a top-level file type?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
jeffmcneill #1
Member since Jun 2018 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Anybody here?
topic: .md as a top-level file type?  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
jeffmcneill #2
Subject: .md as a top-level file type?
When using the Markdown extension, either the filename has to be .md.txt or <markdown></markdown> block needs to be added to each file.

However, when using .md.txt this means that the URL is generated as /filename.md rather than the preferred and standard /filename.

It should be possible to let .md files be treated as .txt files, in terms of filenames, AND have .md files interpreted by the Markdown extension?

I'm willing to not have .txt files as the standard, .md files only is fine with me.
topic: If no Newsletter, should remove from site  in the forum: Community Newsletter Feedback
jeffmcneill #3
Subject: If no Newsletter, should remove from site
Hi folks, since the newsletter is defunct, it might be best to remove it from the website and also this user forum. It makes it look like DokuWiki itself is defunct.
topic: The datadir ('pages') at ./data/pages is not found  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
jeffmcneill #4
In reply to post ID 56713
I find that occasionally the directory structure loses some part of its security settings and I use a script to overwrite. Does this security align with DokuWiki needs? In general this works for Apache and Nginx (which is the example user below):

chown -R nginx:nginx /usr/share/nginx/html
find /usr/share/nginx/html -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \;
find /usr/share/nginx/html -type d -exec chmod g+s {} \;
find /usr/share/nginx/html -type f -exec chmod 0664 {} \;
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-01-16, 13:25:53 (UTC +01:00)