Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Page:  1  2  3 ... 10  11  12  next 

All posts by Samana Johann (174)

topic: Possibility for "good purpose only" contributions to DW? (a "holly", "generosity only" forge)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
Samana Johann #1
Member since Jun 2018 · 174 posts · Location: Aural/Cambodia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Appreciation that Ach feels "touched" a little.

The "problem" isn't at that point, but at the fantastic believe that things are (could ever be) "open" or "free", of cause it would require to give up the "open/free" lie at first place.

My person could not sleep well if approving harmful use of his sacrifices or that such would be used for gain (lose of another).

Looks like a huge amount of people are well caught by Mara.

How ever, without any wish or intention to burden the community much with such and let anyone go where he/she thinks that it is well for them, would there be any possibility for such? Not sure, possible a cast off old edition, traders don't need to fear lose by "only for good"?

It's how ever impossible that people sticking to moral seriously could ever consciously contribute to "open/free".

"licence", in and of itself, is already an invitation to view things wrong and what another might made out of such and such kind of gift, that of cource is the heirs thing, for who could ever force another to either good or bad.

As for the "open/free" statement, it's clear ones part on it, what ever others might made.

Enought. My person thinks this all is not wished at all here by some and of cource you may censure and delete this here all as you wish and feel good with it.
This post was edited on 2019-04-17, 11:12 by andi.
topic: Anunmodana (invitation to rejoice with good deeds) - No chit chat at all  in the forum: Offtopic Chit Chat
Samana Johann #2
In reply to post ID 65572
Sadhu! That's already mudita, a first step.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-04-07, 07:56 by andi.
topic: Anunmodana (invitation to rejoice with good deeds) - No chit chat at all  in the forum: Offtopic Chit Chat
Samana Johann #3
In reply to post ID 65569
Mr. Michael:

If I remember correctly, Buddhist monks must not thank for what they have been given.

That's quite more to the point as the quoted text. Since rejoicing in gainings of others and to share ones merits is total alien in modern/western world, it would be good to be well introduced. How ever, my person thinks that it is not welcome here to speak about virtues and good.

There is no problem if removing it and all, it would not change own intentions but just simply deprive others to participate on merits and receive what is hard and seldom to receive, not to speak of burning down ones own fields before harvest by fear, anger and aversion. It will not happen again and my person understand certain control over merits of others since they are very powerful.

As for my persons part of involvement, please feel not offended by it, there is less that can assume that the use of DW is actually welcome since there would not come any worldly benefit back and my person will try to abstain any personal uninvited  (just assuming that it could be taken in trust) use of support that nobody may feel uncomfortable by not wished use of ones scarifies. 

May all your good undertakings fruits be always quick recognize-able for you, that faith in good deeds may grow steady and quick.

metta and mudita (one may, can at least, google after the meaning of words or use links of dealers)
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-04-06, 14:18 by Samana Johann.
topic: Possibility for "good purpose only" contributions to DW? (a "holly", "generosity only" forge)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
Samana Johann #4
In reply to post ID 65565
Mr. Andreas,

Actually such is/would be not really possible (or always with certain disadvantages), because it can be used for almost everything, and the "energy" given that my person acts further, has been not dedicated for such: that means it would be corrupt used. In the case my person would be able to declare "only for good purposes and not for any kind of to world binding trade", i.e. virtuous, good intended use, such would be possible.

While the reasoning out of "desire" to stay on the marked, present, for (for example) going form no-commercial to commercial is total understandable form a common view, it cuts of "real generous" and contributions. As the step would go even further to "only good purposes", it works very hard against the flow and of cause it's a huge vision, not easy finding those seeing such as well.

To make it a little more understandable: Given there is somebody giving you a real free gift, owing actually to care best of it and make minimum equal or a better from it, and one would use it to give loans or to trade, thinking on certain personal objectives, it would have not be used equal or better, but falls back into normal trade, bind.

But my person does not like to burden to much with the topic at all.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-04-06, 10:20 by Samana Johann.
Samana Johann #5
Subject: Possibility for "good purpose only" contributions to DW? (a "holly", "generosity only" forge)
Yesterday having come across that DW was actually a "non-commercial" project, and since longer searching after "good purpose" undertakings, which are hard to find, my person thought of raising the question whether such a "forge" or integration would be possible.

Actually it would go beyond commercial but as marked "for good purpose only", which means not for harming, taking what ever life, taking what is not given, untruthful speech, violation in regard of sensual pleasure and intoxication that makes heedless.

Aware that what ever is dedicated toward a higher (heaven) and tended to liberation has a hard in the "reality" or common ways of the world, it is of course not the way for those just after gains in their scarifies.

How do you think about the possibilities for such since it is actually a one way course which does not circle back to the world, would in this way also not fall back to oneself harmful and straight lead to Unbound?

As someone living only on generosity of others, having goodness of others as only support, it is hard to find places and circumstances to place possible shares and of course often also not very welcome since it could disturb marked.

What do you think about such a field of merits? Would such have a place in your world, aside of the struggle between the 8 things the world is turning around (gain, lose, praise, blame, happiness, pain, honor, dishonor)?

It's clear that such a forge, if such is wished, would not "approved" feed back it's previous source, but run it's own course, feed as long as there is goodness which is not dedicated to bind to the world. And of course such gives no grounds for ones livelihood, something that one has to provide outside of it, independent.

(It should in no way be understood as a demand or claim, but simply encourage or inspire to alternative ways and they are of course, if proper done, never for anyone's disadvantages since always naturally do not "serve" a mass of people.)
Samana Johann #6
Subject: Anunmodana (invitation to rejoice with good deeds) - No chit chat at all
Since it is common for monks of the Buddha to give Anumodana (which is actually not what is known as blessing, but encouragement and share of merits one has done), my person thought to dedicate a topic. Since in all material ways beggars (which do not ask but accept invitations) there is actually nothing to give back aside of encouragements in regards of ones good actions and explaining of the way to better and beyond (and since not living on improper dependency, such is never made to give favors, but without "corruption", i.e. for own interests and trade).

This being the host of the great Brahma (God, Sublime, One with a Stand) Andreas and his many mighty Devas (deities) assembled here, similar to the realm of the "Devas Wielding Power over the Creation of Others (paranimmita-vasavatti deva)" and "Devas Delighting in Creation (nimmanarati deva)" and those respecting the Devas are always respected and protected by them, it's good to place appreciation toward all good deeds and sacrifices done in the past, current and in the future, toward the Devas, visible or invisible, blatant or subtle:

Bhuttā bhogā bhaṭā bhaccā
    Vitiṇṇā āpadāsu me
Uddhaggā dakkhiṇā dinnā
    Atho pañca balī katā
Upaṭṭhitā sīlavanto
    Saññatā brahmacārino
Yadatthaṃ bhogam-iccheyya
    Paṇḍito gharam-āvasaṃ
So me attho anuppatto
    Kataṃ ananutāpiyaṃ
Etaṃ anussaraṃ macco
    Ariya-dhamme ṭhito naro
Idheva naṃ pasaṃsanti
    Pecca sagge pamodatīti.

"My wealth has been enjoyed,
My dependents supported,
    protected from calamities by me.
I have given lofty offerings,
    and performed the five oblations.
I have provided for the virtuous,
    the restrained, leaders of the holy life.
For whatever aim a wise householder
    would desire wealth,
    that aim I have attained.
I have done what will not lead to future distress."
When this is recollected by a mortal,
    a person established in the Dhamma of the Noble Ones,
He is praised in this life
    and, after death, rejoices in heaven.

from the Adiya Sutta, Benefits to be Obtained (from Wealth)

(The "five oblations" are gifts/offerings given to one's relatives, guests, the dead, kings (taxes paid to the government), and devas.)

Mudita

Edit Andi: I usually would remove a post like this for it's close resemblance to spam. Instead I just removed the URLs, assuming good faith in the poster's intent and this being the off-topic forum.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-04-06, 09:34 by andi.
topic: GOTO plugin - anchor redirect and others  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
Samana Johann #7
In reply to post ID 65559
Sadhu! (Appreciation for a good deed) and Mudita Mr Myron and Mr Christoph, not at least for the sāmaggī (effort to do things together united)
topic: GOTO plugin - anchor redirect and others  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
Samana Johann #8
In reply to post ID 65549
Yes. Pardon the delayed answer.

Using first the Original header text, it would not match (working much with other then roman script) and so had to look after the menu provided anchor text.
topic: A "showing invisible character editor plugin"  in the forum: General Help and Support Plugins
Samana Johann #9
Subject: A "showing invisible character editor plugin"
Valued DW-Team, Developer and user,

initially having a hard with zero width space displaying lacks (for serval asian fronts which use them to split words) but also since many kinds of invisible characters playing actually an important rule in many syntax codes of DW, like tab, whitespace, line break, Mr. Moritz tries to develop something here.

If interested in it, working on it, or having shares of great and small tips, my person thought to dedicate it a place here.

On case topic is found here.
Samana Johann #10
Subject: GOTO plugin - anchor redirect and others
Valued DW-Team, Plugin developer, Mr. Cziehr, DW user,

in trust that the use is welcome, my person tried GOTO and while doing so it seems that the anchor-redirection does not undergo the usual name correction but requires the already rendered id.

My person likes to ask whether this consciously or maybe overseen?

Another question two questions would be:

Is it possible to change the text rendered by the plugin on the page and if, where best?

There is a actually a updated version: Is it foreseeable that it would be fully included into DW's plugin functions?

Appreciation for generosity and patient.
topic: Changing language for a certain lanuage-namespace  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
Samana Johann #11
Subject: Changing language for a certain lanuage-namespace
Valued DW-Team and user,

having certain language name-space for "death" languages (for example "cs-km" for Pali language in Khmer script) it would be great it it would be possible to change the language for this namespace into Khmer (km). Where and how could such be done, since if a language does not exist, it would take the default language (here english)? Or is it required to copy all lang-files and rename them according the "new" language?

What ever suggestions are always appreciated.
topic: Display of "zero width space" and other unicode characters  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
Samana Johann #12
In reply to post ID 64684
If interested, there is a case topic: Possibility to display of "zero width space" and other unicode characters
topic: Not public pages, search-index renew, search engines, (re-)build index tipps&tricks  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
Samana Johann #13
In reply to post ID 65403
Manifold issue as it seems. One reason is that Thai-script will be broken into "one character one word" and seems to make it hard that larger pages can be indexed. Just if somebody is generally interested in that issues, one may follow the case topic here.

Quote from inc/indexer.php file, line 18 and following:
// Asian characters are handled as words. The following regexp defines the
// Unicode-Ranges for Asian characters
// Ranges taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_block
// I'm no language expert. If you think some ranges are wrongly chosen or
// a range is missing, please contact me
define('IDX_ASIAN1','[\x{0E00}-\x{0E7F}]'); // Thai

It's not clear why that. Of course it seems to be that there are no single words sometimes, but they are usually separated by zero width spaces if written proper in certain Asian scripts. One issue is of course the inter-punctuation, "special" characters.
This post was edited on 2019-04-01, 13:27 by Samana Johann.
topic: Problem with display page in dokuwiki  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
Samana Johann #14
In reply to post ID 65411
Maybe just a matter of clearing the browsers cache? Sometimes also DW's (by saving setting page without changes)
topic: Not public pages, search-index renew, search engines, (re-)build index tipps&tricks  in the forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality
Samana Johann #15
In reply to post ID 65166
Since nearly impossible to rebuild or update index, would there be a way using such as "crownjob" (yet it is of course also only a mystic word for my person for now). Such, as far as understood, could run periodical in automatically way.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3 ... 10  11  12  next 
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-04-26, 00:35:34 (UTC +02:00)