Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by alimat (5)

topic: Why does the upload plugin only allow single files  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
alimat #1
Member since Sep 2018 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Why does the upload plugin only allow single files
The media manager allows multiple files to be uploaded in one request ut the upload plugin does not. Looking at the code it appears identical. What is stopping multi file uploads in the upload plugin?
topic: Can a user upload multiple files without going into edit mode?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
alimat #2
In reply to post ID 67085
I was hoping to keep everything within one page so that he user has a simpler overall experience. Agreed - getting them to use media manager would work but it not as streamlined as I had been hoping. Does anyone know what stops the upload plugin from accepting multiple files in the way that media manager does - the source code appears so similar I don't see what is preventing it.
topic: Can a user upload multiple files without going into edit mode?  in the forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage
alimat #3
Subject: Can a user upload multiple files without going into edit mode?
I am trying to create a page where a user can upload a number of files. I am using the Bureaucracy plugin to create a form and a template to create a page as a result. This plugin allows a use to select a file to be uploaded, however this is limited to 1 file at a time. The Drag and Drop plugin allows multiple files to be selected and dragged in - but needs to be done while in edit mode - which I do not want the user to have to do. Is there any method that could be used to allow a user to run the media manager or otherwise upload files (like what you see form the media upload in the editor) . I have also tried the upload plugin but it also was only allowing one file to be selected at a time?

Any ideas or suggestions please?
topic: Should profile updates work when using AD users and authad?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
alimat #4
In reply to post ID 63727
Subject: other error message from log
our sysadm also sees this sort of eror appear int he log

PHP Warning:  ldap_get_entries() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/rh/httpd24/root/var/www/html/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/ldapsearch/syntax.php on line 125
topic: Should profile updates work when using AD users and authad?  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
alimat #5
Subject: Should profile updates work when using AD users and authad?
We have been using authad to authenticate users to our local AD successfully and are using the TLS option in the Authad configuration. This seems to be working with few problems - although we occasionally get a bind error when we try to log on - subsequent attempts are OK

The problem I want to ask about is changing your profile. The authad documentation says you can change name email and password - but whenever I try to do that I get an authad bind error error message displayed -

"AD Auth: Bind to Active Directory failed. Check the login credentials and/or server details. AD said: Can't contact LDAP server"

This is also displayed whenever we try to update pages - when you enter edit mode this is displayed. The changes do howeevr appear to be applied.

why are we seeing these errors?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-20, 01:19:43 (UTC +01:00)