Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by mringer (2)

topic: first time wiki  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
mringer #1
Member since Oct 2018 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
yes, I meant save money. I am a horrible proofreader.  Considering that I already have two pc's and top laptops that run 24 7x365 adding a 2nd small desktop system i don't think is going to be that big of a drain.  Plus I have a feeling they (as in my coworkers) are going to want to attach PDF's and other files to the system as well, and I already know from experience that storage is not cheap.  I have reached out to a hosting company or two to see what they are going to charge.  Currently waiting for responses.
topic: first time wiki  in the forum: General Help and Support Server Setup
mringer #2
Member since Oct 2018 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: first time wiki
Setting up a wiki for the company I work for.  We all work remotely and it has been decided that the dropbox doesn't work the way some people want it to work, so we need a Wiki.

I am thinking to say money i should just set it up from home with a DNS service.  The question I have is pretty simple, but I wanted to ask before I told everyone we can do it this way.  

Was thinking just get an old PC, Stick a lot of storage in it and run it with apache and php and dokuwiki.   I am thinking this should work.   I have fairly decent internet (300 down and 35 up) so it shouldn't be too much of a drag on my internet (we have 6 people that would access it)  thoughts?

thanks!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-23, 05:23:40 (UTC +02:00)