Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by sprice (4)

topic: Can't see jpegs uploaded by ftp in media manager or wiki pages  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sprice #1
Member for a month · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
That sounds right, cziehr.  My images are being exported from my image software with uppercase letters and sometimes whitespaces.  I can change that. Thank you!

--Scott
topic: Greetings from NYC, USA  in the forum: Community User Introductions
sprice #2
In reply to post ID 64245
Thanks, Andi!
topic: Can't see jpegs uploaded by ftp in media manager or wiki pages  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
sprice #3
Subject: Can't see jpegs uploaded by ftp in media manager or wiki pages
Hello --

I've got a pretty plain DokuWiki installation - latest version, clean install, a small number of plugins.  The installation is on a professional webhosting service, and I've moderately comfortable with the command line there.

I've been using ftp to upload pages, and that's working fine once I sorted out users and permissions with the webhost and in the ACL plugin, which I'm using.

I can create directories through ftp in the media/ hierarchy and that's fine.

However, jpeg files that I upload through ftp into those directories don't show up in the media manager, and aren't accessible to the wiki pages/gallery plugin.  If I upload the same jpeg files through the media manager, all's well, and I can then see them in ftp.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I've got a lot of photos I'm working with, in many subdirectories so that I can easily make small galleries of them using the gallery plugin.  Uploading just through the media manager is a tad tedious, and I *think* I've just misconfigured something. 10 minutes of searching here didn't turn up a ready answer, though.
topic: Greetings from NYC, USA  in the forum: Community User Introductions
sprice #4
Subject: Greetings from NYC, USA
Hello --

I've been using Dokuwiki off and on since 2005, and I'm back in an "on" phase now. I've got a question for the forum that I'll post soon, but I'd like to say hi, first.

I'm Scott Price.  I'm in Brooklyn, NY, USA.  By day, I'm a product manager for games and an educational website.  I'm passionate about hypertext and documentation, writing and reading in all these new media, and that's where DokuWiki has helped me. 

I've used DokuWiki to log tabletop RPGs, create world guides for same, to log collections of games I've played, books I've read, and to assemble documentation for game development.  Right now, I'm putting photo albums and journals from trips in.

--Scott
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-02-16, 17:17:22 (UTC +01:00)