Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by teeber99 (5)

topic: How should I structure namespaces...categories...etc  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
teeber99 #1
Member since Jan 2019 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How should I structure namespaces...categories...etc
I am designing a biological taxonomy Dokuwiki.  ...phylum,class,order,family,genus,species
I have hundreds of  individual pages in each group. I would like to organize the pages such that all the phylum pages are in a phylum folder, all the class pages are in a class folder, etc. etc. But I would like to have internal links on any given page that opens a page in the previous level folder. That is, a link on any given class page will open to its corresponding phylum page.

It seems namespaces will not allow internal links to other namespaces? Or what am I not understanding...probably a lot...
topic: importing with CSV create new pages  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
teeber99 #2
In reply to post ID 64389
Hi Christoph....Where do we put the file generated by your script...import.sh. Into what Dokuwiki directory?  Teeber99 and YZ
topic: importing with CSV create new pages  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
teeber99 #3
In reply to post ID 64343
Subject: Thank you!
Thank you so much Christoph. We will modify our file and try to implement this script. We will get back to you about how it worked.
When we get the first version of the Doku wiki up and public we will show you the result...Thanks
teeber99 #4
In reply to post ID 64300
Thank you for your quick reply. Although my computer skills are not so good (I am the DB content guy), my coworker YZ is a computer wizz.  He could modify and implement your bash script in Linux. That would be a great help.
teeber99 #5
Subject: importing with CSV create new pages
I would like to create a new Dokuwiki automatically creating 1000 new pages by importing a single CSV or EXCEL file containing 1000 rows. Where the column fields in the CSV file will populate the subheadings on each page. Is there a plugin or command that does that.

oh....also if that works, I would like to export the whole thing back into a CSV file.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-20, 01:21:36 (UTC +01:00)