Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by kstj (9)

topic: I Don't Get It  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
kstj #1
Member since Jan 2019 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Micahel

Please tell me where did you change the title to add your name?

Ken
topic: I Don't Get It  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
kstj #2
In reply to post ID 64472
Michael - trying to send you an email - returning "Access Denied"
kstj #3
In reply to post ID 64470
No Joy - same thing. I uninstalled Chrome just to make sure there was no cache hidden anywhere. Used the installer - great by the way - opened up the new site and there's the same "My Ope Wik Site" title. Checked the config manager and it shows " MY DokuWiki".

BTW for Turnermm - it's the default dokuwiki template.

Frustrating as Hxxx. I can't figure out where it's pulling the old title from.

I even used another machine that never has accessed the site and same thing. If you want to PM me I'll give you the admin credentials so you can see for yourself.
This post was edited on 2019-01-19, 17:19 by kstj.
kstj #4
In reply to post ID 64469
Seems there's something stuck somewhere as the initial load of new install had the old title even though the configuration manager shows the default title My DokuWiki. I uninstalled and checked the public_html directory to make sure all was gone and it was. I'm installing in that directory - no subdirectory since the entire site is dedicated to the wiki.

I had installed using Softaculous in cPanel and I suspect it's keeping some leftover fragment which it puts back in when it reinstalls Doku again.

I'll try again installing manually.
kstj #5
In reply to post ID 64466
Thanks Michael, I'll try that and let you know.
kstj #6
Subject: I Don't Get It
DokuWiki is supposed to be a popular wiki right after MediaWiki. So, it has to have a ton of users
I'd like to know after all this time why does it have so many irritating issues?
For instance, no changes I make in the configuration settings have any effect whatsoever.
In local.php I have the name of my site "My Open Wiki Site". In the admin Configuration on the site I have it also set to the same thing.
Yet, on the site it appears as "My Ope Wik Site". I cleared everything on Chrome (cookies, cache, etc, everything that's an option) and relaunched it - no change. I deleted the entire cache folder contents on Doku - no change. I tried changing the name in local.php and Configuration manager but - again - no change.
In another case I had to rename the tpl_footer to keep the buttons from appearing because commenting out the button code in it did nothing. Even though I could inspect the page as loaded and see that it was commented out and all the above chache/cookie clears were done again - the buttons still loaded.
It seems as though the changes I make are just being ignored - even when I switch the browser to Edge or IE11.

I have checked and rechecked folder access settings, etc. but no joy.

I have to believe someone out there had this problem and fixed it - otherwise Doku wouldn't be as popular as it is. I love the code and the look and feel - if only I could change something and have it cycle through - just one time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
topic: Can't Change/Hide Footer Buttons  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
kstj #7
In reply to post ID 64451
First - thanks for replying - good to see someone's out there. Yeah, this is one of those what the heck's going moments. I've looked at the code loaded in the browser on 3-browsers and it's fine but no joy. At the moment, even after clearing everything out of the browser settings, doku has ensconced itself into the address bar changing it whenever the url root is typed to url/doku - even though it's no longer installed. I even dragged out IE which I can't remember when I used it last and same thing happened first try. So, now it's a marathon search to try and figure out why it's redirecting.

Anyway, I appreciate the comment and reply - thanks for taking your valuable time.
topic: Can't Change/Hide Footer Buttons  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
kstj #8
In reply to post ID 64433
Well, guess that's the issue with no support. I'll just remove Doku and try another one. Shame too, I really liked the code.
kstj #9
Subject: Can't Change/Hide Footer Buttons
Although I have made changes in TPL/tpl_footer.php which either hide (comment out) or change the links the buttons point to ("DONATE" "POWERED BY" etc.,) they never appear to change the application itself when started. The buttons still are there and/or point to their old URLs.
I have tried deleting the cache folder, clearing out history/cookies/everything in both Chrome and Edge with no luck.
In Chrome you can "Inspect" the button itself and it does show the changes I have made but still, no actual change gets to the app when it's started.
Any ideas??
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-21, 18:13:11 (UTC +02:00)