Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by abrar (2)

topic: How does one trigger a page save action, on the click of a button (I want to have a simple 1// submit button, which when clicked 2// creates a 'example.txt' file, with the contents 'hello world')  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
abrar #1
Member since Jan 2019 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Thanks @turnermm & @StarArmy.

However, I have used the bureaucracy plugin, and I just checked out the addnewpage plugin right now. My requirement is a bit different.

So, I am creating quite a customized form with rich text editing, (which is why i cannot use bureaucracy). Anyway, so I need a button at the end of this form, much like bureaucracy, that allows me to export all the content entered into that form as a page...

Hence I felt, that maybe creating a button, that triggers the save page event might be my best option...

Any ideas??
topic: How does one trigger a page save action, on the click of a button (I want to have a simple 1// submit button, which when clicked 2// creates a 'example.txt' file, with the contents 'hello world')  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
abrar #2
Member since Jan 2019 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How does one trigger a page save action, on the click of a button
Sorry folks if the answer to this question is straightforward, but I am unable, for the life of me, find anything out there on the internet that answers this question of mine.

i have been using dokuwiki for a few months now, mostly hacking my say around. To achieve what i want, which is:
on the click of a custom button made by me, create a new 'example.txt' page, and fill it up with the content: hello world.

I've been reading about events and action plugins, but they mostly seem to talk about 'doings some actions when a DOKUWIKI event is triggered', but no where can I find, how to create a custom button, or any other input, that triggers an existing dokuwiki event. I really need to have a button that triggers the 'page save' event, and creates the 'example.txt' file.

Please could someone help me out with this?

Apologies if this is a silly question.

Best,
Abrar
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:10:13 (UTC +01:00)