Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by Thomas W (6)

topic: Let ACL permissions for @ALL not restrict other groups  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
Thomas W #1
Member since Feb 2019 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
That is a really good explanation you quote there from 'your "wiki_acls"' page.  Is that page public?
topic: Let ACL permissions for @ALL not restrict other groups  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
Thomas W #2
In reply to post ID 66953
That does not address the problem. To illustrate this better:

Say we have the groups @ALL, @user, @staff, @admin and @projectB.

Say I have the following rules:

*      @ALL        0 (None)
*      @user       0 (None)
*      @staff     16 (Delete)
a:b:*  @projectB   2 (Edit)

I want to make pages inside a:b:c:* public (e.g. the page a:b:c:d). I create this ACL rule:
a:b:c:*    @ALL    1 (Read)

Now, apparently everybody from all the groups is restricted to reading in a:b:c*.  I now would have to re-state all the rules:

a:b:c:*    @staff     16 (Delete)
a:b:c:*    @admin     16 (Delete)
a:b:c:*    @projectB   2 (Edit)

I'm not happy with this because

• it litters the ACL
  • changing permissions becomes error prone because multiple rules have to be synchronized. For example, if I want to elevate @projectB's rights to upload in a:b:*, I have to make sure that I change the rule a:b:c:* for @projectB as well.
  • Also, when an admin changes the ACL, he needs to be aware if such an "inner rule" was created because the outer rule needed repeating or if it was intended as a rule in and of itself (additional documentation might be required for each rule).

Not sure if there are any existing solutions to the problem.
Thomas W #3
Subject: Let ACL permissions for @ALL not restrict other groups
We have a private wiki. Occasionally, we want to make specific namespaces public. So for that namespace, we create an ACL rule for @ALL and set it to "Read". This however results in everybody (maybe except for admins) being restricted to reading rights in that namespace.

Is there a way to make sub-namespaces accessible to not logged in users while inheriting the rights for all other users?
topic: How to hide pages in sitemap depending on ACL  in the forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration
Thomas W #4
In reply to post ID 58566
For anyone finding this old thread and having the problem that the entire namespace structure (except the page names) is publicly visible: There is the sneaky_index option. Although the documentation says "Not recommended except for paranoid people" I think it should be enabled by default for private wikis.
topic: Find out page edit lock status with Ajax  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
Thomas W #5
In reply to post ID 65278
Great, that looks simple to do.

BTW, thanks so much for maintaining the ckgedit plugin – WYSIWYG was a sine qua non for my colleagues.  (And I'm happy about the nice CKEditor API.)
topic: Find out page edit lock status with Ajax  in the forum: General Help and Support Development
Thomas W #6
Subject: Find out page edit lock status with Ajax
Is there any GET request I can make from JavaScript to find out if a specific page is locked by someone – without having to add something on the server side?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-16, 07:44:26 (UTC +02:00)