Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

All posts by j_bee_uk (15)

topic: Images (Images not displayed when PHP updated.)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
j_bee_uk #1
Member since May 2019 · 15 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Thank you.  I applied the fix linked by Michaelsy earlier.
topic: layout Issues  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
j_bee_uk #2
In reply to post ID 66366
TBH, it feels like I have been going around in circles since the PHP Update  :)

I suspect I should upgrade the DokuWiki version - although my ISP doesn't appear to have an option for that, not (at present) can I even find an option to create a new version and copy data across.

And the Upgrade Plugin doesn't appear to be working for me either.

I am beginning to wonder if I made the right choices ...
topic: layout Issues  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
j_bee_uk #3
Subject: layout Issues
Since I  updated to PHP7.2, I am experiencing some layout issues.

The TOC just appears at the top of the page, rather that in the Top RH Corner as it used to - And all of the borders have disappeared from tables.

Any thoughts?
topic: Template Configuration  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
j_bee_uk #4
In reply to post ID 66362
OK -  Found it :)   Resolved by temporarily renaming the Template Folder and then selecting  different template.
topic: Template Configuration  in the forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout
j_bee_uk #5
Subject: Template Configuration
Now I have really broken it  :(

I have applied a template that I have not configured properly and now my wiki doesn't show any content at all -  not even the Admin Pages.  I have had a quick look through the files on the server to see if I can  see  a template config file (or something similar) but without any luck  - can anyone point me in the right direction ?
topic: Images (Images not displayed when PHP updated.)  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
j_bee_uk #6
In reply to post ID 66358
Thanks  :)
j_bee_uk #7
In reply to post ID 66355
Michaelsy -  Thank you  :)  I appreciate your help.

I suppose the next thing I should ask is  'Are you aware of solutions for other such 1&1-IONOS issues' :)  That could save me keep coming back as I discover them one by one over the next few days/weeks  :)
j_bee_uk #8
Subject: Images
Just recently I have been required to update my PHP from 5.? to 7.2 (Everything was working fine my ISP just decided to charge me an extra £7 per month for the privilege of being behind the times) 

In the process, some images stopped displaying.  Some shoe properly, others just have a place holder.  However, if you click on the placeholder, it links properly to the image.  I can't see any difference between links that work of don't work. 

This page is a good example  of some that do (and don't) work.   http://rp.baileymail.net/doku.php?id=stolen_land:midmarch:…

Any thoughts?
topic: Can't get to Admin Link  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
j_bee_uk #9
In reply to post ID 66326
Thanks.  I thought I had disabled it when I set the site up *frowns*
topic: Can't get to Admin Link  in the forum: General Help and Support General Stuff
j_bee_uk #10
In reply to post ID 66318
I have just put codowiki on with a side bar.  It is a bit less ugly than when it all went pear shaped :)  But I have lost my Right-hand side bar.

Images  and my next issue :(  Some links and recent uploads don't work at all. -  But that will have to wait until later.  I have a CV to write today  :)
j_bee_uk #11
In reply to post ID 66316
Thank you
j_bee_uk #12
In reply to post ID 66314
The issue was caused by the Nav Overlay Plugin.  Disabling that has fixed the overlay issues so my users and I can get to everything again.  :)  It just doesn't look pretty anymore :(
j_bee_uk #13
In reply to post ID 66313
rp.baileymail.net

However, I have managed to get  to the admin page from the Host Site's file lists, and changed the template so that it doesn't cover the admin link.

Now I just need to work out how to get the code and the plugins updated  :)
j_bee_uk #14
In reply to post ID 66310
My wiki is hosted on an ISP's server.  I have tried that (in a couple of different formats) formats on the sub-domain and the main domain -  both just return a  blank pages (even though I am logged in as an admin).

I have tried copying the whole of the <div class> section of code into a wiki page - and running from there -  however, it won't recognise the code :)

I am beginning to run out of ideas
j_bee_uk #15
Subject: Can't get to Admin Link
I was running an old version of PHP and upgraded to 7.2,  when I did so, my wiki stopped displaying some images.  In a fit up unbridled enthusiasm, I started to update plugins without checking first - in an attempt to fix issue.  I really should have known better!

I updated one plugin - to my shame can't remember what it was, although I think it had to do with sidebars - and everything went very pear shaped.  I think the right side bar started to overlay the main  part of the page.  To try and fix that, I tried playing with the template so see if I could find one that would work.    Now I have a template where a placeholder for the missing side-bar overlays the Admin Link -  and while I can log in, I can't click on the admin link (although I can see it).

Does anyone know the url structure for the Admin page?  Then I might be able to get to it directly.

Once I get in, is there a way that I can update the Wiki version from there?  My ISP doesn't appear to have a way that I can do so externally.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Special characters:
Special queries
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-20, 01:19:26 (UTC +01:00)